Huggy

PF08 - Cheapest place or supporting vendor

Time to buy brake pads for the 2019 season.

Is there a 2019 supporting vendor for PF brakes, or is there a place that gives a good deal on these things?  

thanks

Have you checked with Frozen Rotors, or KB or KNS brakes, or G loc? I think they are all series supporters.  Possibly Discovery Parts too. 

Edited by mcoppola

Front Rear Shipping Discount Total Notes
  278.08.17.44 279.08.16.44        
Bimmerworld 141.99 132.99 13   287.98 Fronts OOS
Discovery Parts 142.45 132.95 0 -27.5 247.9 Cant remember Chumpcar Voucher Code, must call
KNS Brakes 142.45 132.95 0   275.4 Local, no shipping (Tax)
Frozen Rotors 149.95 139.95 18.21   308.11  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

^^^ now to check who gives the best champcar discount. FR used to be 15% IIRC. 

Doesn't matter.  Their price is more than 5% higher

To Ron @DiscoveryParts we go

• Like 2

+1 for discovery, they've been great to buy from for me.    On the topic, I've been buying my cryo rotors from tirerack.  anyone beating their prices?

11 minutes ago, theblue said:

+1 for discovery, they've been great to buy from for me.    On the topic, I've been buying my cryo rotors from tirerack.  anyone beating their prices?

We just buy cheap CTEK brand from Rock Auto, good for 2-3 races easily. Last set was a champ, did RA, Daytona, AMP, 2 DE weekends and 7hrs at Sebring before one cracked.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theblue said:

9 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

We just buy cheap CTEK brand from Rock Auto, good for 2-3 races easily. Last set was a champ, did RA, Daytona, AMP, 2 DE weekends and 7hrs at Sebring before one cracked.

FCP euro.  

59 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

Always been weary of the return shipping cost. Whats the break even point?

It fits it ships box with all four rotors.  So unless you can bear $20/set

2 hours ago, NigelStu said:

Just seeing this now. Too bad. I just bought a set from OG Racing. Bimmerworld was out of stock. Great price on fronts at Apex for $120. 

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

It fits it ships box with all four rotors.  So unless you can bear $20/set

Yep. FCP Euro works out well for rotors. I usually send back the failed rotors with some other broken parts. 

7 hours ago, shoup said:

FCP Euro

I have heard whispers and exclamations of a amazing warranty for those driving bmw, can someone please explain it now that I am suddenly paying a bunch more attn.?

20 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

I have heard whispers and exclamations of a amazing warranty for those driving bmw, can someone please explain it now that I am suddenly paying a bunch more attn.?

if they sell it on the website, it comes with a no-questions ask 100% replacement policy.

Just buy it again, then file a return claim and mail the old thing back within 182 days, and you will get a full refund.

Racing use is OK.

Engine Fluids are included.

Wear items are included.

Yes, its real. 

Here are my two boxes that are going out tomorrow.  For $36 in USPS it-fits-it-ships, im getting a full set of rotors, a clutch kit, an injector, and a few other random seals and bits.  In the past, I have managed to get all 4 rotors in one box.  The clutch kit was a no-go though.

IMG_7358.JPG

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Engine Fluids are included

I can mail used oil back to them for warranty/refund ?!?

20 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

I can mail used oil back to them for warranty/refund ?!?

Yes,

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Liqui-moly oil.  This is pretty good stuff.  I use it in my street cars.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/5w30-top-tec-4605-engine-oil-5-liter-liqui-moly-lm2244

Redline Trans fluid

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/redline-automatic-transmission-fluid-30805

11 hours ago, Huggy said:

Just buy it again, then file a return claim and mail the old thing back within 182 days, and you will get a full refund.

What's with the 182 days? I've returned an insane amount of stuff to FCP but don't recall anything about 182 days. I think once they gave me store credit instead of my money back, but fundamentally that didn't matter as I'm seemingly always ordering more parts for this or that.

If / when FCP E change this policy or go out of business - I wonder if it will be because people did things they never expected like mail in used motor oil. Personal decision to exploit for personal gain, regardless of the (potential) harm to others (e.g. the business is out of business when a customer has a reasonable warranty claim).

I wonder why Land's End had to end their similar policy? Did the benefit the people who abused the policy causing it to end help or hurt in the aggregate?

(sorry for rant - this is a societal pet peeve - just because you can should be the reason to do anything - and a reasonable person standard makes the world a better place)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, CBraden said:

If / when FCP E change this policy or go out of business - I wonder if it will be because people did things they never expected like mail in used motor oil. Personal decision to exploit for personal gain, regardless of the (potential) harm to others (e.g. the business is out of business when a customer has a reasonable warranty claim).

I wonder why Land's End had to end their similar policy? Did the benefit the people who abused the policy causing it to end help or hurt in the aggregate?

(sorry for rant - this is a societal pet peeve - just because you can should be the reason to do anything - and a reasonable person standard makes the world a better place)

Before you judge others, please do some basic clicking of links.

image.thumb.png.3216184441b1cafab38e04376fcf94d7.png

image.thumb.png.ccad570c5160a99d2561f1ce29259484.png

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, CBraden said:

I agree wholeheartedly @CBraden. I wonder what percentage of their customers send back "parts" such as used motor oil, gaskets or filters?

My guess is just the ones that want to take advantage of a good thing for their own gain, just as you said.

• Haha 1

Blown away after seeing the vid

They seem dedicated, I am not going to be sending used oil but I would buy bearings/chassis/struts and brakes from them if this return behavior is expected and encouraged.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

I agree wholeheartedly @CBraden. I wonder what percentage of their customers send back "parts" such as used motor oil, gaskets or filters?

My guess is just the ones that want to take advantage of a good thing for their own gain, just as you said.

Ummmmmm, yes. Just like FCP suggests.

This thread delivers.