8 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

Have watched a fair bit of this video.  Is it me, or are there WAY LESS rolling chicanes in this race?  At the fall Road America race, there were at least a couple of cars that I lapped every ten laps or so.  It seems like everyone out there is making at least reasonable pace....... 

If you go back and look at times, there were a ton of cars in the 2:40-2:45 range running.  Looked like a really fast and consistent field of cars and drivers.

• Thanks 2

I didn't get to watch the broadcast.  What happened to the T-Bird?  Also, what happened to the 427 (Good bad and ugly)?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

I didn't get to watch the broadcast.  What happened to the T-Bird?  Also, what happened to the 427 (Good bad and ugly)?

TBird blew.   The 427 car was rubbing it's left rear badly about 20 min into the race on Sunday. I followed it around a couple of laps while it was being meatballed.    I'm guessing some type of suspension failure.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

TBird blew.   The 427 car was rubbing it's left rear badly about 20 min into the race on Sunday. I followed it around a couple of laps while it was being meatballed.    I'm guessing some type of suspension failure.    

Tweaked the panhard bar I believe. They thought it was caused by possible contact (I was thinking it was the massive amount of mechanical grip with those huge rear tires lol)

1 hour ago, pintodave said:

They thought it was caused by possible contact (I was thinking it was the massive amount of mechanical grip with those huge rear tires lol)

Viper parts always make you faster 😀

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

Have watched a fair bit of this video.  Is it me, or are there WAY LESS rolling chicanes in this race?  At the fall Road America race, there were at least a couple of cars that I lapped every ten laps or so.  It seems like everyone out there is making at least reasonable pace....... 

There were not many and when there were slower than the field cars they did stay out of your way and gave you point bys. There was a lot of respectable driving and it was a lot of fun to share the track with everyone.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

There were not many and when there were slower than the field cars they did stay out of your way and gave you point bys. There was a lot of respectable driving and it was a lot of fun to share the track with everyone.  

Agreed. There were a few slow rollers but they ran very wide on purpose during my stints. Traffic of regular speeds seemed very aware of the fast runners coming through from my perspective. If I'm not mistaken there were only 2 cautions on Saturday so that has allot to do with heads up driving. 

2 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

1 hour ago, JC_CRapshoot said:

Agreed. There were a few slow rollers but they ran very wide on purpose during my stints. Traffic of regular speeds seemed very aware of the fast runners coming through from my perspective. If I'm not mistaken there were only 2 cautions on Saturday so that has allot to do with heads up driving. 

I do my best! Glad to not end my 2018 season in the #234 dirty white neon with a 4th clutch failure. Still had overheating, axle (x3) and then fuel pump issues this past weekend, but it was fun!

heres a restart and getting passed by the entire field in about 7 min. Good parts at 2:25 and 5:10

https://youtu.be/9hilPL0CeuM

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, JC_CRapshoot said:

What an end to a very successful 2018 racing year.  After running with the Inactiv Mazda 626 a couple of times this year I was asked to join Crowd Control Racing and drive their Mustang Cobra.  This event was my first time driving that car.  What a car it is.  This year I have driven a FWD I4 Mazda 626, a FWD V6 Mitsubishi 3000GT, a RWD I6 BMW E36 and now a RWD V8 Mustang Cobra.  Driving this car was so much more intense an activity than the others.  The sheer brutality of it in comparison to those others was a shock to the senses. 

With Saturday's race going caution free in my stint it was certainly a trial by fire, but I was able to continue our car's march at the front and brought the car back into the pit with the overall lead.  Hopping over those bumps in the first and last corners with a solid axle was a new experience.  From there the team worked fuel strategy to perfection and we took home the overall win.  So happy to help the Crowd Control guys get their first overall win.  It's been five years since my previous one and it is great to do so again with a great group of guys. 

Sundays race was an uphill battle starting a lap down on the field making it an all out sprint for us which isn't good for fuel economy.  After a night of letting my brain catch up to speed of the car I was able to improve my performance to what I feel was more respectable to my teammates.  I was handed a car that was in 4th place at the stop and I brought it back in at 4th place.  From there we kept up the pace and brought the car home in 3rd place overall on the same lap as 1st and 2nd. 

Heck of a debut weekend with the team.  Looking forward to what we can accomplish as a team in 2019 as we get better with the car and understanding what it needs to be successful at various tracks and situations.  Massive thank you to @MoparBoyy @Snake @Snorman for the opportunity to drive such a fun car and be on such a fun team.  Cheers!

Cobra Sebring Sunset.jpg

Wait till it rains! 😁

11 minutes ago, rockerbarc said:

Wait till it rains! 😁

Will be fun wrangling this car in the wet. I learned a ton at VIR about driving in the wet in a RWD car. Horsepower on the straights is a huge benefit in those conditions as well. Just need to be intelligent with the throttle out of the corners. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JC_CRapshoot said:

Will be fun wrangling this car in the wet. I learned a ton at VIR about driving in the wet in a RWD car. Horsepower on the straights is a huge benefit in those conditions as well. Just need to be intelligent with the throttle out of the corners. 

Wrangling is a good word for driving in the rain with RWD and some HP under the skinny pedal. 

Throttle control is key for sure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rockerbarc said:

Wait till it rains! 😁

We actually tested the car in the rain at Sebring. One of the days we were there, rain moved in after lunch while we were getting fuel burn data. Rather than bring the car in, I just kept driving. First time into T17 was hairy. I turned the wheel and...nothing, lol. It also rained in September and we were running at a pretty good pace on a wet track. I think only 1 or 2 other cars in the top 10 were faster including KSR. 

S. 

• Like 3