3 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

Naw I'm 14yrs younger  than you besides age is just a number,    Let me know when your looking for another driver for Florida races.

Haahaahaaa, right on.

I certainly will but this team is a beautiful four way that gels very well as evidenced by our results the last two years. It's all of us or none of us.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Huggy said:

@Racer7x  How was your race dude?

Could have been better, could have been worse...

Helped a buddy out in his e36 when one of his drivers bailed last minute last week...my buddy and I new build will be at daytona

Car drove on the trailer but wouldn't start when unloaded...thanks to gorillasticker.com and a new crank position sensor she fired back up at 11pm 

Car overheated 15-20 laps of every stint and also broke a throttle cable during the day on saturday...was able to put in a 2:40 when there was some clear track and no local yellows flying...we dropped #5 cylinder after the 1st stint sunday and think it burnt a valve?

MoparBoyy and I saw each other in passing and we were able to hug it out and i told him i hope they can keep their car in 1st place saturday and pull off a win, which they did, so the east coast/West coast beef has ended without any car parts being damaged☺️

Edited by Racer7x
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

MoparBoyy and I saw each other in passing and we were able to hug it out and i told them i hope the can keep their car in 1st place saturday and pull off a win, which they did, so the eastcoast/Westcoast beef has ended without any car parts being damaged☺️

I thought it was crips and bloods? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, camberangle said:

I left pit lane to spectate for a bit around 11:30 AM on Sunday at turn 17. I saw the cardboard miata do a full send into turn 17 and thought there is no way that car is making the corner, and sure enough, it spun right under the bridge and narrowly missed getting hit by the pack of cars behind.

Yeah, that was me. We were nearly 4 abreast headed in with myself one car width off the wall and ahead of the other 3 and I didn’t want to over brake or turn in on the guy inside and tried to brake late but it ended up being a trail brake upsetting the car. 

Crank Yankers Racing came down from the north with misfit driver lineup. Only one of us drove the track before so the goals were a Top 10 on Saturday and a podium on Sunday. 

Saturday we didn't use the caution at the hour mark in and we tried to go 2 hours. The car sputtered across the start/finish line and it took us a while to get in to the pits. Our gamble didn't pay off. Our 2nd driver cooked it a little too hot in the short section before the back straight away and met the tire wall. We had to fix the splitter. Ended the day in 10th place. Goal 1 accomplished.

Sunday we start 10 places back from DFL. With the red flag we were able to go 2 hours and I brought us up to 9th place. Had a lot of fun driving the first stint with the Jacky car and Ed's Infinity. The next two pit stops we caught cautions and we were sitting in podium contention. Then the component that connects the shfiter rod from the transmission broke off. We were done for the race. 

Also I did file a protest on the winning BMW car. After discussion with Tech they were questioning the diff but couldn't do anything without a protest. We did get the impound teams together and let them know what was going on and what was questioned. They all believe that if they have a LSD diff and it was not claimed they should be DQ'd. No one wanted to file the protest so since I am a team captain for our car at the race I filed one. I inspected the diff and I was fine with what I found and asked tech their comments on it. They were fine with it. Congrats to them as they won with a legal car. 

I am a Board Member and part of the TAC. We are a self policing series. Feel free to comment. 

We had an awesome time at Sebring. @Burningham were great pit mates. @Philippe also let me store my trailer on his property before the event, so thanks for  that as well! Event ran flawlessly by the Champ staff. Thanks to the volunteers as well. See you all at Road Atlanta. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

See you all at Road Atlanta. 

Nice meeting you this weekend. See you guys at Road Atlanta. 

S. 

10 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Crank Yankers Racing came down from the north with misfit driver lineup.

Great to finally meet!

with the Jacky car and Ed's Infinity.

You just got a couple thousand laps of free knowledge on "how to blast around Sebring having fun with Champs";)

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Also I did file a protest on the winning BMW car. After discussion with Tech they were questioning the diff but couldn't do anything without a protest. We did get the impound teams together and let them know what was going on and what was questioned. They all believe that if they have a LSD diff and it was not claimed they should be DQ'd. No one wanted to file the protest so since I am a team captain for our car at the race I filed one. I inspected the diff and I was fine with what I found and asked tech their comments on it. They were fine with it. Congrats to them as they won with a legal car. 

I am a Board Member and part of the TAC. We are a self policing series. Feel free to comment.  

What lead you to believe it had an LSD?  What were platform/model BMW?  Winter package?

What did you find on inspection?  Open?  Or welded?

Edited by SonsOfIrony

A non-claimed part is worthy of a DQ?  I'm curious if that is what the precedent is. 

Let's take for example a 400 point car that is then found to have a diff that is non-stock.  Current points for a non-stock diff is 25 (I think).  So why would this car not become a 425 point car and life goes on.  If the car was already at 500 points, it goes to 525 and gets the requisite number of laps added.  If the item could have been claimed and appropriate points and/or laps added, how does that change the outcome of the race?  Seems that the car is going to run as it ran, the question is if it should have had laps added to it.

Cripe, I ran a race with the VPI off by 100 points once.  Wrote it down wrong on the sheet, tech looked at it, said "yeah, I think that's right".  It seemed funny that we could be that far below 500 so I checked it later and saw what I'd done.  The car was still only about 475 with the right VPI so I never considered it to be a problem.

Man how boring is that? 🙄 We were convinced that as soon as you saw him you would flip the gloves and start throwing! 😖😎

2 hours ago, Racer7x said:

MoparBoyy and I saw each other in passing and we were able to hug it out and i told them i hope they can keep their car in 1st place saturday and pull off a win, which they did, so the east coast/West coast beef has ended without any car parts being damaged☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cam Benty said:

Man how boring is that? 🙄 We were convinced that as soon as you saw him you would flip the gloves and start throwing! 😖😎

All's fair in love and war, and I haven't won a fight since 2nd grade😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Sitting in the car, going back to SoCal. Have to keep it short. 

Sebring. Is. Epic. And first time racing with 70+ cars. 

Saturday was a test and tune day for us. Tires were shot, brakes were awesome. Changed the tires and scrubbed them in. Then went to the paddock and changed the brake pads, bled the brakes, pedal now way too soft. Ugh. We worked on them a bit and they were better, but not as good as they were. 

In any case, we had a great day on Sunday - up to 20th - but then we went to metal on one of the brake pads on the right front and that ended our day 20 minutes from the checker. Ended up in 28th I think. 

More later....

12 minutes ago, MMiskoe said:

A non-claimed part is worthy of a DQ?  I'm curious if that is what the precedent is. 

Let's take for example a 400 point car that is then found to have a diff that is non-stock.  Current points for a non-stock diff is 25 (I think).  So why would this car not become a 425 point car and life goes on.  If the car was already at 500 points, it goes to 525 and gets the requisite number of laps added.  If the item could have been claimed and appropriate points and/or laps added, how does that change the outcome of the race?  Seems that the car is going to run as it ran, the question is if it should have had laps added to it.

Cripe, I ran a race with the VPI off by 100 points once.  Wrote it down wrong on the sheet, tech looked at it, said "yeah, I think that's right".  It seemed funny that we could be that far below 500 so I checked it later and saw what I'd done.  The car was still only about 475 with the right VPI so I never considered it to be a problem.

Yeah, the precedent is AMP circa 2017 chumpionship race, in which that SAME car, owned by a different person, was fully disqualified for a sway bar which was left off the tech sheet.

Said sway bar is still on the car to my knowledge, so 475+20 = 495.  Yet, the car was fully DQ'ed from a podium position as a result.

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/4672031

IT was, and still is, a bull cookies call by the then tech-director

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MMiskoe said:

If the procedure was "just add in points as they are found in impound", then there would be an incentive to claim nothing. If your VPI is 400, and you have 6 items added which add 25 points each. Then you claim none, and hope that at most 4 of them are found. There needs to be (and there is) a heavy penalty for having unclaimed items on your car.

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

When I was smart and young I got into boxing. After having my face rearranged and more lumps administered to my fat head I came to the conclusion I was lacking talent in the pugilistic sport. 

You would think our fellow Competitors in this series would also come to this conclusion if their team does not win. Some races you get a leather rhinoplasty. 

10 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

All's fair in love and war, and I haven't won a fight since 2nd grade😀

Draw and quarter the ruffians I say. It’s Treason! Blasphemy! Sidition! 

Mid evil methods are effective. Or would you rather gut shoot them after Tech? 

10 minutes ago, enginerd said:

If the procedure was "just add in points as they are found", then there would be an incentive to claim nothing. If your VPI is 400, and you have 6 items added which add 25 points each. Then you claim none, and hope that at most 4 of them are found. There needs to be a heavy penalty for having unclaimed items on your car.

31 minutes ago, MMiskoe said:

Don't cheat and this rule will not effect you.

@enginerd hit the nail on the head.  Without a consequence for failing to disclose parts, then there is no incentive to do so.  That being said.  If a 400 point car forgets to mark a 25 point item, there should be a bit of leeway, but if the car is anywhere near 500 points, a missed item should absolutely be a DQ.  We all need to follow the same rules, and fill out the same paperwork, it's just as much part of racing as the actual on track experiance.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cam Benty said:

When I was smart and young I got into boxing. After having my face rearranged and more lumps administered to my fat head I came to the conclusion I was lacking talent in the pugilistic sport. 

You would think our fellow Competitors in this series would also come to this conclusion if their team does not win. Some races you get a leather rhinoplasty. 

you needed a better trainer😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SonsOfIrony said:

@enginerd hit the nail on the head.  Without a consequence for failing to disclose parts, then there is no incentive to do so.  That being said.  If a 400 point car forgets to mark a 25 point item, there should be a bit of leeway, but if the car is anywhere near 500 points, a missed item should absolutely be a DQ.  We all need to follow the same rules, and fill out the same paperwork, it's just as much part of racing as the actual on track experiance.  

Why would the overall point value of the car matter?  The situation @enginerd pointed out applies either way.

The reason it was bull cookies is that the team in question openly went to chump before it was brought up by a competitor or protested and admitted they forgot to update the sheet.  Instead of leniency, the book was thrown at them.    

Just be prepared and keep those tech sheets accurate and it won't be an issue.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mazmarc said:

Haahaahaaa, right on.

I certainly will but this team is a beautiful four way that gels very well as evidenced by our results the last two years. It's all of us or none of us.

I'm envious of your team Marc.  I'm still searching for that team.

• Thanks 1

@E. Tyler Pedersen   I’m glad you protested.   I’m equally glad the team was agreeable about it.  And I’m thrilled that they were legal. 

The sum of all of it is that we now have increased confidence in the protest process and people will be more likely to think twice as a result.  And we have avoided endless forum chatter about the winning car being cheated up.  

Congrats to the DamSon team on the win!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

@E. Tyler Pedersen   I’m glad you protested.   I’m equally glad the team was agreeable about it.  And I’m thrilled that they were legal. 

The sum of all of it is that we now have increased confidence in the protest process and people will be more likely to think twice as a result.  And we have avoided endless forum chatter about the winning car being cheated up.  

Congrats to the DamSon team on the win!

This conversation happened as it was going down.

The end result is a positive for everyone.

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 2

What!!!! Did anybody get a beat down? Nobody got shot at dawn? Man what is this series coming to. Oil up the Guillotine.  We need to send a message!!!! 

We need automatic protests tests for every winner. We need Monicals on our techs for intimidation. 🧐🤓

1 hour ago, SonsOfIrony said:

3 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

What lead you to believe it had an LSD?  What were platform/model BMW?  Winter package?

What did you find on inspection?  Open?  Or welded?

On track performance in the corners and people were questioning the open diff. The BMW came with open diffs. They had a stacked shimmed diff. 

4 hours ago, Snorman said:

Nice meeting you this weekend. See you guys at Road Atlanta. 

S. 

It was good to meet you as well! Too bad it was at the end of the weekend. 

4 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Great to finally meet!

You just got a couple thousand laps of free knowledge on "how to blast around Sebring having fun with Champs";)

Finally got to meet the legendary Ed! Chasing you and Keith down was a freaking blast. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1