Bill Strong

TireRack.com ChampCar Endurance Series

TIRE RACK STRENGTHENS SUPPORT OF GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS WITH CHAMPCAR TITLE SPONSORSHIP

ChampCar Endurance Series Celebrates 10 Years of Racing with New Title Sponsor and Venues SOUTH BEND, Indiana (JANUARY 17, 2019) –

TireRack.com, America’s largest independent tire tester and consumer-direct source for tires, wheels and performance accessories, today announced its expansion into the world of endurance racing with the title sponsorship of the TireRack.com ChampCar Endurance Series. Entering its 10th season with 29 events scheduled for the year, the ChampCar Endurance Series provides the simplest path to real road racing. From Daytona International Speedway and WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca to Watkins Glen International and – new this year – the road course at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, ChampCar provides the opportunity for teams of drivers at all levels to compete on the most renowned tracks in all of motorsports.

“It’s a perfect match, really,” says ChampCar CEO Mike Chisek. “We’re excited about working with Tire Rack and their experienced marketing and customer service teams which have a history of great support to grassroots racers. We believe that our members will benefit from our close partnership, and they’ll be excited to promote a company that they already have established relationships with. Our new partnership lends great credence to who we are as a club and only furthers the growth of both the Tire Rack and ChampCar organizations.”

To celebrate the new sponsorship, ChampCar will be awarding a free set of tires through Tire Rack to the winner of a random drawing at the drivers’ meeting at each event starting in 2019. Tire Rack.com ChampCar Endurance Series broadcasts the majority of their events over YouTube and Facebook Live so that participants can share their adventure with upwards of 150,000 world-wide viewers via live race day coverage.

“We share the passion for motorsports and the camaraderie that drives each and every participant in the Tire Rack.com ChampCar Endurance Series.,” explained Matt Edmonds executive vice president at Tire Rack. “Whether behind the wheel or supporting the drivers, it is the diverse experience level of each team member, all competing on the same track over many cycles of the clock that truly makes ChampCar unique and exciting.

“Endurance racing also means the management of wear and performance of the race car’s tires. That’s something that every team is looking to maximize,” he continued, “and we truly appreciate.”

The 2019 TireRack.com ChampCar Endurance Series will engage over 4,000 competitors this season. While some drivers will be looking to hone their skills for their professional work, others will approach it simply as “motorsports therapy” – all in an environment where safety while having fun is the top priority.

For more information and a complete schedule of events, please visit the TireRack.com ChampCar Endurance Series website at champcar.org.

About Tire Rack

Tire Rack, family-owned and headquartered in South Bend, Indiana, is America’s largest independent tire tester and consumer-direct source for tires, wheels and performance accessories. Their team of over 100 test drivers (their sales team) tests tires from every major tire manufacturer on the company’s state-of-the-art, 11.7-acre test facility. The findings are then posted on the company’s website, www.tirerack.com, where consumers can make an educated decision on a tire, wheel or performance accessory purchase.

About ChampCar Endurance Series

ChampCar is the simplest path to real wheel-to-wheel road racing! ChampCar Endurance Series is member driven organization and is for people like you that have always wanted to go road racing without all the hassles, huge rulebook, or obscene expense. All you need is a valid driver’s license, some safety gear, and a race car, which you can rent from arrive and drive teams, or build your own car! You can watch our races live at www.ChampCar.live or visit our website at www.champcar.org for more information. ###

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Everyone needs to ask for Luke @ ext. 4362 when they order tires.   

Do we get any champcar discount?

The 'discount' is baked in to lowered entry fees for all entrants. We all win. Thank you  ChampCar staff and volunteers for all that you do. TireRack is a great partner to have on board. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So this means we can take the "Maxxis" decals off the car now?  I see they are no longer lisited as a sponsor (and Tire Rack doesn't carry the anyway...)

6 minutes ago, craig71188 said:

So this means we can take the "Maxxis" decals off the car now?  I see they are no longer lisited as a sponsor (and Tire Rack doesn't carry the anyway...)

Take them off. 

• Like 1

New BCCR is out and tells you exactly how you need your decals installed now.

here is a hint.

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 2.13.45 PM.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, craig71188 said:

I hope you have better luck removing them than I did, ended up repainting both fenders. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I hope you have better luck removing them than I did, ended up repainting both fenders. 

That adhesive is TERRIBLE!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rod rammage said:

The 'discount' is baked in to lowered entry fees for all entrants. We all win. Thank you  ChampCar staff and volunteers for all that you do. TireRack is a great partner to have on board. Well done.

Entry fees went up by about 15% for 2019.  Tire Rack is nice to have on board thou.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rod rammage said:

When did the entry fees go down?  

I imagine expenses and long term viability planning costs went up and hence, the accorded 15% increase. Around where I live, there's a lot of stuff that has gone up more than 15% in the last 12 months. Thank god we don't live in Venezuela though.

Just now, Snake said:

When did the entry fees go down?  

When I say lowered, I reflected that the entry fees without title sponsorship would by default be higher than what they have been all these years.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

Everyone needs to ask for Luke @ ext. 4362 when they order tires.   

this.  always deal with Luke.

Why do we have to deal with Luke? Is he your friend and you don't like him so you want to subject him to as much torture as possible by dealing with us? Or is he just a cool dude? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pintodave said:

Why do we have to deal with Luke? Is he your friend and you don't like him so you want to subject him to as much torture as possible by dealing with us? Or is he just a cool dude? 

Super cool

Edited by Jab31169

8 hours ago, pintodave said:

LOL!

Luke has always been super helpful when I call, they sell more than just tires.  We buy all our brake pads and rotors thru tire rack too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

All the decals used in this series are butt terrible to remove. Even with a heat gun. 

2 hours ago, TiredBirds said:

I guess that means NEW number panels and NEW windshield decals and NEW stickrs all over? 

The windshield decals and number plates won't change for at least 3 years.  Tire Rack has options for years 4 and 5 as well.

All of the series sponsors are in for 3 years but one.  

We tried to make it better for everyone so you're not always changing out decals from year to year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

New BCCR is out and tells you exactly how you need your decals installed now.

here is a hint.

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 2.13.45 PM.png

SN95 ftw.   😁

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

SN95 ftw.   😁

What kind of hood is on it?

• Haha 6

white vinyl over CF covered fiberglass. Only best for my artwork.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2