Bill Strong

2019 Official Road America Spring Double 8-Hour Enduros

2 hours ago, LuckyKid said:

Anyone knowledgeable in Megasquirts going to be at the track Thursday?  Our tuner is waiting on a part for their dyno and we are going to have to tune it during the test day.  We planned to run VE Analyzer Live on-track to get it atleast safe.

Our previous tune is with the exhaust cam off a tooth and we just ported the head.  I assume its going to impact the VE table alot.

Will pay in dollars, beer, or cheese.

Thanks!

Aaron @ Quantum performance is great!

Unfortunate incident at the garage last night left us with a bunch of fried electrical components, ECU,dash few others. We will not be participating in the race. We will be volunteering and hanging out after.

If anyone needs an extra hand with something (Or a driver) come find us. Were going to have a good time either way and try and learn from others so we quit making as many mistakes!

Good luck guys!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

7 minutes ago, Gkuhn41 said:

Unfortunate incident at the garage last night left us with a bunch of fried electrical components, ECU,dash few others. We will not be participating in the race. We will be volunteering and hanging out after.

If anyone needs an extra hand with something (Or a driver) come find us. Were going to have a good time either way and try and learn from others so we quit making as many mistakes!

Good luck guys!

I heard, that sucks. Break out the Z maybe?  Stop down by us either day.

I heard they couldn't get the cameras to work today. And then later heard that it worked on Facebook but not YouTube. They hope to have it fixed for tomorrow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

it sucked.

yes it did

Look at the bright side. You could have two drivers with what seems like food poisoning after Thursday night dinner. We rejoiced after stints for making it through without vomiting or messing ourselves. It's been a real joy of a day.

• Sad 1

Where is everyone? We’re at Seibkens and it’s only Mopar4Ever and Premium Dudes here!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, swrving said:

Where is everyone? We’re at Seibkens and it’s only Mopar4Ever and Premium Dudes here!

This happened in the fall last year as well. Everyone is too serious now I guess to go to Siebkens

1 hour ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

This happened in the fall last year as well. Everyone is too serious now I guess to go to Siebkens

Blown motor made the priorities different. I know a few other teams were still fixing cars late into the night. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, swrving said:

47 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

The Premium Dudes fought valiently, but we tapped out after the 5th round of shots/bombs (in addition to our previous libations at Brown Baer). At least one of us went on to puke....

Had a great time, we’ll do this again sometime. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had work to do to the car, but wound up drinking at the Brown Baer where we were also staying.  lots of people there...

Ah.....No. We did not know where Siebkins was located. ( first time for all of us at R.A.) We look it up on line and it stated it was closed for the Season. So we did not pursue it. 

On 4/20/2019 at 6:41 PM, Eman911 said:

On 4/20/2019 at 7:35 PM, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Edited by Cam Benty

14 minutes ago, Cam Benty said:

Ah.....No. We did not know where Siebkins was located. ( first time for all of us at R.A.) We look it up on line and it stated it was closed for the Season. So we did not pursue it. 

I also could not find Siebkins Thursday night despite walking around.  So I went back to the Brown Baer which was hopping.  

15 hours ago, Jer said:

I also could not find Siebkins Thursday night despite walking around.  So I went back to the Brown Baer which was hopping.  

Yeah for some reason they weren't open on Thursday night, but did open Friday. We'll know better for next time to check other locales.

47 minutes ago, swrving said:

Yeah for some reason they weren't open on Thursday night, but did open Friday. We'll know better for next time to check other locales.

Two blocks to the Brown Baer!  shoulda walked over!

42 minutes ago, thewheelerZ said:

@swrving @Mopar 4 Life TBH, this seems like an oddly rookie move. Are you guys losing your touch?!:ph34r: 😀

They are not losing their touch. They drank the premium dudes under the table without any real effort. We better stick to our Busch Light. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thewheelerZ said:

@swrving @Mopar 4 Life TBH, this seems like an oddly rookie move. Are you guys losing your touch?!:ph34r: 😀

Haha, I've only been to RA once before and spent every night in Siebkens last visit (and it was hopping), wasn't aware of another Pub/Tavern, post even reading about Brown Baer is the first I've heard of it.

1 hour ago, red0 said:

They are not losing their touch. They drank the premium dudes under the table without any real effort. We better stick to our Busch Light. 

Good times Andrew and team! It was good hanging out with you guys, and we appreciate the valiant effort!

I am so disappointed I didn't get to go. It's only 3 hours from home.  But last Thursday I got my feet tangled up working in the shop and took a fall that my ribs absorbed a majority of the impact. Today is the first day I can breathe with only minor pain. I won't be racing anytime soon with this going on. I do want to work at some races though and reawaken the racer in me. Unfortunately I have spent most of the beginning of the year injured from mishaps on the ice in my driveway.  80 degree temp swing turning snow into ice and I just underestimated the danger. 

I tried to tune in on Sunday and watch but the stream wasn't there the few times when I looked so I gave up. What I watched on Saturday was very interesting. The EC domination stood out the most. How was the 20-30 second lap time differential to work with?  Those speed differentials is where the mishaps can get big. I hope that isn't a trend...

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, SpeedMaverick said:

I tried to tune in on Sunday and watch but the stream wasn't there the few times when I looked so I gave up. What I watched on Saturday was very interesting. The EC domination stood out the most. How was the 20-30 second lap time differential to work with?  Those speed differentials is where the mishaps can get big. I hope that isn't a trend...

Racing with the EC cars is fine. It's better they are much quicker lap times than not. Since they are not competing for the win, it is better they can just pass and walk away. 

It is much worse when a bad driver in something like an E46 M3 is fast in the straight and then over slows and blocks the Champcars in the corners. That was a total non issue, and it was just great being on track with the EC cars this weekend and even the Daytona event the weekend before. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, red0 said:

Racing with the EC cars is fine. It's better they are much quicker lap times than not. Since they are not competing for the win, it is better they can just pass and walk away. 

Including that uber-expensive P-racecar, dam that thing sounded good as it blasted by on the straights.  Until it was parked in the grass between T5 and 6,