Sign in to follow this  
Rapido

2019 ChampCar Sim Series - Round 1, Road Atlanta - 1/16/2019, 1/23/2019, 1/30/2019

Not sure if Keary Morris is on the forum here, if not I'll shoot him an iRacing message. I just wanted to apologize for the contact in the esses. I misjudged the gap and It's all on me for making the contact. I feel bad you had to tow and retire. I know it doesn't help now, but there is a fast repair for races. 

Good race for the most part, would of liked a better finish but I decided I wanted a T-Bone steak instead.  Running in 7th and I caught Justin Hall coming back across the track after he contact with the outside wall.  Dropped both of us into the low 20's.  Climbed back into 17th.  Better luck next time I suppose.  

And my last name is Niseley (spelled Kniseley...ignore the K) you guys did great job on the broadcast BTW.

Edited by Jab31169
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thank you to all who came out to race tonight, it was a great field and, though there were some scrapes, the quality of racing was very high. I will post the updated points here tomorrow, once the west coast round is complete, but, for now, please enjoy the replay of the broadcast:

• Like 2

Thanks for an awesome event Tom! That was my first ever league race and hearing my name in the live commentary was pretty surreal.

Sorry to Jason Gotta for pulling across his nose in the battle for 7th and causing that incident 20 minutes in, total rookie mistake.

Looking forward to Sonoma!

-Hyder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad it seems like almost everyone enjoyed the racing and the broadcast! I'll be making post race recaps after every points round. 

Good luck all, I think we have a fierce championship battle on our hands.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Had a great time racing with everyone!  Despite having some incidental contact early in the race that put me down a number of positions, this was one of the best-driven, cleanest races I've done so far.  Looking forward to the next one!

- W. Robbins

Edited by Hailwood
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, David Haines said:

Glad it seems like almost everyone enjoyed the racing and the broadcast!

Great job on the broadcast. Hope to join you all in the booth one of these days.

BTW, Brew Krewe Racing are my comments.

• Like 1

Man that was a race! I struggled in practice and qualifying but I think really held my own during the race. I'm Jacob Hiller, driver/Crew for Love Racing. See y'all on the 9th!

I actually got up to 7th before I had to pit, I pitted pretty late but not too bad for me considering my back-of-the-pack grid position.

Pitted. Didn't know I could change how much fuel I took so I took the full 12.7 gal when all I needed was 3.5 gal. So the car was heavy and the pit stop ran long.

AND I accidentally used my "Quick repair" on that stop to repair the rear bumper ( someone nudged my rear early on). So, with five min left and me fighting my way back into the teens I downshift early when trying to late brake someone and BOOM, blew the engine.
So I get towed to the pits and have a 30 min repair time. Cracked a cold one and enjoyed spectating.
  • Like 2

+1  the racing and the broadcast were great!    Quickest way to get some publicity, either win or bin it in a wall.  I went for the latter!

See below for the championship standings following Round 1. For those drivers who competed in both Atlantic and Pacific championship rounds, I have reached out to you via iRacing to confirm the championship for which you wish to declare eligibility this year. For those who haven't replied yet, I have used my best judgment, but please let me know if you wish to change this before Round 2.

As you can see, we are still a little light on participants for the Pacific Division, so if you know of anyone that might be interested, please send them the details.

Thread for Sonoma will go up this weekend, see you on track soon!

Atlantic Division
Place Driver Points Wins Poles Fastest Laps
1 John D. Allen 50 1 1 1
2 Jason Stehney 46 0 0 0
3 Thomas Ellison 42 0 0 0
4 Alex Koffard 39 0 0 0
5 Alex Albert 36 0 0 0
6 Andrew Fawcett 34 0 0 0
7 Grayson Bedolli 32 0 0 0
8 Shane Norton 31 0 0 0
9 Matthew Smith30 30 0 0 0
10 Benjamin Schaut 29 0 0 0

Pacific Division
Place Driver Points Wins Poles Fastest Laps
1 David Haines 50 1 1 1
2 Chris Kniseley 46 0 0 0
3 Joe Boyd 42 0 0 0
4 Alexander Cawthon 39 0 0 0
5 Marc Antonucci 36 0 0 0
6 James Wolak 34 0 0 0
7 Nicholas Johnson5 32 0 0 0
8 Joseph Bungert 31 0 0 0

Edited by Rapido
  • Like 2

On 1/30/2019 at 10:39 PM, Jab31169 said:

Good race for the most part, would of liked a better finish but I decided I wanted a T-Bone steak instead.  Running in 7th and I caught Justin Hall coming back across the track after he contact with the outside wall.  Dropped both of us into the low 20's.  Climbed back into 17th.  Better luck next time I suppose.  

And my last name is Niseley (spelled Kniseley...ignore the K) you guys did great job on the broadcast BTW.

Just getting around to creating an account.  My apologies again on that...I've gone through that rut out of turn 5 flat out a number of times and never had it pivot the car to the right like it did. I'll definitely be putting in more practice and doing my best to prevent such errors in the future.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Justin Hall said:

Just getting around to creating an account.  My apologies again on that...I've gone through that rut out of turn 5 flat out a number of times and never had it pivot the car to the right like it did. I'll definitely be putting in more practice and doing my best to prevent such errors in the future.

All good Justin, 100% racing incident.  Thanks for all the apologies, look forward to running with ya in the future races!

• Like 2

I didn't make it to the this race but I wanted to jump in here to say that I watched the full race broadcast yesterday and I really enjoyed it, it was very well done and I'm really excited about this year's series.  I'm planning on running Sonoma.

• Like 2