I've watched the videos, followed the tutorials, and I still can't get the QR code to scan to start the stream to YouTube. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yep, that was exactly it. I changed the rotation in the camera settings back to off/normal and it worked right away. Auto rotation will let the stream start, but if you flip the camera over it kills the stream. Do rotation “off” seems to be the only way to go. 

Basically they can make buttloads more revenue with security cameras. and it is something that they can sell more of in todays world.

I am finally going to start assembling pro-level type cameras like (3G wireless) IMSA/NASCAR use. Sad day. 

On 7/24/2020 at 8:35 AM, Bill Strong said:

Basically they can make buttloads more revenue with security cameras. and it is something that they can sell more of in todays world.

I am finally going to start assembling pro-level type cameras like (3G wireless) IMSA/NASCAR use. Sad day. 

They are still going to work.  Why the change?   I know you've had heat and battery issues.    That could be a packaging issue.   

The hot spots are getting long in the tooth and beat to shit by the conditions. Going to go a different route. 
One that has been suggested to me by many teams. 

• Like 1
On 7/25/2020 at 8:14 PM, Bill Strong said:

One that has been suggested to me by many teams. 

giphy.gif

What's the latest and greatest way to achieve live stream?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 3:10 PM, hcsi99 said:

giphy.gif

What's the latest and greatest way to achieve live stream?

You have a few of choices - you can follow my video to set up an approved YouTube channel for a GoPro to stream too. You can use a GoPro with a Cerevo liveshell or equivalent to stream to you existing YouTube channel. There are one or two other cameras that my work but we have not tested them so I can't recommend them.  At this moment I'm seeing a few Yi's for sale on Amazon you could snag. (Camera Only)

Edited by Paulie
53 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Looks like Google Play has removed the app from their store, so you may not be able to config the camera using an android phone. 

The app hasn't been in Google Play for awhile.   You have to download directly from Yi site.  We just did this on one of our crews phone as my phone was the only phone that had it and I usually start the race so it wasn't a smooth process as I have fingerprint lock on my phone.   The app is still working on my phone. 

https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/230047427--Where-can-I-download-YI-Action-Camera-App-

Edited by Snake
45 minutes ago, JCrist said:

I have the app on my iPhone no problem, I get this error trying to log into YouTube 

So is it when you go to use the YouTube portion within the Yi app?  Yeah, don't use that.  That doesn't work.  Use the "Custom" option below that one and enter the stream URL and ID.  when you do it that way, you never log into the YouTube account.   I demonstrated this in the video if that helps. 

Edited by Paulie
16 hours ago, Paulie said:

So is it when you go to use the YouTube portion within the Yi app?  Yeah, don't use that.  That doesn't work.  Use the "Custom" option below that one and enter the stream URL and ID.  when you do it that way, you never log into the YouTube account.   I demonstrated this in the video if that helps. 

Amazing video thank you 

• Like 1