MoparBoyy

What happened to your ChampCar today? - 2019

I am sure we could find one of us to sit in for your 2 hour “break” while you take the infinity for a shake down out on the track. Strictly for research purposes only. 😎😎😉

4 hours ago, Ray Franck said:

Dang it Ed this  workin cra--   sure is getting in the way of my driving some bad azz cars and winning some epic races ..

6 hours ago, pintodave said:

Call in sick for one of the Indy days, we won't rat you out. Just keep your helmet on all day like the Stig.

Humm I migh ---   Na it will neva work my speed , smoothness ,and classic leave them in the dust traffic management skills  will give me away and Mike will surely find out . 

• Like 1

Today:

Drove it to work

New hood pin plates

Air filter scoop cleaned up and installed

RF brake backing plate repaired/installed

RF brake cooler scoop rebuilt

New RF duct work installed

Tidied up LF brake scoop

As  precaution, swapped out RF hub bearing

Ordered pads for Indy

Wednesday:

RR brake cooler scoop

Power steering return line leak

Hopefully replace R exhaust down pipe

Edited by Team Infiniti

Last week: Installed the new Battery Tender LiFePo battery.  Mounted all fuel system parts and made up some new AN fuel lines.  Got the car worthy enough to drive on to the trailer to deliver to someone with better fab skills/tools than I have.  New front [removable] core support installed.  Old one was mangled from a front collision and beat back in place with a 10lb sledge, so we cut it out to allow the engine/trans to be removed/installed easier.  New one can be unbolted.  Windshield removed and front cage-strut bars being welded in.  Fuel cell bulkhead box and new rear taillight panel also being fabbed up.

On the driver comfort/cosmetic side, the new gauge pod is coming together nicely (staying analog for now).  Adding dummy lights for OP, WP, WT and fuel.  Starting to work on a new switch panel as well.  Both are the only two things left from the old citrus version of the car (and looked like it). 

2-day track day/shake down at VIR planned for the end of the month.  Fingers crossed we can have it ready.

• Like 1

Got a random phone call from Jay today. He stumbled across my build and was wary about our rear crash structure situation with our fuel cell. I sent him some pictures and he talked with Chisek and got back to me within the hour with a direction to add a rear bumper. Long story short, a real shout out to @National Tech for reaching out before we got down to NCM this weekend! Rear bumper has been added and Jay said he'd come up with some ideas to make it better after NCM and asked me to pass along that no one should hesitate to call them with questions, seriously guys I'm incredibly thankful for their help!

IMG_20190611_191725_070.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, IPF Racing said:

Got a random phone call from Jay today. He stumbled across my build and was wary about our rear crash structure situation with our fuel cell. I sent him some pictures and he talked with Chisek and got back to me within the hour with a direction to add a rear bumper. Long story short, a real shout out to @National Tech for reaching out before we got down to NCM this weekend! Rear bumper has been added and Jay said he'd come up with some ideas to make it better after NCM and asked me to pass along that no one should hesitate to call them with questions, seriously guys I'm incredibly thankful for their help!

IMG_20190611_191725_070.jpg

Looks very similar to ours, the only thing I might have done different is space it out a bit more from the cell so if an impact happens it has some room to move before making contact with the cell itself. 

Also, good on Jay for stepping in and getting in touch with you.  That is the type of thing that makes this series great.

6 minutes ago, hotchkis23 said:

Looks very similar to ours, the only thing I might have done different is space it out a bit more from the cell so if an impact happens it has some room to move before making contact with the cell itself. 

Also, good on Jay for stepping in and getting in touch with you.  That is the type of thing that makes this series great.

We talked about it and may change it after NCM but decided to recreate the factory crash structure for now. It really is what sets this series apart though!

1 minute ago, IPF Racing said:

We talked about it and may change it after NCM but decided to recreate the factory crash structure for now. It really is what sets this series apart though!

We will be down later Thursday afternoon, swing by the trailer and I'll show you on our cars what I mean too.  Love the build btw.

Yesterday:

P/S leak found/fixed

RR brake scoop reinstalled

Reset toe front and rear

Bumpers touched up

Tow truck Today:

Water pump

Compressor

Investigate possible bad flywheel

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 2

Taillight panel mocked up.  Should be coming back to me today so we can install the new taillights, mount filler cap and finish plumbing/wiring the fuel system. 

EE2BBE76-7726-4D01-BF5C-3E6A52B41B97.jpeg

Edited by Bremsen
  • Like 2

Today:

Fix RR brake duct rub

Pulled spare wiper motor, tested car circuit , all worked normally, before changing, plugged old one back, works fine :rolleyes:

Added wiper motor to track spares, will probably add master cut switch to wiper circuit

Edit:

Attempted to leave, wiper back on, but not for what one would have expected. Wires now temporarily disconnected.

Drove it home

Video to explain tonight, because stupid racecar.

Tow truck:

Replaced

Water pump

Compressor/Drier

Car running, wipers turned off

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 1