Sign in to follow this  
turbogrill

Quickcar switch panel

I bought a QuickCar dashpanel for about $100 or so, expensive for set of switches but looks nice. For the price I figured it would be great quality (even if they have a lame name).

However it sucked, one of the crimps was sloppy and fell off. Luckly this happened during installation and not during a race.

Sad, because everything else looks nice but now I can't trust it...

Advice, stay away.

I used one for a few years in my CR-X. You are right. It looks good, but is very cheaply made. Luckily, knowing that- check all the connections to make sure they are tight. Also, the push button starter switch will go. I ordered a better aftermarket one after mine crapped out. Now it is all solid. Not used anymore, and in my box of race car spare parts, but solid.

we have quickcar switch panels in both cars, havn't had any issues.  the Moroso one was on back order when i bought the second quickcar one.    the one in the mazda is many years old and the bulbs have all burned out, but who cares really.

From county auctions I have a pile of these, individual blade fuses in back

image.png

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

Interesting, not likely to order, but interesting

What have you done with them? Pricing?

I've made a couple of gauge and switch panels. Pricing depends on size, material, number of holes, text, etc. I think this one was $80 or $90.

20161118_135546.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moroso had a bad switch from the factory.  Intermittently bad on the light circuit.  Luckily I have redundant circuits and caught it before Atlanta.  Not happy for $100+ each.