Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yep, that was exactly it. I changed the rotation in the camera settings back to off/normal and it worked right away. Auto rotation will let the stream start, but if you flip the camera over it kills the stream. Do rotation “off” seems to be the only way to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically they can make buttloads more revenue with security cameras. and it is something that they can sell more of in todays world.

I am finally going to start assembling pro-level type cameras like (3G wireless) IMSA/NASCAR use. Sad day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 8:35 AM, Bill Strong said:

Basically they can make buttloads more revenue with security cameras. and it is something that they can sell more of in todays world.

I am finally going to start assembling pro-level type cameras like (3G wireless) IMSA/NASCAR use. Sad day. 

 

They are still going to work.  Why the change?   I know you've had heat and battery issues.    That could be a packaging issue.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

The hot spots are getting long in the tooth and beat to shit by the conditions. Going to go a different route. 
One that has been suggested to me by many teams. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 3:10 PM, hcsi99 said:

giphy.gif

 

What's the latest and greatest way to achieve live stream?

You have a few of choices - you can follow my video to set up an approved YouTube channel for a GoPro to stream too. You can use a GoPro with a Cerevo liveshell or equivalent to stream to you existing YouTube channel. There are one or two other cameras that my work but we have not tested them so I can't recommend them.  At this moment I'm seeing a few Yi's for sale on Amazon you could snag. (Camera Only)

 

Edited by Paulie
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Looks like Google Play has removed the app from their store, so you may not be able to config the camera using an android phone. 

 

The app hasn't been in Google Play for awhile.   You have to download directly from Yi site.  We just did this on one of our crews phone as my phone was the only phone that had it and I usually start the race so it wasn't a smooth process as I have fingerprint lock on my phone.   The app is still working on my phone. 

 

https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/230047427--Where-can-I-download-YI-Action-Camera-App-

Edited by Snake
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, JCrist said:

I have the app on my iPhone no problem, I get this error trying to log into YouTube 

So is it when you go to use the YouTube portion within the Yi app?  Yeah, don't use that.  That doesn't work.  Use the "Custom" option below that one and enter the stream URL and ID.  when you do it that way, you never log into the YouTube account.   I demonstrated this in the video if that helps. 

 

 

Edited by Paulie
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Paulie said:

So is it when you go to use the YouTube portion within the Yi app?  Yeah, don't use that.  That doesn't work.  Use the "Custom" option below that one and enter the stream URL and ID.  when you do it that way, you never log into the YouTube account.   I demonstrated this in the video if that helps. 

 

 

Amazing video thank you 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
On 3/14/2020 at 11:28 AM, ross2004 said:

Thanks Paulie, one question. In YouTube studio do we have to click "go live" or will that happen automatically once the stream is received from the camera?

Sorry!  By now I'm sure you already have your answer but for others, yes, there's a new version of this video coming out with that answers this.  The new YouTube page has an "Enable Auto Start" switch on the event page.  Switch that on and your live streams will go live automagically.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Technical Advisory Committee
4 hours ago, Paulie said:

Sorry!  By now I'm sure you already have your answer but for others, yes, there's a new version of this video coming out with that answers this.  The new YouTube page has an "Enable Auto Start" switch on the event page.  Switch that on and your live streams will go live automagically.  

@Pauliefrom what I understand, the Yi4k camera is discontinued and no longer has manufacturer support. True?

Is the Yi4k camera still a good option for live streaming? The price has doubled for a used unit vs the OG price.  TIA

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mcoppola said:

@Pauliefrom what I understand, the Yi4k camera is discontinued and no longer has manufacturer support. True?

Is the Yi4k camera still a good option for live streaming? The price has doubled for a used unit vs the OG price.  TIA

I believe so.  eBay and Amazon have new cameras that become available now and then, and the app is still available in the App Store.  There are also teams who own them but never really understood how to use them, so I’ll keep these videos current until a better solution becomes available.  As for support, I’m not sure we need that. There’s a lot of repair and mod videos on YouTube for adding better speakers and microphones.  Even if the app goes, you can still write a script that the camera will substitute for the QR code.

Edited by Paulie
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Technical Advisory Committee

Paulie's video was spot on. Setting up my new Yi4k camera to live stream was simple following his instructions. 

I did have an issue with connectivity using my iPhone as the streaming hotspot. I was able to connect he camera to my home network first time, every time, so that made it easier to isolate the issue.

I purchased a Verizon 8800L Jetpack to use as a hotspot in the car. The Yi connects to the 8800 easily each time.

Having "practiced" a few times while checking connectivity, it now takes me (not an electronics genius) just a few minutes to set up and live stream successfully.

Now that the car's all back together, it will be nice to be able to get out and use this!!

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...