Jump to content

Hunsaker Fuel Jugs (5 Gallon)


Recommended Posts

Hey Guys,

 

I figure some of you might find this useful. Hunsaker on their website has a deal on their 5 gallon jugs (4 pack) for $160. I found a discount code for free shipping (2019) on their facebook page. So for $160 shipped its a pretty good deal (40 each). This is cheaper than me trying to modify, some VP jugs. Just figured I would pass it on. I know some people had trouble stacking deals before but I have my jugs in hand so they seem ok with this amount of discount. Good luck everyone.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theblue said:

setup a cart and don't fully check out, they'll send you an email for free shipping.

 

or just go on ebay and buy 4 new shipped for $169 like did.

You want to post a link to that ebay purchase you mad?  I am not doubting you. All I can find with free shipping on ebay is $60 bucks each for either 2 or 4 jugs. $169 is a deal and I'd like to pick some of those up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, theblue said:

setup a cart and don't fully check out, they'll send you an email for free shipping.

 

or just go on ebay and buy 4 new shipped for $169 like did.

I did, I got an email saying Want Free Shipping?  but no link or code in it  hahaha   I messaged them on sunday but no response  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have used them for four years and have never had any problem.  You just have to learn to fill them through the vent tube, and not leave them in the sun with only the "little vent" popped open.  Pressure builds too quickly and fuel comes out where you don't want it too.  We leave the main "bung" sitting loose on top and cover with a reflective blanket.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 10:25 AM, theblue said:

Thanks!  I wish shipping wasn't $40 but short of buying used I can't think there's a better deal out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had a problem filling these? I have 6 of them, originally ordered two jugs, and 6months later, I ordered a 4- pack. 3 of the cans from the 4-pack fill perfectly through the vent tube with all the caps removed.  The other 1 continuously backs up the vent tube while filling from the vent tube.  It's such a slow painful process to fill. It's almost like it has an obstruction in the vent from the mould, but as far as I can tell it looks clear.  It's only one can that is a PIA, any ideas, suggestions? And yes it's the all black plastic is removed from the fill hoses...1.25" open hose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Shane G. said:

Has anyone had a problem filling these? I have 6 of them, originally ordered two jugs, and 6months later, I ordered a 4- pack. 3 of the cans from the 4-pack fill perfectly through the vent tube with all the caps removed.  The other 1 continuously backs up the vent tube while filling from the vent tube.  It's such a slow painful process to fill. It's almost like it has an obstruction in the vent from the mould, but as far as I can tell it looks clear.  It's only one can that is a PIA, any ideas, suggestions? And yes it's the all black plastic is removed from the fill hoses...1.25" open hose.

Have you tried filling through the pouring tube?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 10:29 AM, enginerd said:

Have you tried filling through the pouring tube?

After further inspection, we found the vent tube on 2 of the problem cans to have moulding defects in the vent tube. It was molded only about 1/3 of the proper diameter causing our venting/filling issues.  The good news is that Hunsacker was aware of the issue (bad batch and some got out for shipping by accident), they sent me two new ones!  Excellent Customer Service...love those guys!

 

20190702_091520.jpg

Edited by Shane G.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2019 at 2:33 PM, Shane G. said:

After further inspection, we found the vent tube on 2 of the problem cans to have moulding defects in the vent tube. It was molded only about 1/3 of the proper diameter causing our venting/filling issues.  The good news is that Hunsacker was aware of the issue (bad batch and some got out for shipping by accident), they sent me two new ones!  Excellent Customer Service...love those guys!

 

20190702_091520.jpg

 

 

We recently picked up some jugs, 2 have problems filling as well.

 

Well see what hansaker says to do with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...