Bill Strong

2019 Official Sonoma Raceway Double-7

We're just a couple of days away from ChampCar's return to Sonoma Raceway. Below are your pit/garage assignments and final event info.  Please read carefully!

Supplemental Rules & Schedule - Please make sure you read the supplemental rules and event schedule found here.

Gates - Gates will open for trailer drop from 6PM - 10PM Thursday evening then will reopen at 6AM Friday morning and stay open until 7PM Sunday. Everyone must sign the waiver at the gate.

Paddock - Sonoma Raceway will have a practice Friday morning before our practice. Please be courteous of those you are sharing the paddock with. You may not be able to park outside of your garage until after 1PM. Paddock spaces in front of the garages are reserved for those teams renting a garage after 1PM.  

Tech - All cars will need to be tech'd for 2019.  Bring all your paperwork filled out and make sure you have read the rules.  Swap cars with no paperwork will likely be put in EC.  Tech opens at 9AM on Friday.  Decals will be handed out at Tech and will be required to pass tech. Decal locations are shown in the BCCR appendix. Please download and READ the 2019 BCCR here as we have had some rule changes. Also make sure you look up your VPI here before you arrive at tech so there are no surprises. Any tech questions please email Jay Mauney here.

Registration - Make sure you tech first, then bring your yellow logbook and tech sheet signed by us directly to registration.  Before you arrive, log in and check your driver roster for accuracy.  Make any corrections ahead of time.  If you are fully paid with the correct drivers, check-in is a 3 minute process.  If you are not coming (work issue, car issue, etc), email me to let me know you will not be there.

Novice & New to ChampCar School - 5PM Friday at the Media Center. See map in supps.

Garage & Pit Assignments - Pit and garage assignments are found here.

A reminder: read through and print out the Supplemental Rules for this event here.

If you have any questions about registration, please contact Laura O'Rourke here.  Any other questions you can contact me here.

We're looking forward to seeing you all at Sonoma Raceway!

The ChampCar Staff   

I am a backup driver for our team this weekend, not flying in until 9am Saturday.  How long is gear check usually open until?  I need 2019 gear check, like most everyone else.

16 minutes ago, lewisracing said:

I am a backup driver for our team this weekend, not flying in until 9am Saturday.  How long is gear check usually open until?  I need 2019 gear check, like most everyone else.

Typically open all day. It wont be an issue

55 minutes ago, lewisracing said:

Just go to registration; we will take care of you.

Dropped our trailer at the track next to the Flyin Hawaiins and was invited into their 2,000 square foot motor home for home made chocolate chip cookies and to watch Top Gun. These guys know how to go racing! Lots of  other Champcars in the paddock-looking forward to seeing all the other teams tomorrow.  We need to pass the word to all the west coast (and nationwide) competitors-this place is awesome. It deserves a National Championship race (SCCA just had their Runoffs here) and full grids.  

Forecast looks like some moderate rain tomorrow, but according to National Weather Service less than 1/4" each weekend day. Makes the strategy calls critical-put on rains and burn off the rubber when it dries--or slip and slide for a while on a more durable tire to avoid changing?

• Like 1

i raced Lemons there a few months ago with a heavily wet track...  no rain tires needed, just a lot of patience and the correct rain line, that seemingly 90% of racers dont know where that is.  worked out well for us. ;)

Edited by lewisracing