Bill Strong

2019 Official Watkins Glen - Sahlens Champyard Dog at The Glen Double 7-Hour

1 hour ago, B-Rad said:

Rental car¬†ūüėÄ

I think what he meant was that back when they raced on them, some of the roads were dirt.  Some were gravel, and some were pavement.  The map gives the road type.  

Edited by Racer28173
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

I think what he meant was that back when they raced on them, some of the roads were dirt.  Some were gravel, and some were pavement.  The map gives the road type.  

Gotcha. My mind immediately goes to tomfoolery. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hammerheads said:

Have garage assignments been emailed? We haven’t heard anything. 

No, the garage and pit assignments will go out early this week.

Dana

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DuncanDana said:

No, the garage and pit assignments will go out early this weeÔĽŅk.

DanaÔĽŅ

Heck yeah!  Wheelhouse Racing is beyond pumped to get back on track for 2019!

• Like 3

I will be doing GEAR TECH again  and due to this event selling out once more and the high number of drivers,  we will be doing gear tech in the garage AND  have a  (red, white & blue) golf cart roaming around checking your DRIVERS GEAR to provide you with the best customer service in the racing industry and to start your weekend off smoothly.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DEE DEE said:

I will be doing GEAR TECH again  and due to this event selling out once more and the high number of drivers,  we will be doing gear tech in the garage AND  have a  (red, white & blue) golf cart roaming around checking your DRIVERS GEAR to provide you with the best customer service in the racing industry and to start your weekend off smoothly.

You just need to stop being so nice to these guys. 

These are the same guys that yell at me when I advise them where they need to put their decals...

too nice, man, too nice...

Bit of a weird ask, but my road car is due an annual NYS inspection and getting it done in the city is a pain. Does anyone know of a garage in the vicinity of the circuit that would be a good option for a quick renewal on the Friday afternoon?

Walmart and Smalley's are both in town. There are probably others in town. There's also Valley Auto Center ~10 minutes down Rt 414. Fairly certain they do inspections. I don't have any experience with these places, but I'd probably start with Valley. 

If you want to travel 20+ minutes each way, there are many options in the Horseheads/Big Flats/Corning area. 

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to meeting our pit-partners and getting out on track in 2019, although it seems like the clever and subtle irony of our team name has been overlooked this time.....

image.png.850426b674cdc1b47525e657022f7ca1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

QUESTION!

Does any one have room in their trailer and ability to take a car from the Watkins Glen race to "somewhere in the north east?"   

I'm sending a car up with Mike Ogren that will be picked up the day (or two) after the WGI race.   It was going to be picked up that weekend,  but we'll be at New Hampshire Motorspeedway the same dates and won't be able to get it from the Sahlens at the Glen.   

It can be picked up right after the weekend. 

Any race shops at or near WGI that can store a car for a couple days?

Thanks,

Brian 

1 hour ago, bam said:

QUESTION!

Does any one have room in their trailer and ability to take a car from the Watkins Glen race to "somewhere in the north east?"   

I'm sending a car up with Mike Ogren that will be picked up the day (or two) after the WGI race.   It was going to be picked up that weekend,  but we'll be at New Hampshire Motorspeedway the same dates and won't be able to get it from the Sahlens at the Glen.   

Thanks,

Brian 

The Little Speed Shop has a space at the end of the garage.  I have no idea if they would do this, but it would be worth asking.  There main location is in Rochester -> https://www.thelittlespeedshop.com/

6 hours ago, bam said:

QUESTION!

Thanks,

Brian 

Where is it’s final destination?

14 hours ago, shutupracing said:

Where is it’s final destination?

Peterborough New Hampshire, but we can pick it up any where in the North East.