Sign in to follow this  
Gkuhn41

Differentials Learn Me!

Ok.  So with the additional information provided, my opinion is this:

Your buddy would go faster with an open diff, because he isn’t driving the car the way it wants to be driven.  You, on the other hand, would be slower with an open diff.  He should focus on learning how to hustle the car the way you do and all will be good.   Maybe after that you look at an LSD, but I bet you’ll decide you don’t need it. 

19 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

-40?  You must be located near me lol.

Tell him to buck up.  I've had drivers complain about the diff, but all have learned that they're just driving the car incorrectly.

Im about 25 miles north of Green Bay. I woke up to -26 yesterday and it was blowing 30. My wife keeps asking why we live here, i dont have a very good answer right now.

April road america is only 3 months away!

3 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

You need to turn the spot meter on - the video wouldn’t wash out if it was on. 

This ^  100x

Makes a big difference, especially with a dark interior.

1 minute ago, Racer28173 said:

You need to turn the spot meter on - the video wouldn’t wash out if it was on. 

Ill pass that along to the "camera guy" I dont do the tech stuff. I worry about nuts bolts, air fuel ratio, corner weights, stuff that makes the car better, faster, stronger. I prefer a wrench over a cord. 

I enjoy watching the car compete more than driving it actually...Driving is a seriously nice perk but watching a car finish an endurance race that you prepped yourself is pretty dang cool.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Gkuhn41 said:

Ill pass that along to the "camera guy" I dont do the tech stuff. I worry about nuts bolts, air fuel ratio, corner weights, stuff that makes the car better, faster, stronger. I prefer a wrench over a cord. 

I enjoy watching the car compete more than driving it actually...Driving is a seriously nice perk but watching a car finish an endurance race that you prepped yourself is pretty dang cool.

I gave up driving completely. I discovered that if you build a fast race winning car it is much easier to attract fast drivers to wheel it….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Before going to an lsd you might want to consider trying an open diff with either stiffer front springs or a bigger bar. LSDs are a good thing but can be a bandaid. Going to an open diff the car will feel much looser because there will be significantly less rolling resistance on turn in. 

• Thanks 1