And...........we’re there.  

Every thread, if it goes long enough, eventually talks about engine swaps and beer (but never together).  Although I suspect beer is the root cause of many of the swap postings....   (takes a swig of his beer)

Edited by Racer28173
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

Every thread, if it goes long enough, eventually talks about engine swaps and beer (but never together).  Although I suspect beer is the root cause of many of the swap postings....   (takes a swig if his beer)

Dessert should be next right?

1 hour ago, SonsOfIrony said:

Absolutely.

Can if we limit engine swaps to cars on the VPI list, then heads should be no different.  Performance heads should be a different value.  Just like radiators.

"Like"

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm drinking a Guinness.  Does that count as both?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racer28173 said:

Every thread, if it goes long enough, eventually talks about engine swaps and beer (but never together).  Although I suspect beer is the root cause of many of the swap postings....   (takes a swig of his beer)

Beer is to blame for many things including building my current car, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok. Who has a keggerator in their garage? How's that working for you? 

@Burningham I didn't particularly care for Two-Hearted either. 

I got my fix of key lime pie... speaking of dessert. 

And Sebring is still epic. Moah stories and video, please. 

2 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

No Chump thread is complete without calling another endurance series citrusy and some kinda mention of a mid-engine toyota.

2 hours ago, Burningham said:

I don’t know, I had some Two Hearted ale in my rv that I would have gladly sacrificed for the cause. I don’t know what i was thinking when i bought that swill, tastes like water soaked in dirty socks. 

9 minutes ago, FlorahDorah said:

Hey you 2, them are fightin' words for some folks up here where Two Hearted is brewed.....  (I actually prefer a few other Bell's offerings - Hop Slam, Oberon or White Winter Ale)

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Hey @Snake did I tell ya there's a couple BJ's Restaurants up here in Michigan? One of them is only 10 miles from home. I was just telling some family members over the holidays that we need to go there and try those pizookies. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

Hey you 2, them are fightin' words for some folks up here where Two Hearted is brewed..... 

Yeah, well I hear there are dudes who enjoy driving Miatas too (not that there is anything wrong with that?)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Burningham said:

Yeah, well I hear there are dudes who enjoy driving Miatas too (not that there is anything wrong with that?)

Some of those same dudes that drive and race Miatas also drink Two Hearted I think (but you'd have to ask 1 of our fellow TAC members to be sure)

I should say no comment.  But I'm drinking something from Connecticut called "just tha' tips" (it's a nice New England style pale ale brewed with spruce and juniper) so I think I have to?

I was going to post something about how those dang Lexus drivers have the whole boring vanilla Toyota thing going on with Busch light being their "beer" of choice (or that Yuenglineg swill) and wouldn't know a good beer if it was gently balanced on a hood ornament on a Mazda.   But while Miata is always the answer, delicious DIPAs are not for everyone.  Kudos for trying it.  I enjoy a wide range of beers and like that others do to.  I especially like when others don't like what I favor; more for me!

Cheers!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, TBone said:

Eh, I can see how he'd be perturbed the way he says it went down. "Hey, a lot of teams are grumbling that you have an unclaimed locking diff in the car. Care to talk about it?" is a lot different than being approached with "How's that locking diff?" Especially post race, with everything else going on, and the emotions from the finish.

Our entire budget allocated for sensitivity training was spent on @Bill Strong this year. There was no money left over to send any of the other ChampCar staff through the program. Frankly, with the results we see from @Bill Strong it was a complete waste of time and resources. We are currently evaluating other programs. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

6 hours ago, mcoppola said:

Hey @Snake did I tell ya there's a couple BJ's Restaurants up here in Michigan? One of them is only 10 miles from home. I was just telling some family members over the holidays that we need to go there and try those pizookies. 

You still haven't gone yet?  You're missing out.   Brewery with amazing dessert.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Burningham said:

I don’t know, I had some Two Hearted ale in my rv that I would have gladly sacrificed for the cause. I don’t know what i was thinking when i bought that swill, tastes like water soaked in dirty socks. 

:o don’t tell me you’re like @Doc and only drink that high class PBR crap...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, chip said:

Nobody is "like" Doc. Count your blessings...

PBR: What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it's 4:25am on the other coast and we are 5 minutes from home. Thanks for the entertainment.  You guys are the best. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chip said:

Two more ounces per can for the win. 

I watched my stint from Sunday. Wow that was a lot of fun and great racing! Some of the best racing I've experienced in my time in ChampCar. Hopefully I can get some video up for you all today. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

I love PBR.. you guys are crazy.

Well... duh to the crazy part. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Ok. Who has a keggerator in their garage? How's that working for you? 

And Sebring is still epic. Moah stories and video, please. 

Around Halloween we had this on tap in the garage.

Beer_zpscuojxqwg.jpg

Now we are drinking this. 

More%20Beer_zpsxt4iwhik.jpg

• Like 4

^^^That. Is. Awesome. 

How much work do you get done?

Do you have a cot in the garage or is it attached to the house so you can stumble walk home?

How many good ideas were inspired by beer?

For the record: We get inspired by beer quite regularly. Sometimes even for ideas for the race car. No judgment. 

I'm 2.5 years into my build and it just became a roller.  😥  I've had a lot of good ideas inspired by beer!  I have a very large collection of brewery stickers that I'm thinking of installing on the inside roof of the car, but I'm not sure I want all the weight that high up.  The garage is attached to the house, so I don't have far to stumble into bed.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hcsi99 said:

I have a very large collection of brewery stickers that I'm thinking of installing on the inside roof of the car, but I'm not sure I want all the weight that high up.

I would place them on the rear seat backing. Assuming it's RWD you want weight over the rear wheels. 

• Haha 1