Mario Korf

Test-tune day before Watkins Glen

How many teams are interested in a test-and-tune day two days before, or the weekend before, the Watkins Glen race? I belong to an auto club 75 miles from the Glen that has a 1.1 mile road course. It's a great place to shake down a car before the big race. I'm not trying to take business away from the scheduled test the day before the race, and this is just a feeler to see if anyone is interested in a pre-pre-test day. If you're interested, what do you think is a fair price for one car and all team members to drive for the day? 

The track.

A blog post I wrote on a day at the track. 

Screenshot 2019-02-01 07.30.50.png

Edited by Mario Korf
Add links
  • Confused 1

Oh cool, so most people will probably attend that test day, so I've edited the post to see if anyone wants to do a test two days before, or the weekend before. Thanks!

Edited by Mario Korf
  • Thanks 1

Mario,  I'm a local team from Rochester.  I would like to see if we can work something out for testing when needed.  I'll PM you.

Hey Mario.  We've been talking about the need for a shakedown but it depends when we get the car back together and which event we choose to kick off the season.  You can put us on the "interested" list for sure.

• Like 1

Sure thing Tom, your team is why I suggested this to Pineview. Other teams are surely in the same situation with respect to pre-season testing, and there's not much going on up at the club until summer. But we'll get a smattering of nice days here and there, hopefully before you run your first event.