Jump to content
Indysupra

Any teams taking advantage of the new vpi list?

Recommended Posts

There are some cheap ones out there. I got this one for less than most running e30’s go for. Put the plug wires on correctly the next day and it was a totally different car from when purchased. 

We have had great reliability will both of the champ cars that we have built/ran. We are going thru this one from top to bottom like we have in the past and hope for the same reliability. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tommytipover said:

 

Everything is fun to race

Its good that people think that, and that they have fun doing it.   Some people say golf is fun too.   :)

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything is fun to race!

 

 I will be in a stock neon in March, top speeds may exceed  19 or 20 mph! 

 

Sidenote: no golf clubs here

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than one of our family's racecars can't break 120mph but they're still a riot!

 

I look forward to more B-spec crossover teams. I feel kind of dumb not bringing our '08 B-spec prep'd Mini out to play at the longer races. I think that car is sub 400 points in SCCA spec and will make it on fuel....

 

We're planning to start a build we dreamed up years ago soon. Current points structure is much more friendly than it was a few years back for what we want to do (low VPI chassis with a bunch of bolt ons).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about the list. But since the "parts points" have kept falling we have at least 100 points to use up and I can't really think of what else to add. I guess We could drop a Supercharger or Turbo on the car, but then we'd have to dump a bunch of cash on a fuel cell.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mender said:

Three more years and turbos will be free, too.

only if you run certain makes of car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wittenauer Racing said:

More than one of our family's racecars can't break 120mph but they're still a riot!

 

I look forward to more B-spec crossover teams. I feel kind of dumb not bringing our '08 B-spec prep'd Mini out to play at the longer races. I think that car is sub 400 points in SCCA spec and will make it on fuel....

 

We're planning to start a build we dreamed up years ago soon. Current points structure is much more friendly than it was a few years back for what we want to do (low VPI chassis with a bunch of bolt ons).

Its crazy how "fast"  one can get around a track with a small light car.   HP pfft   

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TiredBirds said:

I don't know about the list. But since the "parts points" have kept falling we have at least 100 points to use up and I can't really think of what else to add. I guess We could drop a Supercharger or Turbo on the car, but then we'd have to dump a bunch of cash on a fuel cell.  

Adjustable shocks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Adjustable shocks

 

Already spent too much on Bilsteins... lol and they work GREAT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Its crazy how "fast"  one can get around a track with a small light car.   HP pfft   

 Why use a tack hammer when swinging a sledge is much more fun?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Snorman said:

 Why use a tack hammer when swinging a sledge is much more fun?

cuz sometimes its real funny watching folks swing the sledge trying to catch the hammer.      And some of up just have tack hammer budgets.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Snorman said:

 Why use a tack hammer when swinging a sledge is much more fun?

 

3 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

cuz sometimes its real funny watching folks swing the sledge trying to catch the hammer.      And some of up just have tack hammer budgets.

 

Haha, I love the analogy. I'd definitely hurt myself with a sledge hammer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

cuz sometimes its real funny watching folks swing the sledge trying to catch the hammer.      And some of up just have tack hammer budgets.

Maybe "sometimes", but not all the time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JDChristianson said:

 And some of up just have tack hammer budgets.

 

Yep, I'm sure we're not the most shoestring team, but for an average weekend we'll be saving $400 or so in transport and fuel costs. Do that 3 or 4 weekends and now we can afford another event!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 2:42 PM, red0 said:

There are many new builds I know of. 

Boxsters
S2Ks

Datsuns 
etc. etc. 

All new cars at 500 points. 

I was concerned about some of these new fast cars, but then I was reminded of a bunch of 1960 sprites racing other antiques in SCCA. Soon cars like the E30 and even the E36 will be getting rare, and it is good for the series to allow modern cars of reasonable performance into the VPI list. 

So whata building? 

 

Who is building a datsun and what?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

 

Who is building a datsun and what?????

 

I am not at liberty to disclose that confidential information :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, Team Infiniti said:

Ummm, we already have a heavy, hungry, fast v8 car that has dispatched every c4 it has met, the whole point of building something different is to reduce weight and consumables without hurting speed or reliability.

Should say wrong year of car.  Crossfire low on HP compared to later models not to mention factory aluminum heads starting in 86

 

There are a many many C4 with automatic transmission and you might know a few things about that.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currious when someone breaks out a r56 taking advantage of some of the full chump rules. Wonder who will also then try to clear a JCW through like the Cobra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...