Sign in to follow this  
Mopar 4 Life

Cool shirt/suit fittings

So I am starting a little side project for my war wagon. I have found a 60 quart cooler that will fit underneath my wagon next to the air tank. I was thinking about making a cool shirt box for the pits. 

I am am getting hung up on where to find the fittings that our shirts use. Anyone know the trade name for them or a good place to buy them?

Found a cheaper spot for the fittings here

http://www.freshwatersystems.com/

These are the plastic connector kind

APCD17006SH

These are the metal connector kind

PLCD17006

Both of the above P/N are for 3/8" tubing.

For Break-away, I don't use any connector clamps between the hose and my cooler (which has barb fittings coming out of it) nor on the above fittings at the other end of the hose, between the shirt and the hose.  If i'm in a hurry, they will pull away or the tubing will pull off the cooler, with the added benefit of water then going everywhere.

Edit:

A bit of detail on the fittings - Look at your shirt and decide what you have first.

The metal ones work with either design, but can give trouble latching into place with the fittings designed for the plastic ones.

The plastic ones ONLY work with the matching fittings.

Plastic

image.png.0f0258c266100e2ef1840ff565ea8bce.png

Metal

image.thumb.png.88fec5f86d489d05974168b75aab6899.png

Edited by Huggy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got the fittings yesterday,

they fit perfect on my cool shirt brand OEM fittings.  

FD15935D-FBB7-43CD-8E15-232E264BA5C2.jpeg

BDFB868E-7125-4835-91EB-3D511A341E5B.jpeg

• Like 2

Do they  breakaway? We  have a high pressure pump that necessitated zip tying fittings to hose to keep them from blowing off 

20 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Do they  breakaway? We  have a high pressure pump that necessitated zip tying fittings to hose to keep them from blowing off 

What pump do you use?  These are not the breakaway fittings.

These are the breakaway version - Note  you will need to change the male side of the coupling also to make this work properly AFAIK

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/bacd17006-valved-hose-barb-coupling-body-3-8-id-barb

Just found this option also - could be pretty awesome

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/products/dtld17006-valved-in-line-dual-hose-barb-coupling-body-3-8-id-barb

Edited by Huggy
  • Thanks 1

All is well right now but no spares, looking for something universally compatible for the occasional renter.

Amazon

Sea Flo SFDP1-012-35-21

9 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

All is well right now but no spares, looking for something universally compatible for the occasional renter.

Amazon

Sea Flo SFDP1-012-35-21

Thats not really the right pump for this application.  Its also only rated for intermittent duty cycle.  Its a diaphragm pump, so it will also wear out eventually.

http://www.seaflo.com/en-us/product/detail/601.html

Im not sure what the pressure head is on a pump going through a shirt - I will hook up a guage on mine once I get it rebuilt and report back.  I would recommend a centrifugal bilge pump instead of a diaphragm pump.  Added benefit being its lighter!

39 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Thats not really the right pump for this application.  Its also only rated for intermittent duty cycle.  Its a diaphragm pump, so it will also wear out eventually.

http://www.seaflo.com/en-us/product/detail/601.html

Im not sure what the pressure head is on a pump going through a shirt - I will hook up a guage on mine once I get it rebuilt and report back.  I would recommend a centrifugal bilge pump instead of a diaphragm pump.  Added benefit being its lighter!

When renting a seat I copied another racers tried and true setup, worked well

Pre-purchace I looked up the specs, if I remember correctly, pulls water up 3 or 4 feet, the duty cycle was 120min on, 5 min off, has pressure cutoff to be used as a sink or sprayer pump, and can be run dry indefinitely... aside from initially blowing a line on each person it has renewed our faith in running a cooler at all.