Old Guy Steve

Ordering the New Number Panels

11 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

And you guys still put them all in the wrong spots. Every last one of you. Except for 1.

People who can't follow simple, clear instructions really annoy me too. :)

I fully support your DIC moves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Like the guy that got all pissed off because I did not supply high enough resolution decals so he could print his own? But still printed them out.

I put clear instructions on how to install the decals. I made pictures. Drawings. With arrows. We even made them in one complete sheet so you would not screw up the order of the decals. 

And you guys still put them all in the wrong spots. Every last one of you. Except for 1. and you know who you are. You are my friend for life. Thank you. But everyone else...

Chumpcar, where the marketing director can be a dic to the customers and everyone pretends its normal.

Your sheets still use the number 8 by the way, which is symmetrical.  So when I put the new decals that I have to spend $100 on the car upside down, thats gonna be OK right?   (my original Chumpcar now champcar decals are still in perfectly workable condition, thanks.)

• Like 1

But your original all stock body and the engine was in perfect working condition... and you changed those, right? :)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Originalsterm said:

Can we buy new decals yet?

Nope. still waiting for one important bit of info. A contract. Once that is in my bosses hands, and the title sponsor approves the artwork we have made, then we will start printing them off and sending them to you guys that have paid, and open up new ones for sale. 

Bill....  its not that I appericate the job you are trying to do...  I'm just a tad bit OCD about my graphics since I do graphics so my car is my marketing...  I don't have a problem running the series sponsors and all.. .  but my schedule is 4 working days until the race at Road Atlanta basically because Saturday is my race car day.  I know in the past we had those little cover up stickers for the old panels, if we can count on something like that, I can have everything done and I can worry about how in the hell I'm going to tow my crap to the track since the engine in the ambulance has taken a dump...

Sorry for another noob question, but does ChampCar bring decal sets to the events, in case someone doesn't have them or didn't receive them in time?  We load for the first event in less than a month.  So, we're just planning for the worst case.

Also, @Bill Strong you mention "guys that have paid."  How do I pay now and get in line?  We're registered for Road America with two new cars that have no ChampCar decals.

The instructions of how we are doing the decals are in the Supps and the BCCR.
The small decals will be changing, not in size, but who is on it changes. so the overall white space stays the same. window banner, I don't have those exact details. but it will be required to be at the top of the front window.

Ugh.  I'm kind of in the same boat as R3R.  I have one good 2017 panel for the car as the others have been damaged (and aren't valid).  I really dont want to haul 400 miles to Atlanta to miss the race over number panels.😟

Edited by MPRLkld

10 minutes ago, MPRLkld said:

Ugh.  I'm kind of in the same boat as R3R.  I have one good 2017 panel for the car as the others have been damaged (and aren't valid).  I really dont want to haul 400 miles to Atlanta to miss the race over number panels.😟

Yeah...that would not be a good start for us.  We're towing 800 miles each way and flying in half a dozen guys.

Maybe my question got missed, but does ChampCar bring decals to the race and make them available for purchase?

1 minute ago, Round3Racing said:

Maybe my question got missed, but does ChampCar bring decals to the race and make them available for purchase?

Yes, we have purchased at the track a couple times.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

The small decals will be changing, not in size, but who is on it changes. so the overall white space stays the same. window banner, I don't have those exact details. but it will be required to be at the top of the front window.

Hopefully the window banner size doesn't get any larger.  I like being able to see where I am driving...tall people issues. 

• Like 2

ChampCar will have number panels at all tracks.
You supply the numbers

The window banner will not be that large.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

ChampCar will have number panels at all tracks.
You supply the numbers

Thanks Bill.  This will be an easy enough solution.  Just need to remember my heat gun to apply them...

On 1/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, Round3Racing said:

Yeah...that would not be a good start for us.  We're towing 800 miles each way and flying in half a dozen guys.

Depending on timing you can get rVA to print a set with your numbers all included. In the past they have worked hard to ensure if you bought/ordered a panel with custom numbers they would include it in a package of the blank panels that they were sending with Champ officials or otherwise just send them along to you in the mail. 

Edited by thewheelerZ

I'll be sending an update out via the website home page and all social media. you guys have been updated. From what I understand RVA is being inundated with phone calls and emails asking where their decals are.
We are still waiting for the contracts to get through legal and signed. 
Big Corporations don't move as fast as our small, fast-moving corporation.

4 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I'll be sending an update out via the website home page and all social media. you guys have been updated. From what I understand RVA is being inundated with phone calls and emails asking where their decals are.

So we can order now? :)

10 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

deleted. you guys would call them

LOL, i did email them yesterday, but thats because i needed some event decals. :)

47 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Please do not call yourself fast moving... in or out of a car.  🤣

• Haha 2

oh, I can so beat your up on your cheaty mustang with my cheaty MR2 at Sebring. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I hold a lot more fuel than you do. :)

Gas, you carry more gas then snake:ph34r:

• Haha 1