MoparBoyy

What happened to your ChampCar today? - 2019

13 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Trying to be at Bill Strong's sound level 

20190409_225647.jpg

I don't really think that's going to be loud enough to drown out Bill's voice but it's worth a try. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Installed other front rotor, changed oil, change the alternator, fired it up to find it boggy and lean, Either there is crap on the airflow meter or the  high-pressure pump kicked the bucket about the same time alternator did sitting stationary post Seabring December. 

17 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Did some testing at Gingerman 

20190413_100939.jpg

Had a great time hanging out at Gingerman and shaking down our new build!

IMG_20190413_155658_890.jpg

• Like 3

Got a ton of work done this weekend... tried to start the engine for the first time since unloading the trailer in October, fired immediately and idles great. Loading for Road America on Wednesday, more work to do, cutting it close!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IPF Racing said:

Had a great time hanging out at Gingerman and shaking down our new build!

Any pics from Sunday??  🤣 #winteriscoming

2 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

Any pics from Sunday??  🤣 #winteriscoming

Haha #winterisalreadyhere Just one crappy video of some 30mph sideways action coming out of 11. We did two 10 minute stints and called it. 

Solid pass you made on your way home  down 94 btw 😂

Gotta get those passes when I can.  :D   Pretty sure my lb/hp ratio on the tow rig is about half of what yours is, or about the exact opposite of the on-track ratio situation (acceleration on your car is bonkers! at least once you got straight.  My only hope was cornering speed with the far better/newer tires)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

Gotta get those passes when I can.  :D   Pretty sure my lb/hp ratio on the tow rig is about half of what yours is, or about the exact opposite of the on-track ratio situation (acceleration on your car is bonkers! at least once you got straight.  My only hope was cornering speed with the far better/newer tires)

Yeah the tow setup needs a bit of help..... Just wait till we throw the new tires on and we'll have some real fun in the corners! Watching you and @E. Tyler Pedersen play around on track looked like a blast!

On 4/15/2019 at 8:10 AM, IPF Racing said:

Hey, looks good. I was thinking of mounting a wing in the same way on my rx7.  Is that the Nine Lives Racing wing?  Also, how did you make your uprights?  Just bend a peice of aluminum?  It looks pretty thick... maybe not such a simple DIY job?

7 minutes ago, Alex3000 said:

Hey, looks good. I was thinking of mounting a wing in the same way on my rx7.  Is that the Nine Lives Racing wing?  Also, how did you make your uprights?  Just bend a peice of aluminum?  It looks pretty thick... maybe not such a simple DIY job?

Thanks! It is the Nine Lives Racing wing that I shortened up a few inches from last year to better fit the body. I made them thicker than they need to be so I didnt need any diagonal supports but it is bent aluminum. It could be a diy, but i 3D scanned the back of the car, created a 3D model, had them water jet and bent while I still worked at Pratt and Miller. Definitely overkill but it works, I still had to modify it after but you get the idea. 

@Team Infiniti

You ready to part with some fuel displacement balls yet?  My 318is has a 63L tank and I don't want to move to EC!

Our car is finally on the ground again after getting new suspension/bushing/bearings/brakes, next step is the dropping fuel capacity to avoid EC and get the stickers and radio installed.

38 minutes ago, IPF Racing said:

It could be a diy, but i 3D scanned the back of the car, created a 3D model, had them water jet and bent while I still worked at Pratt and Miller. Definitely overkill but it works, I still had to modify it after but you get the idea. 

Gotcha. I would be using a measuring tape, cardboard template, an angle grinder and a 4 lb sledge.  I'm sure my results would look just as good<sarcasm> 

31 minutes ago, Originalsterm said:

You ready to part with some fuel displacement balls yet? 

Getting there, so far I have found a bunch of baseball size ones, going to be @ Charlotte?

19 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Getting there, so far I have found a bunch of baseball size ones, going to be @ Charlotte?

First race will be the Glen in May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex3000 said:

Gotcha. I would be using a measuring tape, cardboard template, an angle grinder and a 4 lb sledge.  I'm sure my results would look just as good<sarcasm> 

Haha honestly it could be easily done by hand and look well. Might need a bigger sledge though.....

Got the brakes working well.  Now to install lights, seal up driver compartment, fix tach, and nut and bolt.

I think I'll clean the garage first so I can just pack up when I'm done.

On 4/14/2019 at 1:49 PM, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Did some testing at Gingerman 

20190413_100939.jpg

Yum yum. Is that the stock bumber?

Can't decide if I should keep stock bumper (heavy) or not. Keeping the bumper makes me safe against Miatas but it's 37 lbs...

7 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

Yum yum. Is that the stock bumber?

Can't decide if I should keep stock bumper (heavy) or not. Keeping the bumper makes me safe against Miatas but it's 37 lbs...

Yup I kept the stock bumper. I like to protect my radiator and fuel cell. Not worth the weight savings imo