hotchkis23

Swap Calculator is Live!

57 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

yeah cause they don't let just anyone post an ad on craigslist...  Hey look i found a $1000 running Viper, can i run that engine now?

I meant if you actually buy it.  Not for proof.

2 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

people need to start giving high fives for the 626 in impound, thats more impressive.

Why was it in Impound for a class win? Is that a new rule for 2019?

We've had a few class wins without being in the overall Top 5 and we've never been asked to stay in impound.

BTW - Kudos for a class B win in a Mazda 626.  That's a great accomplishment!!  My Audi is unlikely to ever sit on the overall Podium, so Class B win's are what we aim for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I meant if you actually buy it.  Not for proof.

How many cars are sold with a bill of sale that doesn't reflect the actual amount exchanged hands?  asking for a friend.

2 minutes ago, QuaTTro said:

Why was it in Impound for a class win? Is that a new rule for 2019?

yep, new for 2019.  our team actually petitioned for it knowing the 626 will never go for an overall win and we built the car to be class competitive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

How many cars are sold with a bill of sale that doesn't reflect the actual amount exchanged hands?  asking for a friend.

No idea.  That doesn't mean there are no legit deals on craigslist.

5 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

All the cars I buy have or sell have a $1,000 bill of sale or less. 

It's always like......oh....and by the way, is a $1,000 bill of sale OK with you?

giphy.gif

Edited by red0
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, mender said:

Why am I so vehement about all this? Because I was never good at being part of the good ol' boys club just so I could cheat and not get called out.

It’s funny, We were never good at that either, they beat the hell out of us  dirt track racing because I was not in their click,  here they don’t beat me up but we get no special favors and I don’t think anybody does.

I believe your perception is off on this matter and that is why I  try to counter.

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Never heard a word of this, on the contrary, there are high fives whenever it does happen.

See: SN95 on most recent podium.

Exactly, care to make a wager on what its VPI will be next year relative to other podium cars?  Increase, status quo, or decrease?

1 minute ago, Ron_e said:

Exactly, care to make a wager on what its VPI will be next year relative to other podium cars?  Increase, status quo, or decrease?

SN 95 cobra?  No need to bet because I have split answer, Status quo or marginal increase.... If they keep doing this winning thing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

yep, new for 2019.  our team actually petitioned for it knowing the 626 will never go for an overall win and we built the car to be class competitive.

Very cool. I'm in agreement with this change.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, QuaTTro said:

Very cool. I'm in agreement with this change.

Bringing class winners up to the podium was one of the best ideas this series has had in a long time, whoever thought of it is genius. Spread the love! 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:11 AM, Ronh911 said:

Point taken. And there is not anyone on the forum I respect more than you. 

Hear me out. Agree or not it is your call. We know the Domestics have had the raw end at times. No arguments there. That is another debate. Besides 80 percent of the participants just dislike domestics out of pure ignorance. 

Using the weight or whatever to adjust performance makes sense. The S2 is not Dominating anywhere. What reason is it to hit it with more points? As in the E30? Yes they have favorable fuel and power to weight but they are not Dominating any tracks. They have some outstanding drivers but as a whole they do not do well at HP tracks. 

Absolutism is our issue here. I understand the argument we need to be fair to all makes. But It is sound?  It is it practicle? Why alienate some well established teams and the bulk of our cars? Points are not the issue as much as fuel capacity and perception of this advantage. If the S2 had 15 gallons no one would give a hoot.  This is most likely the reason the TBird got hit. As well as V8 domestic fear and the bad taste if their beloved mark was defeated by a gauche " take my grand mother to church" domestic.  Remember what we are dealing with. Like the fuel cell debate and the individuals who claimed it was not as safe as an O.E fuel tank?  Mental heavyweights need not aply.

That my story and I am sticking to it.

1 hour ago, mender said:

Cam, I don't think that anyone cares whether it's Porsche or a Toyota or a BMW or a Ford, the issue is that the rules and rule changes should be applied consistently regardless of brand, badge, popularity or podiums.

Your complaint is that the T-Bird got whacked because of the "discovery" that it had a reasonable amount of fuel. Shouldn't every car that gets pointed out as having a reasonable amount of fuel now get that same 50-100 point jump in VPi regardless of its podium history?

You need to be consistent as well: either you're for equal treatment on all the rules and changes or accept your T-bird points as part of Champcar's SOP. Don't be criticizing people for speaking up about one aspect of the same problem that you're complaining about.

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

SN 95 cobra?  No need to bet because I have split answer, Status quo or marginal increase.... If they keep doing this winning thing.

One car should not provide the impetus for a VPI increase. If there is a trend supported by multiple teams proving the platform should have a higher VPI, that's another discussion. 

When the SC300 was increased, it was a result of multiple teams regularly being on the podium and often winning with the car. Multiple swapped MR2's have done very well. Conversely, they got a VPI decrease. A single car shouldn't be seen as driving values, as the team is a large consideration (unless it a BMW, then the team gets 100% of the credit).

There have been multiple Mustangs at every race we've ran, none of them finished anywhere near the top-20. 

• Like 4

There is no discussion that I've heard on raising the VPI on the Mustang.  It was hamstrung on fuel and its fast lap was a 1:42.2.  Fast but not an overdog in any sense.  

I personally was impressed with that car and marveled at the Camaro when it motored by me on the back straight.  I don't know of anyone on the Board that has it in for domestics...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jer said:

There is no discussion that I've heard on raising the VPI on the Mustang.  It was hamstrung on fuel and its fast lap was a 1:42.2.  Fast but not an overdog in any sense.  

I personally was impressed with that car and marveled at the Camaro when it motored by me on the back straight.  I don't know of anyone on the Board that has it in for domestics...

Thanks.

The bright side is that we are getting really, really good at fuel stops. I was disappointed that the white 3rd gen fell out early. The broke a "rear axle locating bar" (I'm not sure what that is relative to a 3rd gen build) and the Riley Motorsports Camaro (the black 3rd gen) is a monster. A few of our guys are friends with Bill Riley, and it's sort of cool knowing that he's over in his pit calculating our fuel mpg and pit intervals. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I know where there is an s2 posted on Craigslist for 300 with a running engine....

On top of that, this is a platform swap.  No 1500 limit.

No, it is not being looked at as a patform swap...if that was the case, it would be starting at the S2''s 520pts...

The powers that be are saying the S2 is a totally different platform and are treating it in the swap calculator as a base 944 S at 450pts and have bumped the weight up to the S2 curb weight of 2888 and not included the 10% decrease and to get the calculator to show 500pts for the 3 liter swap...

So it technically falls under the $1,500 max swap rule.

Edited by Racer7x
  • Like 1

Did the Camaro finish?

If so how many stops in 8 hours?

12 minutes ago, Jer said:

I personally was impressed with that car and marveled at the Camaro when it motored by me on the back straight.  

13 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

No, if that was the case it would be starting at the S2''s 520pts...

The powers that be are saying the S2 is a totally different platform and are treating in tge swap calculator a 944 base engine swap at 450pts and have bumped the weight up to the S2 curb weight of 2888 and not included the 10% decrease and to get the calculator to show 500pts for the 3 liter swap...

So it technically falls under the $1,500 max swap rule, but that is being ignored also for the sake of a few select teams

I believe they have to show support for their motor costs.  I did for mine, using car-parts which is easily verified on the internet.  I'm not tech, but i assume that is the procedure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cam Benty said:

Did the Camaro finish?

If so how many stops in 8 hours?

The Camaro got into it with another car in turn one, crashed out. Not assigning blame, I just saw the damage and asked them if they could repair it.  They said yes, in a day or two.  :(   It was running 2nd at the time but had a lot of stops.  I think in average it was pitting every 1:10 or 1:20.  It was fast in a straight line and well driven.  

Edited by Jer

27 minutes ago, Snorman said:

Thanks.

The bright side is that we are getting really, really good at fuel stops. I was disappointed that the white 3rd gen fell out early. The broke a "rear axle locating bar" (I'm not sure what that is relative to a 3rd gen build) and the Riley Motorsports Camaro (the black 3rd gen) is a monster. A few of our guys are friends with Bill Riley, and it's sort of cool knowing that he's over in his pit calculating our fuel mpg and pit intervals. 🤣

I was disappointed when the bar off the Camaro ended up sticking through the oil pan of the car I was driving 45 minutes into the race. :( 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, red0 said:

I was disappointed when the bar off the Camaro ended up sticking through the oil pan of the car I was driving 45 minutes into the race. :( 

Holy crap...really? 

They showed me the bar that came off the car. They left out the part about it ventilating parts on another car. 

10 minutes ago, Snorman said:

Holy crap...really? 

They showed me the bar that came off the car. They left out the part about it ventilating parts on another car. 

Yes really

• Sad 2

Well that bar is about 3' long and ~1" thick, so coming off at race pace probably was quite a sight to behold. 

It was what Jackie had to pick up off the track during the red flag caused by the oil left from RBanks from T1-T5.