hotchkis23

Swap Calculator is Live!

1 minute ago, Jer said:

There's a misunderstanding on what the Board decided to do.  Doc is going back to see exactly what was agreed to.  Mike did what he thought the Board said, and I don't remember it that way.  There's no malicious intent here, and no secret deals done.  What I reported is what I thought we had agreed to on the 944.  So once it's settled, I will report back.  

Mike, people are human.  We make mistakes.  It could be my mistake.  Or it could be Mike's mistake.  It happens.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I may have made a mistake too as I was going eeny meany miney moe between clicking on the Like, or Thanks icon.

The button must have stopped somewhere in the middle one, and it came out Confused... LOL

Thanks for all your efforts Jer.

edit: At least it didn't end up on the Sad one....

Edited by mcoppola

2 minutes ago, Jer said:

Mike, people are human.  We make mistakes.  It could be my mistake.  Or it could be Mike's mistake.  It happens.  

Thanks Jer, appreciate the honest communication you do a great job at keeping us all informed. 

Any chance the actual board decisions and discussion can be made public?  Only asking as it is nice to know the reasons and how board members feel towards certain issues, as you guys are the ones we have elected to keep the series going in the right direction and it helps come re-election time.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, hotchkis23 said:

Thanks Jer, appreciate the honest communication you do a great job at keeping us all informed. 

Any chance the actual board decisions and discussion can be made public?  Only asking as it is nice to know the reasons and how board members feel towards certain issues, as you guys are the ones we have elected to keep the series going in the right direction and it helps come re-election time.

The meeting minutes used to be posted, but they are a few months behind.

Yes they will be posted in a summary format, in other words not every sentence uttered will be posted, but who felt how should be.  Doc is behind, trying to get his car ready for RA next weekend.  I don't know how much detail Doc will post.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Huggy said:

We don't know your name, what car you drive, where your from, what beer you drink, etc.  All things the rest of us share.

1) southern born and raised

2) going through a midlife crisis because I think I'm 20yrs younger than I am

3) two race cars in the garage, wife loves that

4) seven chump/champ races over the last 16 months...VIR (2x), Sebring (2x), Rd Atl, AMP, Daytona

5) taurus that likes long walks on the beach during the summer with the miss's

6) proud of running three full chump/champ stints and never being passed 

7) beer (Yuengling) and pretzels for sure, I'll leave the wine and cheese for the AER crowd

And currently headed to Bubba (the love sponge) Speedway in Ocala for a three night show to help a buddy with his sprint car as I'm writing...

ps. and I'm half the builder/fabricator most of you guys are

Edited by Racer7x
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, National Tech said:

Note the VPI list can be up dated quarterly

The VPI list can have new cars added quarterly.   Current established VPI's can NOT change quarterly.   I hope this is what you meant.   Rule 4.2.2 and 4.2.3

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jer said:

Yes they will be posted in a summary format, in other words not every sentence uttered will be posted, but who felt how should be.  Doc is behind, trying to get his car ready for RA next weekend.  I don't know how much detail Doc will post.  

Wait we don't do all this stuff full time Jer?

• Sad 1

Just now, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Wait we don't do all this stuff full time Jer?

Fxt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ronh911 said:

You’re literally talking about 1 team out of 1000 in Champcar now.  I could care less about what they run.  Mustangs have won 3-5X more events in 2018 then any 944.  See you in Atlanta with my non-swapped car, it will be just as fast, if not faster, then my last car.  Feel free to bring your protest form, I’ll bring extras for you in case you forget.

I haven't earned this little from a job since my 5th grade paper route LOL

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, Jer said:

I haven't earned this little from a job since my 5th grade paper route LOL

Did you deliver the issue with the headlines about the Titanic..........Maybe that was @Doc   

I think we should all give this tread a rest...........................ok thats long enough

Carry on

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Huggy said:

The meeting minutes used to be posted, but they are a few months behind.

The problem with posting verbatim meeting minutes are numerous:

Often we are talking about confidential information, like sponsors, track negoitiations, financials, car counts, long range plans.

They occasionally last over an hour which works out to about 10-11 PAGES of single spaced text. It takes hours/days to transcribe them and frankly the dictation program on Word is terrible.

Legally, we are not required to post them, but we have to have them on file to prove we have meeting should the "powers that be"request them. I record them on my GoPro so the whole record of the meeting is there, but again, the dictation, editing, and transcribing takes up a ridiculous amount of time. 

I'm thinking a summary should suffice. Afterall,  at the Annual Meeting everything is discussed and is an open book.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Often we are talking about confidential information, like sponsors, track negoitiations, financials, car counts, long range plans.

They occasionally last over an hour which works out to about 10-11 PAGES of single spaced text. It takes hours/days to transcribe them and frankly the dictation program on Word is terrible.

Legally, we are not required to post them, but we have to have them on file to prove we have meeting should the "powers that be"request them. I record them on my GoPro so the whole record of the meeting is there, but again, the dictation, editing, and transcribing takes up a ridiculous amount of time. 

I'm thinking a summary should suffice. Afterall,  at the Annual Meeting everything is discussed and is an open book.

I don't even read posts longer than 2 paragraphs, I can't imagine going thru something as boring as y'alls last BOD meeting minutes.  But you better get this done or somebody will get wikileaks involved, then you'll be in trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Burningham said:

I don't even read posts longer than 2 paragraphs, I can't imagine going thru something as boring as y'alls last BOD meeting minutes.  But you better get this done or somebody will get wikileaks involved, then you'll be in trouble.

It is easily the most hateful thing I have to do. Keeping race records/results , car counts, etc...is kinda fun actually. Seeing how your friends are doing, new teams. At least I don't have to keep TAC records....THAT would be the last nail in the coffin!!!

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Doc, I am in no way trying to come across as rude when I ask this, however in my professional life my company belongs to a professional membership organization that we pay dues to as affiliated member business.  This group has meetings that discuss those things as well, as it pertains to all the members of the organization, as a result they are required to make the meeting notes available to all dues paying members as part of the organizations by-laws for transparencys sake.  That is what I know in my world, and part of me expected/hoped the same level of transparency was available here.  I appreciate all that the board does as volunteers while trying to maintain their own personal commitments.  Look forward to seeing what you are allowed to actually put out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hotchkis23 said:

Doc, I am in no way trying to come across as rude when I ask this, however in my professional life my company belongs to a professional membership organization that we pay dues to as affiliated member business.  This group has meetings that discuss those things as well, as it pertains to all the members of the organization, as a result they are required to make the meeting notes available to all dues paying members as part of the organizations by-laws for transparencys sake.  That is what I know in my world, and part of me expected/hoped the same level of transparency was available here.  I appreciate all that the board does as volunteers while trying to maintain their own personal commitments.  Look forward to seeing what you are allowed to actually put out.

I am all for transparency and I would suspect we will eventually publish them. As far as the viewpoints that BoD members personally hold, I am still on the fence about those. I think everybody that runs for the BoD is pretty frank on their opinions and in their bios on that thread. We get a lot of feedback at the track from members as it is along with personal messages, texts, phone calls, and email. Perhaps we will make this part of our by-laws as well. Thank you for your opinions and I didn't see this coming off as rude in any fashion. It is certainly a legitimate concern.

I was pretty sure I would get some feedback, (some positive, some negative) when I posted it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JDChristianson said:

So?  

20 minutes ago, SonsOfIrony said:

La?

Ti?

• Thanks 1

Hopefully visceral found a 4th driver to make up for the one that couldn't get by with only having 190hp at his disposal.

Also curious to see what configuration cone crushers shows up with and if it is with the 2.5 will it need race fuel to operate also?

12 hours ago, JDChristianson said:

So?  

1 hour ago, SonsOfIrony said:

La?

50 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

Ti?

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Da?

I was expecting a "Doe" or maybe a Homer Simpson meme with a "Doh", but I guess LA-Ti-Da works too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The tone of this thread can be bad at times but you guys are a re of sunshine to mi, at least this fa. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Right, enough of the overtures, now back to the topic.

Any recent news about the 944 and rule 4.5.6 issue? Is there a meeting coming up or one that happened recently?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mender said:

Right, enough of the overtures, now back to the topic.

Any recent news about the 944 and rule 4.5.6 issue? Is there a meeting coming up or one that happened recently?

Probably being discussed in Georgia today, but I haven't been following that thread, any news from the tech line?

• Like 1