Bill Strong

2019 Official Sonoma Raceway Double-7

Change to the track day test times and price reduction.

Please download the latest v3 of the supplementals. Due to a schedule conflict, the morning session of the open free test day on Friday will be canceled. You will have the track from 1pm until 5pm. No breaks.
No other items change. Those that have been paid in full will receive a refund for $100. 

Test and Race now cost $1525

Paddock: Paddock spaces in front of garages are reserved for the team renting that garage.  Pit Lane spaces will be assigned. Please contact mike.morrison@champcar.org for pit assignments.

Concessions: Concessions will be open for Breakfast and Lunch on Friday – Sunday.

Fuel on site: Fuel is available onsite with a Credit Card.  Located at the Sunoco Station at the South end of the paddock. Unleaded: 91, 96, 100, Leaded: 112, 114, 116

February 16-February 17, 2019
SONOMA RACEWAY: Double 7 Enduros, $1625
Sonoma, CA
"Sonoma Raceway"
Early Pay Discount Ends: December 18, 2018
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

Sonoma Hotel Information:

Best Western Novato Oaks

215 Alameda del Prada

Novato, CA 94949

415-883-4400

Hotel Website

The ChampCar discount expires February 1st, so if you need a room, give the hotel a call and book your room. This hotel is one of our favorites in the country!

Entries for Sonoma Raceway

updated 2/6/2019

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   A Few Good Cylinders 7 1999 Mazda Miata
2.   Arsenic Racing 116 1996 Mazda Miata
3.   AutoSpec Racing #1 210 1993 Mazda Miata
4.   AutoSpec Racing #2 160 1993 Mazda Miata
5.   Bandits 470 1979 Pontiac Trans Am
6.   Blown My Wad 135 1994 BMW 325 IS
7.   Dasboot Motorsports 190 2016 bmw m235ir
8.   Dead Pedal Racing 185 1987 Maserati BiTurbo
9.   Doorslammers 97 1994 Mazda Miata
10.   Doorslammers 48 1988 Pontiac Fiero
11.   ives motorsports 9 1991 Mazda Miata
12.   Marvin the Martian Racing 10 1991 BMW E30 318IS
13.   Misfits 3 183 1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder
14.   Mr. Angry Motorsports 12 1992 mazda miata
15.   Nine Four Motorsports 840 1992 Lexus SC300
16.   Nine Four Motorsports 83 1994 Toyota Supra
17.   ORANGE PUMPKIN 137 1988 BMW 325
18.   The Flyin Hawaiians & 2 White Guys 82 1977 Datsun 280Z
19.   The Gunslingers Raceteam 69 1993 mazda miata
20.   The Renegades 76 1991 Mazda Miata
21.   Uncommon Friends Racing 46 1978 Datsun 280Z
22.   Wilwood 119 1999 Mazda Miata
23.   Zoom Zoom Kaboom 184 1994 Mazda Miata

We're just a couple of days away from ChampCar's return to Sonoma Raceway. Below are your pit/garage assignments and final event info.  Please read carefully!

Supplemental Rules & Schedule - Please make sure you read the supplemental rules and event schedule found here.

Gates - Gates will open for trailer drop from 6PM - 10PM Thursday evening then will reopen at 6AM Friday morning and stay open until 7PM Sunday. Everyone must sign the waiver at the gate.

Paddock - Sonoma Raceway will have a practice Friday morning before our practice. Please be courteous of those you are sharing the paddock with. You may not be able to park outside of your garage until after 1PM. Paddock spaces in front of the garages are reserved for those teams renting a garage after 1PM.  

Tech - All cars will need to be tech'd for 2019.  Bring all your paperwork filled out and make sure you have read the rules.  Swap cars with no paperwork will likely be put in EC.  Tech opens at 9AM on Friday.  Decals will be handed out at Tech and will be required to pass tech. Decal locations are shown in the BCCR appendix. Please download and READ the 2019 BCCR here as we have had some rule changes. Also make sure you look up your VPI here before you arrive at tech so there are no surprises. Any tech questions please email Jay Mauney here.

Registration - Make sure you tech first, then bring your yellow logbook and tech sheet signed by us directly to registration.  Before you arrive, log in and check your driver roster for accuracy.  Make any corrections ahead of time.  If you are fully paid with the correct drivers, check-in is a 3 minute process.  If you are not coming (work issue, car issue, etc), email me to let me know you will not be there.

Novice & New to ChampCar School - 5PM Friday at the Media Center. See map in supps.

Garage & Pit Assignments - Pit and garage assignments are found here.

A reminder: read through and print out the Supplemental Rules for this event here.

If you have any questions about registration, please contact Laura O'Rourke here.  Any other questions you can contact me here.

We're looking forward to seeing you all at Sonoma Raceway!

The ChampCar Staff   

1 hour ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

As much as it pains me to say this, we wont be able to make this race.  Sonoma is my favorite California track :( 

Come to Iowa and I will loan you our car. It would only be 72 hours to come and return. Then another 36 to go home.

Maybe I'm over estimating but its a long ways

Edited by 55mini
spelling

5 minutes ago, 55mini said:

Come to Iowa and I will loan you our car. It would only be 72 hours to come and return. Then another 36 to go home.

Maybe I'm over estimating but its a long ways

I towed from Virginia. It's only a hop and a skip from Iowa.

2 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I towed from Virginia. It's only a hop and a skip from Iowa.

Your funny, Virginia is an easy tow. To Iowa that is.

We plan to go west in 2020 to Sonoma.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 55mini said:

Your funny, Virginia is an easy tow. To Iowa that is.

We plan to go west in 2020 to Sonoma.

Does the miata have a plate?!?!?!!??!  there are a few ecotec miatas here and we have all the rest of the spares.  Would be a MUCH faster run not pulling a trailer...  LOL!

14 minutes ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

Does the miata have a plate?!?!?!!??!  there are a few ecotec miatas here and we have all the rest of the spares.  Would be a MUCH faster run not pulling a trailer...  LOL!

Plates are over rated, live life and take the risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

The Mielan miata should be able to outrun the police anyway!

• Like 1

Hey I can put on a nice Lotus Elan plate for you since thats half our team name!

They will never catch on.  Got a personalized plate LOTI1 on my 65 Elan

Hi Bill,

Was just looking at the sups and it says they're seven hours in the header but in the info in the schedule shows us racing from 8am to 12pm and 1pm to 5pm (8 hours).  So are they going to take the hour from the start of the race or from the end?  I need to know for my master plan race strategy.

Thanks

I'll get that sorted. I am the cut and paste king. I don't actually proof this stuff :)
Waiting for confirmation from the ED

37 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I'll get that sorted. I am the cut and paste king. I don't actually proof this stuff :)
Waiting for confirmation from the ED

Theres a good joke in there, I know it!!!   😂

• Haha 1

All entrants, email me your driver info, and car info, and some cool stuff about your team that we can use on the show?

Drivers - anything special about them? Stories? Years racing?
Car - all the cheaty bits? we won't tell tech.

Where is your team based out of?

I will post a number that you guys can text info to during the event. Like, let us know what you are leading or losing this race.

send me an email to media@champcar.org with Sonoma Media in the subject line. 

Sonoma Hotel Information:

Best Western Novato Oaks

215 Alameda del Prada

Novato, CA 94949

415-883-4400

Hotel Website

The ChampCar discount expires February 1st, so if you need a room, give the hotel a call and book your room. This hotel is one of our favorites in the country!

I am getting calls and emails from drivers looking for Arrive and Drive teams to race with at Sonoma. Some from the Pirelli World Challenge. Please contact me for driver contact info

bill.strong@champcar.org

Change to the track day test times and price reduction.

Please download the latest v3 of the supplementals. Due to a schedule conflict, the morning session of the open free test day on Friday will be canceled. You will have the track from 1pm until 5pm. No breaks.
No other items change. Those that have been paid in full will receive a refund for $100. 

Test and Race now cost $1525

so, a couple of things --

last year there was fuel (lots of different types all the way to 112 I think), and the sups say "no fuel".  Hopefully there is fuel there????

also - garages -- nothing in the sups about garages. 

21 minutes ago, dipperk120 said:

so, a couple of things --

last year there was fuel (lots of different types all the way to 112 I think), and the sups say "no fuel".  Hopefully there is fuel there????

also - garages -- nothing in the sups about garages. 

For questions like these, it's best to contact the event director, Mike Morrison, mike.morrison@champcar.org. Then we can get the supps updated. 

• Thanks 1

I need to update the supps, but its on hold for a day or two. I'll get that info as Mike M has already got it to me. 

• Thanks 1

Paddock: Paddock spaces in front of garages are reserved for the team renting that garage.  Pit Lane spaces will be assigned. Please contact mike.morrison@champcar.org for pit assignments.

Concessions: Concessions will be open for Breakfast and Lunch on Friday – Sunday.

Fuel on site: Fuel is available onsite with a Credit Card.  Located at the Sunoco Station at the South end of the paddock. Unleaded: 91, 96, 100, Leaded: 112, 114, 116

• Thanks 2

We have 85 cars for Road Atlanta. 22 for the tiny VIR south track. 20 for Sonoma.

We are doing this race no matter how many show. I purchased my plane ticket and rental car. I am coming to this race. I am visiting my family in Vallejo. 

How can we increase the numbers here?

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

We have 85 cars for Road Atlanta. 22 for the tiny VIR south track. 20 for Sonoma.

We are doing this race no matter how many show. I purchased my plane ticket and rental car. I am coming to this race. I am visiting my family in Vallejo. 

How can we increase the numbers here?

Tell them to come try to beat the rebuilt and faster Maserati -- if they think they can :)

• Like 1

The 2019 season is here!  
Get your team ready for an 
exciting time at Sonoma Raceway!

1167273b-7c05-43db-add6-4c914b97b274.jpg

We're looking forward to getting our 2019 West coast schedule kicked off once again at Sonoma Raceway. Below is the important event info you need to read to make your weekend a little easier. Please read carefully!

Supplemental Rules & Schedule - Please make sure you read the supplemental rules and event schedule found here.

Gates - Gates will open for trailer drop from 6PM - 10PM Thursday evening then will reopen at 6AM Friday morning and stay open until 7PM Sunday. Everyone must sign the waiver at the gate.

Paddock - Sonoma Raceway will have a practice Friday morning before our practice. Please be courteous of those you are sharing the paddock with. You may not be able to park outside of your garage until after 1PM. Paddock spaces in front of the garages are reserved for those teams renting a garage after 1PM.  

Tech - All cars will need to be tech'd for 2019.  Bring all your paperwork filled out and make sure you have read the rules.  Swap cars with no paperwork will likely be put in EC.  Tech opens at 9AM on Friday.  Decals will be handed out at Tech and will be required to pass tech. Decal locations are shown in the BCCR appendix. Please download and READ the 2019 BCCR here as we have had some rule changes. Also make sure you look up your VPI here before you arrive at tech so there are no surprises.

Registration - Make sure you tech first, then bring your yellow logbook and tech sheet signed by us directly to registration.  Before you arrive, log in and check your driver roster for accuracy.  Make any corrections ahead of time.  If you are fully paid with the correct drivers, check-in is a 3 minute process.  If you are not coming (work issue, car issue, etc), email me to let me know you will not be there.

Novice & New to ChampCar School - 5PM Friday at the Media Center. See map in supps.

Garage & Pit Assignments - Please email me if you would like to be next to a certain team. Garages are still available, please log into your ChampCar account and edit your race entry to reserve one. You will not be able to move into your garage until 1PM on Friday due to others using them for Sonoma Raceway's morning practice. Assignments will be sent out next week.

A reminder: read through and print out the Supplemental Rules for this event here.

If you have any questions about registration, please contact Laura O'Rourke here.  Any other questions you can contact me here.

We're looking forward to seeing you all at Sonoma Raceway!

The ChampCar Staff