3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I would place them on the rear seat backing. Assuming it's RWD you want weight over the rear wheels. 

About that rear seat backing.....

Speaker%20shelf%20gone_zpsbtjmhhqf.jpg

15 minutes ago, hcsi99 said:

About that rear seat backing.....

Problematic to say the least....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My first video is in the middle of uploading to YouTube.  This is the first stint on Sunday before the red flag.  I'll have it after the red flag later today. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

My first video is in the middle of uploading to YouTube.  This is the first stint on Sunday before the red flag.  I'll have it after the red flag later today. 

yo- drop those links in here when they upload. I may not be a subscriber to the Tyler Magic Channel yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Here is my stint up until the red flag:  

I see why the shifter broke, your kind of hard on it????

green font!

Looked really busy out there and you were having fun, nice job............. no green font

Here is the 2nd part of my stint.  This is where I have a great battle with Keith from Jack Ickx and the TLM #169 car.  Not to mention some of the orange Tuttle cars.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, JC_CRapshoot said:

What an end to a very successful 2018 racing year.  After running with the Inactiv Mazda 626 a couple of times this year I was asked to join Crowd Control Racing and drive their Mustang Cobra.  This event was my first time driving that car.  What a car it is.  This year I have driven a FWD I4 Mazda 626, a FWD V6 Mitsubishi 3000GT, a RWD I6 BMW E36 and now a RWD V8 Mustang Cobra.  Driving this car was so much more intense an activity than the others.  The sheer brutality of it in comparison to those others was a shock to the senses. 

With Saturday's race going caution free in my stint it was certainly a trial by fire, but I was able to continue our car's march at the front and brought the car back into the pit with the overall lead.  Hopping over those bumps in the first and last corners with a solid axle was a new experience.  From there the team worked fuel strategy to perfection and we took home the overall win.  So happy to help the Crowd Control guys get their first overall win.  It's been five years since my previous one and it is great to do so again with a great group of guys. 

Sundays race was an uphill battle starting a lap down on the field making it an all out sprint for us which isn't good for fuel economy.  After a night of letting my brain catch up to speed of the car I was able to improve my performance to what I feel was more respectable to my teammates.  I was handed a car that was in 4th place at the stop and I brought it back in at 4th place.  From there we kept up the pace and brought the car home in 3rd place overall on the same lap as 1st and 2nd. 

Heck of a debut weekend with the team.  Looking forward to what we can accomplish as a team in 2019 as we get better with the car and understanding what it needs to be successful at various tracks and situations.  Massive thank you to @MoparBoyy @Snake @Snorman for the opportunity to drive such a fun car and be on such a fun team.  Cheers!

Cobra Sebring Sunset.jpg

Well there goes  "you need to do 2hr stints to win a ChampCar event and 7hrs no less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

Well there goes  "you need to do 2hr stints to win a ChampCar event and 7hrs no less.

Well in a 7hr ( and any odd number race time) you dont have to make 2 hrs. For example Champ Requires you to make a stop every 2 hrs so over the race time you need to stop at minimum 4 times, at 5 mins a piece thats 15 mins off the total so down to 6:45 or 4 stints of 1:40 each. 

I bet if you plotted Even vs Odd number races, the cars that cant do 2 hrs finish better at odd number races. 

The only other advantage would be if you can make 3 hrs then one of your stops could be no fuel at all and save 2-3 mins. 

But congrats to Crowd Control, Glad to see a Mustang win and They should run more Odd number races like Watkins Glen, Especially since its a power track.

Edited by the5
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, the5 said:

Well in a 7hr ( and any odd number race time) you dont have to make 2 hrs. For example Champ Requires you to make a stop every 2 hrs so over the race time you need to stop at minimum 4 times, at 5 mins a piece thats 20 mins off the total so down to 6:40 or 5 stints of 1:20 each. 

I bet if you plotted Even vs Odd number races, the cars that cant do 2 hrs finish better at odd number races. 

The only other advantage would be if you can make 3 hrs then one of your stops could be no fuel at all and save 2-3 mins. 

But congrats to Crowd Control, Glad to see a Mustang win and They should run more Odd number races like Watkins Glen, Especially since its a power track.

It would be 3 stops and 15 mins off the time making it a 6:45 race but who is really counting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

It would be 3 stops and 15 mins off the time making it a 6:45 race but who is really counting. 

For the record we ran 5 stints and 4 fuel stops each day. 

We'll probably run 2 more fuel stops than the race leaders at Road Atlanta. Hopefully we can make up the difference. 

S. 

3 minutes ago, Snorman said:

We'll probably run 2 more fuel stops than the race leaders at Road Atlanta. Hopefully we can make up the difference. 

S. 

Im sure We will be in a similar boat to you as well at RA. Our AER Mustangs burn around 13-12 gallons an hour. 

2 minutes ago, the5 said:

Im sure We will be in a similar boat to you as well at RA. Our AER Mustangs burn around 13-12 gallons an hour. 

Our fuel burn isn't that high. But we won't be as fast. We'll also have a "D" class sticker on our car. 😉

1 minute ago, Snorman said:

Our fuel burn isn't that high. But we won't be as fast. We'll also have a "D" class sticker on our car. 😉

We will have B, But We wont B getting good Fuel milage haha 

1 minute ago, the5 said:

We will have B, But We wont B getting good Fuel milage haha 

Oh, our B-class car will easily run 2 hours. It should do pretty well at this race as we've got some really solid renters. 

S. 

8 hours ago, Snorman said:

S. 

I was stating the minimum stops in the race is 3 for a 7 hour if you plan correctly. If you are fast and need an extra stop that is explainable.  For Sunday we only did 3 stops and were in the top 3 on the lead lap.  We also only ran a fast lap of 2:40.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Snorman said:

Oh, our B-class car will easily run 2 hours. It should do pretty well at this race as we've got some really solid renters. 

S. 

I bet we can make some pretty good production in that B class car over a couple hours. Ready to find out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bendawson3 said:

I bet we can make some pretty good production in that B class car over a couple hours. Ready to find out

You guys are gonna get a special treat, i'm actually a little jelly. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I was stating the minimum stops in the race is 3 for a 7 hour if you plan correctly. If you are fast and need an extra stop that is explainable.  For Sunday we only did 3 stops and were in the top 3 on the lead lap.  We also only ran a fast lap of 2:40.  

we had hoped for a 3 stop race, but Sundays pace was too fast trying to make up for being down a lap.  

On 1/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, Team Infiniti said:

Wish it were easier to coordinate, we could combine yours mine and the 935

On 1/3/2019 at 8:14 AM, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I watched my stint from Sunday. Wow that was a lot of fun and great racing! Some of the best racing I've experienced in my time in ChampCar. Hopefully I can get some video up for you all today. 

• Like 4

Oh boy!  I want to know more about this camera!

Look backwards

@ 3:40 I was wondering what happened to the Miata

@5:57 lil pinch by a red fox

@ 7:57 pm, now, off to dinner

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Oh boy!  I want to know more about this camera!

Look backwards

@ 3:40 I was wondering what happened to the Miata

@5:57 lil pinch by a red fox

@ 7:57 pm, now, off to dinner

When these first came out, it was my thought to let the technology "mature" just a bit, then buy one when you could live stream with them. Dunno if you can yet or not, but man I love those 360° cameras!!!

Edit: that is some great racing, I literally just watched the rear view of the camera up until the 13-1/2 mark when it started going all wonkie (corrects itself 26-1/2)

Edited by pintodave

On 1/3/2019 at 7:49 PM, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Here is the 2nd part of my stint.  This is where I have a great battle with Keith from Jack Ickx and the TLM #169 car.  Not to mention some of the orange Tuttle cars.

Have watched a fair bit of this video.  Is it me, or are there WAY LESS rolling chicanes in this race?  At the fall Road America race, there were at least a couple of cars that I lapped every ten laps or so.  It seems like everyone out there is making at least reasonable pace.......