Bill Strong

2019 Official Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta 14-Hour

52 minutes ago, Snorman said:

1. We (InActiv Motorsports) have 1-stint available in our Mazda 626. Inquire at our pit if interested. We have plenty of drivers to cover the seat time, but would be happy to have an experienced renter fill the seat. 

2. If you've never pitted in the pro-paddock, when you pit out, it's up the hill. You can't see down the hill to the left and behind you and thus, what's probably coming fast. So stay right until you are at the top of the hill. If you pit out and come across the track as cars are WOT up the hill, bad things are going to happen and people are going to write unflattering songs about you. 

Yeah. The blend line isn't very long and the speed disparity is going to be quite large until your at the top of the hill. Maybe this needs to be raised at the driver's meetings. The scheduled ones preferably.

1 hour ago, Chappy said:

Where is registration/tech at?

Sounded like it was a figure out when they get there kind of deal.  You won't be able to miss it, it will be where the long lines are.

Man, I could get used to this arrive/drive deal.  No last minute panic of stuff that I don't have ready on the car, no endless trips loading the trailer, no overnight shipping of something I forgot to order, no screw ups of something I left loose on the car.  Just show up.  Wow, whoda thunk you could do that?

Hey @Doc, no rain in the forecast!  0%!  No way it rains!  Zilch, none, can't happen, nada precip!

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Burningham said:

Hey @Doc, no rain in the forecast!  0%!  No way it rains!  Zilch, none, can't happen, nada precip!

Oh great, you just jinxed it. Probably have a monsoon now....

see you soon buddy.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jakks said:

Someone needs his beauty sleep. No way can he get up early two days in a row.... 

Asking for a friend

I hate that I'm sitting here in the ATL waiting on a flight home so I can turn around and drive right past the airport to Road ATL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Team Infiniti said:

I skipped work a day early to hop a ride with a local Neon team.

Well...  that's because you own your business, dad has to answer to the man.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chip said:

Oh great, you just jinxed it. Probably have a monsoon now....

see you soon buddy.

I was just trying to draw the ire of Doc just for fun, he's a lot more superstitious on this stuff.  Plus I think he hates driving in the rain as much as I do.  And I actually have 0 faith in anything a weatherman says.

And looking forward to seeing you guys too, should be a hoot.

Edited by Burningham

Currently broke down at Chevy place across from summit store exit 216 on i75 if anyone wants to come say hi!

45 minutes ago, Justin9 said:

Currently broke down at Chevy place across from summit store exit 216 on i75 if anyone wants to come say hi!

That sucks!  Something easy to fix, I hope!

5 hours ago, Justin9 said:

New car debut this weekend?

Edited by mcoppola

Does anybody have a engine hoist we r diagnosing a lack of power and it might be the engine letting go? 

NLS RACING

Edited by krackerx
Added team name.

2 hours ago, krackerx said:

Does anybody have a engine hoist we r diagnosing a lack of power and it might be the engine letting go? 

NLS RACING

Get a leakdown tester at harbor freight.  Also, spin the engine with the plugs out and see if there are tight spots.

I would hate to swap an engine and have the same issue come up again.  Try to figure out what's wrong first!

• Like 1

Finally found the problem the y pipe had melted together. Dear lord baby Jesus find me y pipe that will work.

5 hours ago, krackerx said:

Finally found the problem the y pipe had melted together. Dear lord baby Jesus find me y pipe that will work.

I hope you guys figured out a solution!

Come to the white rv next to the little building for fluid disposal if you still need one. 

Edited by Burningham
  • Thanks 1