Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TiredBirds

2 1987 Chrysler Conquest · TSI

Recommended Posts

These are NOT mine, just listing for a fellow MOPAR fan. Have 2 Conquest TSI's for sale. I know a rolling shell is worth $1k, so I figured these 2 would be worth $1200.
Both are 5 spd. Red car has a clean title and an engine. From my understanding only missing the distributor(I don't know much about these cars). It has ran in the last 5 years. 
The black one is a parts car. Has a really good interior. It is an SHP car from what I've read online from looking at the coil overs. I don't have time to part out, selling both whole. Call Michael at 864-614-0394   These would make a good Champcar. 

 

blk1.jpg

blk2.jpg

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

whls.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have 3 cars worth of parts for these, so I don't think I need any more at the moment. I could always use more turbos, intercoolers, oil coolers, and radiators if you're willing to partially part the roller out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

I wonder how one would run with say a 5.2 Magnum? 

Better than a 3.9, not as good as a 5.9.  If you can fix the head cracking I think they actually run pretty good in stock trim.  Just crank up the boost.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, karman1970 said:

Better than a 3.9, not as good as a 5.9.  If you can fix the head cracking I think they actually run pretty good in stock trim.  Just crank up the boost.

or boost the 5.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

or boost the 5.2

Or boost a 5.9.  You're gonna be in EC anyway.

Edited by karman1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, karman1970 said:

Or boost a 5.9.  You're gonna be in EC anyway.

what is the VPI? the swap can't be much w/ the 5.2. It was a 230hp.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Starion
Year: 1987
VPi: 350
Car Weight: 2728
Original HP: 170
New HP: 230
Points Added to VPi: 211
--->NEW VPI: 561

 

3.0 Pentastar V6 with the same hp would be lighter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mender said:

Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Starion
Year: 1987
VPi: 350
Car Weight: 2728
Original HP: 170
New HP: 230
Points Added to VPi: 211
--->NEW VPI: 561

 

3.0 Pentastar V6 with the same hp would be lighter. 

 

Oops, I used Conquest, which in Champcar land is 73 pounds lighter somehow.  Still, puts you over the magic 500 number and there aren't any Pentastar-powered vehicles on the published VPI list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, karman1970 said:

 

Oops, I used Conquest, which in Champcar land is 73 pounds lighter somehow.  Still, puts you over the magic 500 number and there aren't any Pentastar-powered vehicles on the published VPI list.

I think karmann is right about the Pentastars. A 3.6 300hp all aluminum one would be nice...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mcoppola said:

I think karmann is right about the Pentastars. A 3.6 300hp all aluminum one would be nice...

hummmmm wonder how hard to get one in a 88 F-body.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

hummmmm wonder how hard to get one in a 88 F-body.... 

More difficult than dropping a 300hp GM 3.6 V6 in it I imagine.  Plus, points...  The way the calculator works, you get a flat 50 points until your PWR reaches 14.5:1.  At 12.6:1 it's 100 points,  200 points at 11.9.  11.3:1 is 400 points.  Basically, no way will the formula allow you to swap in 10:1 (based on their weight selection).  If you want that but don't want to be EC, you either have to lighten the heck out of it, pick a motor that responds really well to tuning and small bolt-ons, or forced induction.  Or just grab a late 4th gen F-body which is already 10:1 from the factory and lap the field fast enough to make up for gas.  WS6 or SS with an automatic and a trans cooler would be 495 points.  It's almost like they're begging someone to do it :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, karman1970 said:

More difficult than dropping a 300hp GM 3.6 V6 in it I imagine.  Plus, points...  The way the calculator works, you get a flat 50 points until your PWR reaches 14.5:1.  At 12.6:1 it's 100 points,  200 points at 11.9.  11.3:1 is 400 points.  Basically, no way will the formula allow you to swap in 10:1 (based on their weight selection).  If you want that but don't want to be EC, you either have to lighten the heck out of it, pick a motor that responds really well to tuning and small bolt-ons, or forced induction.  Or just grab a late 4th gen F-body which is already 10:1 from the factory and lap the field fast enough to make up for gas.  WS6 or SS with an automatic and a trans cooler would be 495 points.  It's almost like they're begging someone to do it :ph34r:

ours is a WS6 car 305/5speed (Gen III). We have the usual stuff and still have 100 points or so. I'd toy with a S/C or turbo, but then we'd have to go w/ a cell or pit at an hour and 15 minutes lol .  I think the Gen II's have a bigger gas tank and have a 150VPI. That gives you a TON to work with.  Maybe aluminum heads? 100 points right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TiredBirds said:

ours is a WS6 car 305/5speed (Gen III). We have the usual stuff and still have 100 points or so. I'd toy with a S/C or turbo, but then we'd have to go w/ a cell or pit at an hour and 15 minutes lol .  I think the Gen II's have a bigger gas tank and have a 150VPI. That gives you a TON to work with.  Maybe aluminum heads? 100 points right? 

 

Yeah, Gen 2 is the way to go if you wanna build an F-body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, karman1970 said:

 

Yeah, Gen 2 is the way to go if you wanna build an F-body.

except for the initial cost. For a nice solid body you're gonna pay $$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...