MoparBoyy

What happened to your ChampCar today? - 2019

Got our new headers yesterday. I have NO idea how anybody can make money selling them and shipping for $178. They look as good as the pix and are true 1 3/4"  almost too nice for the car. 

headers.jpg.e5c3208c14fddc20021cb21c30443665.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

Is that for a midget team?

Nah, we just put the cage in before chopping the top on that 510 Datsun.  ^_^

Edited by mcoppola
  • Haha 2

huh, I got a laugh 2nd time around on that one.... from the same guy even.... 

(note: I posted that pic last winter with a similar comment... but hey I couldn't resist @TiredBirds bait.)

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2019 at 10:07 PM, karman1970 said:

Type 4, wasserboxer, Subaru?  Can’t stay with a Type 1 if you’re building special just for Indy :)

Those options cost Far too much for my bank account.

after being smashed into during the test day at road atlanta by a team that seems to do it very often.  i now have a lot of body work to do.. 😒

IMG_20190212_175523.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MoparBoyy said:

after being smashed into during the test day at road atlanta by a team that seems to do it very often.  i now have a lot of body work to do.. 😒

IMG_20190212_175523.jpg

I'm confused - didn't that contact happen in T5 (which is a left hander if I have it right).  How on earth did they hit you in the front right?

Edited by Racer28173

6 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

I'm confused - didn't that contact happen in T5 (which is a right hander if I have it right).  How on earth did they hit you in the front right?

its called dive bombing.  The driver came over and showed me the video from his car and admitted it was his fault.

13 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

its called dive bombing.  The driver came over and showed me the video from his car and admitted it was his fault.

Still confused. Would have thought he would have hit the other side.  Was it the left hander?  I wasn’t questioning blame.

(realized I said right when I meant left in the original post.  T5 is a left hander) 

Edited by Racer28173
Dyslexia

11 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

Still confused. Would have thought he would have hit the other side.  Was it the left hander?  I wasn’t questioning blame.

(realized I said right when I meant left in the original post.  T5 is a left hander) 

it was actually the last right 'S' in the esses before T5.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

it was actually the last right 'S' in the esses before T5.  

Thats actually one of the best passing zones on the track

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Not on practice day.  At least the series parked them for the rest of the day after the incident.  

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Off topic but if you watch the video of the 1:01 lap that section is a flat out straight for the F2003…..

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Not on practice day.  At least the series parked them for the rest of the day after the incident.  

He used green font.  He was kidding!

That is an awful place to pass anything other than a clearly disabled car.   

Edited by Racer28173
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Huggy said:

1 hour ago, Racer28173 said:

He used green font.  He was kidding!

That is an awful place to pass anything other than a clearly disabled car.   

The irony of the green front was lost on me. I watched some of Huggy's in car video and it looked like that car could carve a line through traffic at warp speed - with ease too!

Awesome car and driving to go with it.

• Like 1

Just now, karman1970 said:

Is that a Mini Baja car on your shelf?

Good eyes, it is. It's the one I built my senior year. And you say shelf but it's just 4 ratchet straps to the rafters haha

• Like 1

Just now, IPF Racing said:

Good eyes, it is. It's the one I built my senior year. And you say shelf but it's just 4 ratchet straps to the rafters haha

Nice!  Was it just a Senior Design project at your school?  We built 4 plus a couple of test mules in my 5+ years.  I attribute Baja to my extended stay plus rather poor grades.  But man was it fun!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, karman1970 said:

Nice!  Was it just a Senior Design project at your school?  We built 4 plus a couple of test mules in my 5+ years.  I attribute Baja to my extended stay plus rather poor grades.  But man was it fun!

I did it all 4 years and mostly as a 1 man team so 1 car by hand every year. That's the only reason I was comfortable building the roll cage in the Supra. Baja was a blast though! This car is gonna get a cbr600 at some point and slicks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IPF Racing said:

I did it all 4 years and mostly as a 1 man team so 1 car by hand every year. That's the only reason I was comfortable building the roll cage in the Supra. Baja was a blast though! This car is gonna get a cbr600 at some point and slicks. 

Wow! That is impressive!  We were only 3 or 4 most years, but 1?!  We sold our first car to a guy who was going to drop a Buick V6 in it - I’m not sure if he is still alive or not, lol.  Tell you one thing, though, I wish we had ChampCar tech inspection and rules enforcement instead of the SAE...

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, karman1970 said:

Wow! That is impressive!  We were only 3 or 4 most years, but 1?!  We sold our first car to a guy who was going to drop a Buick V6 in it - I’m not sure if he is still alive or not, lol.  Tell you one thing, though, I wish we had ChampCar tech inspection and rules enforcement instead of the SAE...

Yeah I couldn't ever get anyone to stick around! Wow that sounds wild! SAE tech was brutal so I'm with ya on that 

On 2/7/2019 at 2:41 PM, TiredBirds said:

Got our new headers yesterday. I have NO idea how anybody can make money selling them and shipping for $178. They look as good as the pix and are true 1 3/4"  almost too nice for the car. 

Try to install them, then tell us :)

• Like 1