3 Rookies seeking team or car for Charlotte 4/27/19

Two of my close and friends and myself are 3 rookies who are ready to order driver gear. We planned on entering the 24hrs LeMons at CMP for 4/27 race, however, the car we planned to buy, prepare and enter was sold to somebody else. We do not have any racing experience, this would be our first outing. We are actively searching for vehicles to prepare, but we are also open to seeing if there are any teams out there in need of drivers. 1 one daily stick experience(myself), 1 with mild stick experience, and 1 with none. Looking to drive for the Charlotte 4/27 race, we would appreciate replies from teams or anyone that knows of a car near the Charlotte area that isn't already on craigslist.

I would also suggest volunteering for a race. Contact Champcar staff to see how to do that. 

You'll probably learn a lot. 

Teams in this series are also usually open to having somebody lend a hand in the pits to learn how things run. 

Good luck and welcome. 

Pm me I have a team starting up if you guys are interested been looking for more able bodied for driving and crew Ect. I’m in charlotte as well so you’re just down the street. Car has been stripped and it’s about to go to cage it’s pretty much ready otherwise. 

Edited by SVOFANATIC

On 2/27/2019 at 5:59 PM, GreyHurricane said:

Two of my close and friends and myself are 3 rookies who are ready to order driver gear. We planned on entering the 24hrs LeMons at CMP for 4/27 rac e, however, the car we planned to buy, prepare and enter was sold to somebody else. We do not have any racing experience, this would be our first outing. We are actively searching for vehicles to prepare, but we are also open to seeing if there are any teams out there in need of drivers. 1 one daily stick experience(myself), 1 with mild stick experience, and 1 with none. Looking to drive for the Charlotte 4/27 race, we would appreciate replies from teams or anyone that knows of a car near the Charlotte area that isn't already on craigslist.

could certainly use a hand in the pits if you're interested

• 4 weeks later...

I am also interested in getting into Champcar and also live in the Charlotte area.  I have built many race cars in the past and participated in an amatuer race team that ran several NASA race series, ASC and ES endurance series.  I have been out of racing for 10 years or so and moved from LA to Charlotte.  Looking to find a group to help get racing again.  If you need a builder/mechanic who can drive I would be interested in a local group.

Tim

Formerly RealRide Racing 

On 3/31/2019 at 10:09 AM, TimS said:

I am also interested in getting into Champcar and also live in the Charlotte area.  I have built many race cars in the past and participated in an amatuer race team that ran several NASA race series, ASC and ES endurance series.  I have been out of racing for 10 years or so and moved from LA to Charlotte.  Looking to find a group to help get racing again.  If you need a builder/mechanic who can drive I would be interested in a local group.

Tim

Formerly RealRide Racing 

Hi tim,

Our team is still looking for teammates. Our car just got done with the cage and should hopefully be going out to a track day for testing here by the end of the month. Shoot me a message if you're interested we're located in Charlotte as well. 209-fivefive6 8 three three 8.

• 3 weeks later...