Sign in to follow this  
Rapido

2019 ChampCar Sim Series - Round 4, Daytona Roval - 3/13/2019, 3/20/2019, 3/27/2019

And we're back! I'm sure everyone missed their favourite league during our break last week, but rest assured we are now back on track and getting ready for Round 4. Our first roval of the season, which means the draft will definitely be a factor in this single-make series. Use the practice rounds to fine-tune your race strategies, because this will likely come down to the last lap!

Session Details

• Practice Round 1: Wednesday, 13-March-2019
  • Practice Round 2: Wednesday, 20-March-2019
  • Championship Round: Wednesday, 27-March-2019
  • Practice Start: 6:00pm ET/6:00pm PT
  • Qualifying Start: 8:00pm ET/8:00pm PT
  • Race Start: 9:00pm ET/9:00pm PT
  • Cars: Maxda MX-5 Cup - 2015
  • Track: Daytona - Road Course
  • In-Sim Session Date: Saturday, 13-April-2019
  • In-Sim Session Start Time: 4:30pm
  • In-Sim Time Multiplier: 1x
  • Weather: Auto-Generated
  • Setup: Fixed, iRacing Baseline with 4.2g Fuel
  • Fast Repairs: 1
  • License Requirements: Practice Rounds (None), Championship Round (>D2.0)

Useful Links

2019 ChampCar Sim Series schedule

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

Discord Server

• Like 1

Looking forward to this one, certainly going to be close as Tom said! 

Participation ought to be good, everyone needs to own Daytona. If you don't yet, take this as your sign and do yourself the favour and pick it up.

• Like 3

Whats a good time on the track?  I'm just starting and want to see if i'm even close.

For the pitstops, does it refuel automatically, if not, how do I tell it to do that?

@LuckyKid not sure what a representative time would be as we haven't fun this combo before. Looking at historic results on the 2007 (old) scan of the track, I'm expecting the pole time to be around 2:13-2:14, but it'll depend on the randomly generated weather and sky conditions.

For pitstops, hit F4 to bring up the refuel black box, select the amount of fuel to add and whether to refuel or not.

No, it will be the updated/latest/paid-content version of Daytona.

As per the poll we took last season it was decided to use the more up-to-date version of the track to offer a more realistic experience when we're doing our best to mirror the CCES schedule in real life.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rapido said:

You can try joining the session through the BetaUI, that sometimes fixes it.

I am in the BetaUI think.  I've rebooted, updated my PC, signed out, signed in, reset my modem, closed and reopened a few times.  I can join other public races.  Is there a support section for iRacing?  

Had a good run tonight, enjoyed running up front with the alex's.  Had a battle going for 3/4/5 and got a run out of 1 and got put into the inside wall.  Then 2 laps later I got bumped though the bus stop, then I ran out of fuel.  Great night though, fastest lap of the group...I'll take that knowing the company I was in.  Thanks for not smoking me Alex K in the bus stop, I guess im a heavy initial braker...

Sorry I didn't make it tonight, I had a concert commitment. Hope everyone had fun and the day to night transition went smoothly. 

Bummer I couldn't join you guys.  I tried all night for both sessions.  Can the admin check my account and make sure I'm setup correctly?

• Like 1

Fun face!  I started 8th then got into the back of someone about half way through the race in going in to turn 3 and popped the radiator.  I made it through the bus stop and was able to get up to a fair speed before the engine let go with a water temp of 325 degrees.  I costed in neutral into the pits, used my reset and installed some fuel.  I came out 17th but made it back up to 11th place.  I was by myself for the rest of the race until the last few laps I was able to catch 9th and 10th place.  The 9th place car had a moment on the last lap in turn 1 and spun and that let me get even closer to the 10th place car.  I got a better run on him going through the bus stop and just made the pass before crossing the finish line finishing 9th.   If was nice racing with you all as always.  

Lee

• Like 2

My brother in law was racing with us last night too (his first ever iRacing race with other cars on track) he said the exact same thing about 6th gear. :)

That was an interesting race. I joined late and started in the back, was making up a few positions until I got caught up in a wreck. Took my repair and not enough fuel. After the 2nd stop I was working on trying to make up 1 position across the start finish and didn't notice a car on the low side that was out of fuel, this lead to an interesting finish...Look forward to next week!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Justin Hall said:

That was an interesting race. I joined late and started in the back, was making up a few positions until I got caught up in a wreck. Took my repair and not enough fuel. After the 2nd stop I was working on trying to make up 1 position across the start finish and didn't notice a car on the low side that was out of fuel, this lead to an interesting finish...Look forward to next week!

Yea I was hoping for a bump so I could get across the finish...you let me down

• Haha 1

That would have been more than a bump.  That Miata looks like a tubbed dragster once it got back on all 4.  

• Like 1