Sign in to follow this  
Alchemy Autosport

Good deal? 2000 F350

I have this opportunity and I think it's a decent deal.but I am not 💯 sure about it as I don't know much about this generation other than the 7.3 is amazing. 

232,000 miles

Single owner 82 years old

Leer topper

Line X bed

Diamond plate toolbox in bed

7 new Cooper tires

Located in AZ but will deliver to me in socal for free. 

Looking for opinions. Thanks guys!!

101970.jpeg

101971.jpeg

101968.jpeg

101969.jpeg

Little high but prob worth it to stay away from the newer generations of garbage.

Couple of questions should be asked, when was the front end and trans redone last?

• Thanks 1

Ben in a heart beat as it will run for ever if well maintained, if it was near me I would have serious interest. I had an F250 of the same year until last summer and folded it in half.

It had 286K miles and all I ever did is change oil/filter, brakes and rebuilt the front end. As Ed said the twin i-beams will wear fairly quickly and plan on ball joints every 75k miles 

and not too bad of job if you have the tools to press them out and in. Trans can be an issue if not serviced but I never had any failures with lots of heavy trailer pulling. We had it in Las Vegas

with the big black trailer when we met. As you said the 7.3 is a bullet proof motor only repair for me was the glow plug harness went bad, it is inside the valve covers in all the oil and with oil and heat got hot and cracked. Changed both sides at the same time and would suggest if not done you may wish to do that. (Oh wait you could care less about cold weather starting in Ca)

Price is good at 9K as my was not a dually and I settled for 8.5K with insurance.

1 hour ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

$9000

Just checked the rust free Florida market, looks like my perception on price is wrong, $9000 is plenty fair, go get it!

We are looking for a new tow rig right now and if this was in my area it would be in my driveway!  Good luck.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 55mini said:

Ben in a heart beat as it will run for ever if well maintained, if it was near me I would have serious interest. I had an F250 of the same year until last summer and folded it in half.

It had 286K miles and all I ever did is change oil/filter, brakes and rebuilt the front end. As Ed said the twin i-beams will wear fairly quickly and plan on ball joints every 75k miles 

and not too bad of job if you have the tools to press them out and in. Trans can be an issue if not serviced but I never had any failures with lots of heavy trailer pulling. We had it in Las Vegas

with the big black trailer when we met. As you said the 7.3 is a bullet proof motor only repair for me was the glow plug harness went bad, it is inside the valve covers in all the oil and with oil and heat got hot and cracked. Changed both sides at the same time and would suggest if not done you may wish to do that. (Oh wait you could care less about cold weather starting in Ca)

Price is good at 9K as my was not a dually and I settled for 8.5K with insurance.

Thats amazing to hear!!!!  I figured as much but I really appreciate the feedback, so thank you very much for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, red0 said:

For 9 grand you could get this bad boy:

s-l1600.jpg

Oh its been considered but we dont really have anywhere to put it and we need to be able to park on the street sometimes (Southern California Life) and commercial vehciles need temp permits to do so.  So that rules out these or box trucks unfortunately :( 

13 minutes ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

Oh its been considered but we dont really have anywhere to put it and we need to be able to park on the street sometimes (Southern California Life) and commercial vehciles need temp permits to do so.  So that rules out these or box trucks unfortunately :( 

@red0 has the bus registered as an RV.

1 minute ago, enginerd said:

@red0 has the bus registered as an RV.

in CA they are apparently VERY VERY ornery about that.  I buddy that runs lemons did it with a box truck but it ended up not being worth it dealing with the DMV.  And, in CA RVs have the same restriction as commercial vehicles for parking so a no go there as well.

Great truck for towing. I rode many miles with @55mini   Looks like 2 wheel drive. Don’t park on wet grass without a tow truck near by.   😂.   When going up hills don’t worry when suddenly it sounds like a b52 is under the hood. It’s just the cooling fans.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Great truck for towing. I rode many miles with @55mini   Looks like 2 wheel drive. Don’t park on wet grass without a tow truck near by.   😂.   When going up hills don’t worry when suddenly it sounds like a b52 is under the hood. It’s just the cooling fans.    

Honestly, I didnt want 4WD, which is harder to find on newer trucks when I was looking for 6.7s in Texas.  We just dont have any real need for it out here and its just more stuff to break...  But yea, I will make sure to keep a tow strap in the back, just in case ;) 

If the maintenance is up to date on that truck that's a deal. Jump on it. 7.3s don't make the most power, but they don't eat themselves either.

• Like 2

Up here that truck would probably sell for close to $11k or more if some young kid was willing to pay for it to "roll coal", there is a large demand for those 7.3's.  Great truck and a good deal!

• Like 1