versions of same car with different oem engines VPI?

VikingTrad3r

Hi All, second post.  

When I first discovered CCES I was told there was a $500 acquisition price limit.

But then I learned that there is actually a 500 point limit.  As long as your car is on the VPI online calculator, the car is valid for competing, and if you are under 500 on the VPI then you can afford some points to upgrade where you want and if you are over 500 points then you some laps are taken away from your score at the end of the race.

Do I have that right? ^^

Now then the question I have is when cars were made with different engine options from factory, but they are not specified as separate vehicles on the VPI, how does a person know what VPI they would be at? 

Thanks! VikingTrad3r

Okay.  First, it would be helpful if you read the rules....

Linky dink: https://champcar.org/mainweb/rules/

Next, can you give an example of what you are referring to?  

I can give you an example:  A 1991 Camaro was available as a V8 or a V6.  If there is only 1 value listed, it is the value for either engine.  Unless a specific engine is listed on an individual line, it covers all versions of the vehicle except for special performance variations.  For example, a 1LE Camaro will probably have a higher VPI (not actually listed) than a standard V8 Camaro due to it being a special model.

A 4 cylinder Dodge Stratus is the same value as the 6 cylinder.

Lemme know when you wanna talk about swaps.

P.S. There is ZERO correlation between $ and points in this series.  None.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, VikingTrad3r said:

When I first discovered CCES I was told there was a $500 acquisition price limit.

There was.  In 2012 or 2013 and before.  Not no more.  You can bring in a fully restored rebuilt 1994 Toyota Supra if ya want...

Or a BMW M6....

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, VikingTrad3r said:

Hi All, second post.  

But then I learned that there is actually a 500 point limit.  As long as your car is on the VPI online calculator, the car is valid for competing, and if you are under 500 on the VPI then you can afford some points to upgrade where you want and if you are over 500 points then you some laps are taken away from your score at the end of the race.

Do I have that right? ^^

Now then the question I have is when cars were made with different engine options from factory, but they are not specified as separate vehicles on the VPI, how does a person know what VPI they would be at? 

Thanks! VikingTrad3r

All new now, based on points not costs. LeMons is based on cost. I suggest if you want to start a team buy a car you are all familiar with. Best bang for the buck is a Gen II f-body at 150 points you can have a 350 and a 4 or 5 speed depending on year. 

43 minutes ago, VikingTrad3r said:

Welcome

As already stated, same price/pts. pick the one that suits your needs and get it prepped.

There is a team running a 626 with a 4cyl because it fits their agenda to do so.

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

There is a team running a 626 with a 4cyl because it fits their agenda to do so.

You mean because its awesome.  that and the stand alone that was in the car when we bought it only does 4 cylinders. LOL

If you have a car in mind, but don't see it on the VPI or are unsure because its a 'special model' you can can email the BOD and ask for a VPI assessment.  If you are looking for something like a 2014 Nissan 370z..  You are just going to have to run in EC.

• Like 1