Sign in to follow this  
Bill Strong

2019 Official The 12 hours of VIR (South)

March 2, 2019
VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: 12 Hour Enduro, $1225
Alton, VA
"The 12 hours of VIR (South)"
Early Pay Discount Ends: January 1, 2019
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

Entries for The RVA Graphics & Wraps 12 hours of VIR (South)

updated 2/4/2019

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   7G MOTORSPORT 391 1989 MERCEDES BENZ 190E
2.   Acme Racing 105 1981 Datsun 200SX
3.   Bad Brains Racing 210 1993 BMW 325i
4.   BimmerLine 336 1993 BMW 325
5.   Bliss Racing 432 1985 Chevy Camaro Z28
6.   Broke In 60 Seconds 600 1986 Ford Mustang
7.   Car RamRod 283 1990 Mazda Miata
8.   Car Ramrod 198 1994 Mazda Miata
9.   Clapped Out Racing 993 1994 Bmw E36
10.   CMP Racing 253 1994 Honda Prelude
11.   Crazy One Racing 217 2000 Ford Focus
12.   FiveTales Racing 153 1991 Mazda MX-5
13.   Flat 6 Racing by LMN Motorsports 986 1997 Porsche Boxster
14.   G Racing 909 1986 BMW E30
15.   GodZilla Racing 431 1988 Nissan 300ZX
16.   Hangloose Racing 313 1995 Mazda Miata
17.   HWD Racing 707 2003 Acura CL Type-S
18.   LowT Posse 185 1998 ford mustang
19.   NEVEREADY RACING 950 2004 Infinity G35
20.   Not Banned Yet 307 1991 Nissan 240SX
21.   On Second Thought Racing 341 1991 Mazda Miata
22.   Pinkies Out 246 1988 BMW 325is
23.   Prancing Burro Racing 285 1985 Toyota MR2
24.   Prancing Donkey Racing 762 1985 Pontiac Trans Am
25.   Racebar 513 1985 BMW 735i
26.   Rhinoceros Racing 233 1986 FORD MUSTANG LX
27.   Rolling Roadblock Racing 363 1990 Mazda Miata
28.   Rotary Racing 38 1988 mazda rx7
29.   SRI Racing - Chump Change 300 1987 BMW 325is
30.   Still Crazy Racing 501 2006 chev cobalt
31.   The Cones Are A Lie 772 1993 Mazda Miata
32.   Wheres john 98 1994 Acura Integra
  • Like 1

Racebar will be here! As expected, we plan to host a BBQ party. You can expect beer, lots of pork shoulder, music, probably some [REDACTED] and lots of fun. The bbq will be ready starting around 5:30 pm on Friday!

IMG_20180810_203706.jpg

Edited by Jim
Update
  • Like 3

Does everyone generally spend the night Saturday night?  I think it makes the most sense to party Saturday.  What's the vibe generally?

RRAAACCEEBBAARR!!!

• Like 2

Crickets.......this is going to be a fun race! Hey come on old people you used to have fun where did it go. Post up. Let's see that energy. Get us fired up to race. A little forplay if you will. You all know what forplay is right? Right now this race feels like a dead fish.

thumb_and-now-for-sashimill-the-final-touch-ew-get-this-8917419.png

• Like 1

It has been my experience that when the race is over most teams leave pronto ,and then teams that have broken are all ready gone . So your party base has dwindled before it even starts cook all day Fri so we can smell it while enjoying the tech line

The rules and event info lists camping as "Self-contained RV camping",  does this mean that I will not be able to tent camp like I had planned on?  I was hoping to tent camp in the general camping area just south of the South paddock.

Also I am attending with no specific team affiliation,  so if anyone needs a hand with anything just let me know!  I am decent with a wrench and a hammer.

6 minutes ago, tyler_j said:

The rules and event info lists camping as "Self-contained RV camping",  does this mean that I will not be able to tent camp like I had planned on?  I was hoping to tent camp in the general camping area just south of the South paddock.

Also I am attending with no specific team affiliation,  so if anyone needs a hand with anything just let me know!  I am decent with a wrench and a hammer.

I don't know about the camping deal. I'd just do it or call the track and see. Doubt they'll kick anybody out. 

Winsome racing and Hang Loose racing will both be a little short handed and hopefully pit neighbors. Come say hi and we'll probably abuse your goodwill. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tyler_j said:

You will be able to tent camp.  Not sure what the gate will charge you.  Probably naught if you play your cards right.

Come say hi

On 2/2/2019 at 10:37 PM, Jim said:

Racebar will be here! As expected, we plan to host a BBQ party. You can expect beer, lots of pork shoulder, music, probably some [REDACTED] and lots of fun. We still haven't decided if the party should be Friday night before the race or Saturday after the checkered flag. We are leaning more towards Saturday so we can smoke the pork all day. Thoughts from the gallery?

Most people will be too tired or have already rolled out on Saturday night.  Friday is your time to shine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tyler_j said:

Sure, you can tent camp, no problem.

The self contained part means there aren't a series of hook-ups spaces with power and water for campers. 

Dana

• Thanks 1

I'm looking at the possibility of coming up and offering photo packages through MotorSportMedia for this event.  Would anyone be interested in photo packages?  Having a few in the bag might be enough to sway me one way or another.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, riche30 said:

I'm looking at the possibility of coming up and offering photo packages through MotorSportMedia for this event.  Would anyone be interested in photo packages?  Having a few in the bag might be enough to sway me one way or another.

After all the bondo and paint work this winter I'd love some on track pics, sign us up (Rotary Racing #38). 

And please take some early before someone taps a quarter panel and bondo explodes everywhere...

• Haha 1

Make sure you claim it as an '87-'88 or you'll get dinged with a bogus swap weight. I'm sure you know that you can finally run decent shocks and struts (Konis) again and still have room for other mods. 

Who gets to hold the wing during the race? ;)

Edited by mender

On 2/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, tyler_j said:

If you don't drink our beer, eat our bbq, and crash with racebar we will be sad.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:09 AM, ross2004 said:

Friday gets our vote as well. Thanks for being Racebar, Racebar.

Friday it is! I guess we will get there Thursday night

• Haha 1

Ok so the way we usually do this is we smoke between 70 lbs and 150 lbs of pork shoulder for about 12 hours and we have a keg of beer. We invite all the corners workers out, and interestingly they seem to make the best turnout. I think in december, despite the rain, we had almost all of the corner workers at the party. Which is amazing. The race teams are hit or miss. Some teams show up every time. It seems like a lot of teams are pretty busy getting set up or making last minute repairs. And that's ok, at some point we just drive around the paddock and deliver beer and bbq to people laying under their cars.

I'd say let's look at why we spend all of our money on this silly hobby. Is it the primal instinct of killing (slaying a cavalier), proving your superior racing skills that you have developed after spending countless dollars on the journey, the drug adiction of dopamine, or coming together with peers to build a team while accomplishing something great? The team building is the most challenging and most rewarding thing we do. I've learned this from the Navy. Drinking beer, socializing, and building bonds is far more important than accomplishing the mission. Maybe I'm a bit naive to this sport, but I think we can all take a moment to appreciate each other, not only within our own team, but also respect other teams, because we have all worked hard to get to every race.

I know this is long winded. All I'm saying is let's get together and throw a huge party. Friday evening. Everyone bring some food. Let's come together and raise a beer to champcar for uniting us all in a common passion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Any teams coming up from the Tampa area?  Looking at some car parts down there and was hoping someone could pick it up and bring to VIR

3 hours ago, chip said:

Any teams coming up from the Tampa area?  Looking at some car parts down there and was hoping someone could pick it up and bring to VIR

@Chummy lives around there somewhere, not sure if he is doing VIR tho

• Like 1

Alright... looks like I've got just enough interest in photos for us to come up and give this a shot.  

For those interested here's the order link.  Of course, we'll be coming around and trying to take your money at the track too!  Good luck to everyone, see you there!
http://www.msmtrackdays.com/new-products/photo-package-chumpcar-vir-mar2019

• Like 2