smahaley

SOLD For Sale: 1988 Acura Integra, runs, ready to race

Team Integrenader now under new ownership!  Congratulations to Aaron, Brian, Rob (and others).  Drive it like you stole it!

==========

Team Integrenader is letting go of the car:  1988 Acura Integra with stock D16 motor.  This is a GREAT car for someone just starting out.  Details follow.

Engine:  D16 stock with new distributor, plugs, recent valve job (replaced, surfacing), ARP studs, K&N filter

Safety:  Full cage modified in 2017 (Competition Cages, Hillsborough NC) to include additional right-side bar.  Large-size Fire Sense extinguishing system with 3 nozzles on the driver and 2 in the engine bay.  2018 window net.  2017 update to 5-point harness.  Corbeau seat with slider - for drivers at 5'6" to 6'3" (comfortably).

Transmission:  stock 5 speed.

Suspension:  Aftermarket shocks (cheaters).

Wheels:  17" with spacers.  ORIGINAL stock wheels included.

Brakes:  EBC setup at present on the front; Hawk pads in the rear.

Body:  Recent additions of lexan on the rear and up front, with LED bars for that super-fun night driving.

Comfort:  Cool suit cooler (home made!) - works like a charm.

Sentimental:  This car has run at VIR multiple times, AMP at least once (for a 7x7) and Charlotte at least 3 times. 

Performance:  During our time with it, we have run at 5 events, and finished 3 of them.  Not fast, but consistent, and a great car for a novice team to take on.  The last race was April of 2018 at Charlotte and we finished the 14 hours.

Issues:  Likely will need some rings before too long, and the right rear light is 86'ed due to an unfortunate interaction with a tire wall.

Log book:  check, plus documentation of various items over the years, and a couple of 

Additional parts:  Engine bits and pieces, new brake master, salvaged instrument cluster, brake parts, etc.

HANS device:  Will need to be sent off for inspection.  $200

(SOLD) CAR PRICE:  $1800

(SOLD) TOW DOLLY PRICE:  $800 - very low miles, all documentation.  

SUIT (tall - 6' to 6'5) , HELMET, COOLSHIRT, GLOVES, SHOES - let's talk.

Contact Steve at acarson1@gmail.com, or reply here.  

At VIR:  

int-1.jpg

int-2.jpg

int-3.jpg

int-4.jpg

int-5.jpg

int-6.jpg

int-7.jpg

int-8.jpg

int-9.jpg

int-10.jpg

int-11.jpg

Edited by smahaley

I love that the integrenader is still running strong!  Here's what it looked like when Jason Tower and I bought it back in 2009 to run in that citrus series.  I'm assuming it's still the same tub.    Does it still have a sunroof button for a starter switch?  I have a bunch of pictures of the original build if anyone is interested :)

QW1XmowEYHs35kGJUDd0qtvMKpjTDtj_yCzYJiOB

• Like 2

Great deal! And I have 2 engines and trans available for this car! 1 unused JDM engine (less than 45k), 1 good running engine. 1 stock JDM trans, 1 D16z6 trans with an M-Factory LSD. No grinds or pops. A bunch of spare parts. (alternators, starters, distributors, JDM and P28 ECU, etc.) $2000 for all of it.

I am one of the co-owners of this slow, but fun car. I am sad to move on. As I read through the description, I see Steve notes it may need rings at some point. I think he states this because we do see some smoke when she starts up, but oil consumption has not been an issue. I think we went through less than 1 quart of oil at Charlotte driving about 11 hours. And there are no issues with power, what little it has. I think it has a top speed of 115 on the backside of Charlotte. I believe all it needs to race again is to fix the tail lights and change the oil. With the dolly, it is ready to tow to the next race. We towed it with a Subaru Outback. For anyone looking to get into racing, this is an awesome car to start with and get some seat time. I think all our team drivers will also be looking to part with our personal gear too. Steve will surely convey all that into to interested buyers.

Drive it like ya stole it!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Great starter/development car.

Yes - terrific car for folks to get started in!

18 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

The price is a steal!

Yep - it is awesome; come and get it!

21 hours ago, whitney said:

I love that the integrenader is still running strong!  Here's what it looked like when Jason Tower and I bought it back in 2009 to run in that citrus series.  I'm assuming it's still the same tub.    Does it still have a sunroof button for a starter switch?  I have a bunch of pictures of the original build if anyone is interested :)

QW1XmowEYHs35kGJUDd0qtvMKpjTDtj_yCzYJiOB

THAT'S IT!  Yes sunroof switch is the starter button :)  Alex and I bought it from Charlie M.  

Edited by smahaley

19 hours ago, afreenc said:

I am one of the co-owners of this slow, but fun car. I am sad to move on. As I read through the description, I see Steve notes it may need rings at some point. I think he states this because we do see some smoke when she starts up, but oil consumption has not been an issue. I think we went through less than 1 quart of oil at Charlotte driving about 11 hours. And there are no issues with power, what little it has. I think it has a top speed of 115 on the backside of Charlotte. I believe all it needs to race again is to fix the tail lights and change the oil. With the dolly, it is ready to tow to the next race. We towed it with a Subaru Outback. For anyone looking to get into racing, this is an awesome car to start with and get some seat time. I think all our team drivers will also be looking to part with our personal gear too. Steve will surely convey all that into to interested buyers.

Drive it like ya stole it!!

Thanks for weighing in on this Alex.  Yep -I went out yesterday and cranked it right up....

I just parted out an 87 race car and have a bunch of parts that would make great spares. I would let them go cheap if you take them all. Need the space and whatever I can't use in my Civic is up for grabs.  Mainly suspension pieces. You can always use those....