Sign in to follow this  
TiredBirds

2 1987 Chrysler Conquest · TSI

These are NOT mine, just listing for a fellow MOPAR fan. Have 2 Conquest TSI's for sale. I know a rolling shell is worth $1k, so I figured these 2 would be worth $1200.
Both are 5 spd. Red car has a clean title and an engine. From my understanding only missing the distributor(I don't know much about these cars). It has ran in the last 5 years. 
The black one is a parts car. Has a really good interior. It is an SHP car from what I've read online from looking at the coil overs. I don't have time to part out, selling both whole. Call Michael at 864-614-0394   These would make a good Champcar. 

blk1.jpg

blk2.jpg

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

whls.jpg

I already have 3 cars worth of parts for these, so I don't think I need any more at the moment. I could always use more turbos, intercoolers, oil coolers, and radiators if you're willing to partially part the roller out.

35 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

I wonder how one would run with say a 5.2 Magnum? 

Better than a 3.9, not as good as a 5.9.  If you can fix the head cracking I think they actually run pretty good in stock trim.  Just crank up the boost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, karman1970 said:

Better than a 3.9, not as good as a 5.9.  If you can fix the head cracking I think they actually run pretty good in stock trim.  Just crank up the boost.

or boost the 5.2

52 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

or boost the 5.2

Or boost a 5.9.  You're gonna be in EC anyway.

Edited by karman1970

18 hours ago, karman1970 said:

Or boost a 5.9.  You're gonna be in EC anyway.

what is the VPI? the swap can't be much w/ the 5.2. It was a 230hp.  

Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Starion
Year: 1987
VPi: 350
Car Weight: 2728
Original HP: 170
New HP: 230
Points Added to VPi: 211
--->NEW VPI: 561

3.0 Pentastar V6 with the same hp would be lighter. 

16 minutes ago, mender said:

Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Starion
Year: 1987
VPi: 350
Car Weight: 2728
Original HP: 170
New HP: 230
Points Added to VPi: 211
--->NEW VPI: 561

3.0 Pentastar V6 with the same hp would be lighter. 

Oops, I used Conquest, which in Champcar land is 73 pounds lighter somehow.  Still, puts you over the magic 500 number and there aren't any Pentastar-powered vehicles on the published VPI list.

Just now, karman1970 said:

Oops, I used Conquest, which in Champcar land is 73 pounds lighter somehow.  Still, puts you over the magic 500 number and there aren't any Pentastar-powered vehicles on the published VPI list.

I think karmann is right about the Pentastars. A 3.6 300hp all aluminum one would be nice...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mcoppola said:

I think karmann is right about the Pentastars. A 3.6 300hp all aluminum one would be nice...

hummmmm wonder how hard to get one in a 88 F-body.... 

23 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

hummmmm wonder how hard to get one in a 88 F-body.... 

More difficult than dropping a 300hp GM 3.6 V6 in it I imagine.  Plus, points...  The way the calculator works, you get a flat 50 points until your PWR reaches 14.5:1.  At 12.6:1 it's 100 points,  200 points at 11.9.  11.3:1 is 400 points.  Basically, no way will the formula allow you to swap in 10:1 (based on their weight selection).  If you want that but don't want to be EC, you either have to lighten the heck out of it, pick a motor that responds really well to tuning and small bolt-ons, or forced induction.  Or just grab a late 4th gen F-body which is already 10:1 from the factory and lap the field fast enough to make up for gas.  WS6 or SS with an automatic and a trans cooler would be 495 points.  It's almost like they're begging someone to do it :ph34r:

22 minutes ago, karman1970 said:

More difficult than dropping a 300hp GM 3.6 V6 in it I imagine.  Plus, points...  The way the calculator works, you get a flat 50 points until your PWR reaches 14.5:1.  At 12.6:1 it's 100 points,  200 points at 11.9.  11.3:1 is 400 points.  Basically, no way will the formula allow you to swap in 10:1 (based on their weight selection).  If you want that but don't want to be EC, you either have to lighten the heck out of it, pick a motor that responds really well to tuning and small bolt-ons, or forced induction.  Or just grab a late 4th gen F-body which is already 10:1 from the factory and lap the field fast enough to make up for gas.  WS6 or SS with an automatic and a trans cooler would be 495 points.  It's almost like they're begging someone to do it :ph34r:

ours is a WS6 car 305/5speed (Gen III). We have the usual stuff and still have 100 points or so. I'd toy with a S/C or turbo, but then we'd have to go w/ a cell or pit at an hour and 15 minutes lol .  I think the Gen II's have a bigger gas tank and have a 150VPI. That gives you a TON to work with.  Maybe aluminum heads? 100 points right? 

Just now, TiredBirds said:

ours is a WS6 car 305/5speed (Gen III). We have the usual stuff and still have 100 points or so. I'd toy with a S/C or turbo, but then we'd have to go w/ a cell or pit at an hour and 15 minutes lol .  I think the Gen II's have a bigger gas tank and have a 150VPI. That gives you a TON to work with.  Maybe aluminum heads? 100 points right? 

Yeah, Gen 2 is the way to go if you wanna build an F-body.

21 minutes ago, karman1970 said:

Yeah, Gen 2 is the way to go if you wanna build an F-body.

except for the initial cost. For a nice solid body you're gonna pay $$$