MoparBoyy

What happened to your ChampCar today? - 2019

4 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Yup I kept the stock bumper. I like to protect my radiator and fuel cell. Not worth the weight savings imo

I feel so too. I will replace my teams beer with redneck low calorie beer and the mandatory race weekend chicken wing victory dinner with a visit to the salad bar.

5 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

I want to see what you finally came up with, does your car still look like photograph under your name?

If your talking to me, mostly.  It now has a big wing from wingman and crappy box flares.

Will you be at Charlotte?  I will.

5 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Yup I kept the stock bumper. I like to protect my radiator and fuel cell. Not worth the weight savings imo

Holy crap!  Is that weight just the front or both bumpers?

Get a piece of aluminum or steel box and weld it on there.  Gotta save at least half that weight!

6 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Holy crap!  Is that weight just the front or both bumpers?

Get a piece of aluminum or steel box and weld it on there.  Gotta save at least half that weight!

I have never weighed it. I'm fine with how the car performs. If we need to loose weight in the future this could be a good idea. 

2 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I have never weighed it. I'm fine with how the car performs. If we need to loose weight in the future this could be a good idea. 

34.5 lbs according to the internet (so it must be true). 2.5 lbs lighter than the Datsun one (that is why BMW is better than datsun)

13 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

If your talking to me, mostly.  It now has a big wing from wingman and crappy box flares.

Will you be at Charlotte?  I will.

Charlotte, want to see your brakes.

• Like 1

What a difference a ground makes. Replaced our shitty, half-broken and undersized chassis-to-battery ground with a nice piece of 2 ga. cable. Cleaned and wire brushed the other grounds as well. Car instantly runs better; hopefully this fixes our phantom stubble/misfire/car dying issue. 

Got Some good Testing in the S2000 while at the AER Event at Watkins Glen (And Its Fast!). 

Also won the event Overall on Sunday with the mustangs! and 2nd overall with Points for the weekend

IMG_7251.JPG

Edited by the5

2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Brakes buttoned up and bled, tires on car, still need to find out why it’s Boggie 

Probably fine..  you're just use to driving American v8s all weekend....

• Haha 1

Started final prep for Charlotte last night.  including oil change.    Son of a....

57155650_10161764525320230_4890730743728

Looks like I'm adding 'swap engine' to the to-do list!

I blame @E. Tyler Pedersen - there wasn't enough glitter on his car out at Gingerman to transfer over onto my car, so my car decided to make its own glitter.

• Sad 5

10 minutes ago, NigelStu said:

Started final prep for Charlotte last night.  including oil change.    Son of a....

I blame @E. Tyler Pedersen - there wasn't enough glitter on his car out at Gingerman to transfer over onto my car, so my car decided to make its own glitter.

It didn’t transfer. It just ingested the glitter and replicated.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NigelStu said:

swap engine

That happened to us twice 2 weeks from daytona, popped it apart, found 1 rod bearing ready to spin, hustled in a set of rod bearings and all was well.

1 hour ago, NigelStu said:

Violette is always the scapegoat

We fixed our wiper arm so it wouldn't keep popping off. Drilled and tapped for bolt through the joint.

20190418_213817.jpg

Edited by morganf

11 hours ago, NigelStu said:

I don't see any sign of purple in that glitter?????

Sucks just the same and adds to your work load but you'll get'er done!

Got the passenger floor pan and bulk head area about 90% done. Also got the left quarter lower welded in. Still got a lot of work left to do on the Z. Hopefully it'll be ready for AMP🤞🏻

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

The gold with purple flake looked good when new!  It just flaked off and went everywhere!..  ...including your underwear.  That last part is unfortunately true.

• Haha 1

Fuel pressure tests @ 40psi deadheaded, got to love factory infiniti parts, even in failure mode they will finish a race:wub:

(normal deadhead is 80-90)

Edited by Team Infiniti

Thursday night, engine out.   Friday morning - late start due to needing to move stuff around for the roofers (new roof going on Monday), discovered a brake had seized on my trailer - like completely, no spinning, adjuster not working, no releasing.  chunk of time and destruction ensued to get it apart.  Friday afternoon, swapped necessary parts and dropped engine back in.  Hopefully today I can get the live broadcast working in the garage while I finish up the swap, put front end back together and get to the prep for next weekend.  

• Like 3