IFITLOOKSLIKEADUCKWTF

Can an Old Police Car from SC - Win Daytona 14 Hrs.

Thanks... H&F, we can always use a complement, now and then! Yup, u're right about the moonshiner getting away w/o being caught!

Ron....

Man there were some fat cars there... did u see where that old Lincoln finished, I think it was in the top 15?

Ron...

21 minutes ago, IFITLOOKSLIKEADUCKWTF said:

Hi... thanks for the update... was he (Lincolfelter) running a 32 Valve engine?

Ron...

Yes, 32 valve engine, I have 1.5 of them here, any interest? 

36 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Yes, 32 valve engine, I have 1.5 of them here, any interest? 

No wonder he was so fast... ck this out I gota' get one of these out of the junk yard when they start making these... talk about so hi rev's and hi speed engines...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/technology/under-skin-how-mazda-changing-internal-combustion

Ron...

14 hours ago, IFITLOOKSLIKEADUCKWTF said:

We were in the Scott Sharp Duracell Camaro in pic to left. :)

Let's see..we went to the garage because of a fuel leak at the top of our stock tank. Lid was put on incorrectly when we changed foam a few weeks ago.

We were in the garage to repair rear window that was trying to lift off.

We were in the garage because rear end was leaking some. Refilled and tightened cover but it may be leaking from pinion.We changed rear pads as well. Going back to Raybestos pads!

Our night ended when the white truck looking thing decide to change lanes abruptly before the kink. I slammed on the brakes and blew the stock right front brake line off. It was a fun ride spinning in circles in the infield while cussing at the top of my lungs.We will be going to steel braided line.

We finished 67th but don't really care. We're out there to have fun and go fast. I had the third fastest lap and I think co owner was 4th fast :)

We're not out there racing for a win since we can only make 1:15  on an 18 gallon tank of fuel. 

Weren't  a lot of people to race with this year. Had some fun with the white Vette for a few laps but that's about it. The 701(?) BMW blew by me on the 8th lap or so and I had nothing for him. 

The orange Camaro was faster than us too and the #427 Camaro would have blown us away as well

wtf?

Edited by sonofamitch

9 hours ago, sonofamitch said:

wtf?

wow 1:15 on 18 gallons? crap we still run the stock 15.6 tank.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IFITLOOKSLIKEADUCKWTF said:

Hey TiredBrids, it looks like all the cars that were running up front had large fuel tanks or WF Cells... 22 gallon and up! Is there a limit on the size fuel tank u can use?

Tks,

Ron...

you can go +2. So if you have a stock 20 gallon you can get a 22 gallon cell.  

40 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

you can go +2. So if you have a stock 20 gallon you can get a 22 gallon cell.  

Hummmm. if he fuel pump is in the front of the car can you run a 6" - 8" Fuel Line from the fuel cell to the fuel pump, that should help a lot?

Ron...

12 minutes ago, IFITLOOKSLIKEADUCKWTF said:

Hummmm. if he fuel pump is in the front of the car can you run a 6" - 8" Fuel Line from the fuel cell to the fuel pump, that should help a lot?

Ron...

9.10.3. Fuel Fillers and Fuel Lines:9.10.3.1. Vehicles may not have more than the stock number of fill ports.9.10.3.2. 3” MAXIMUM O.D. for all fuel fill lines.9.10.3.3. MAXIMUM -8 (AN) or ½” I.D. shall be used for all fuel lines from cell/tank to the engine.9.10.3.4. All fuel lines must be routed in a direct routing to and from source/termination point.9.10.3.5. Any fuel, oil, or coolant lines (including Aeroquip steel braided lines)(Effective 4/26/2019) that pass through the driving compartment must be metal or encased in continuous steel conduit or aluminum tube. (Flex-conduit is not acceptable. (Effective 4/26/2019) Lines wrapped in aluminum tape are not acceptable.) 9.10.4. Over-flow vents may be installed. Over-flow vents MUST:9.10.4.1. Exit at the rear of the car

7 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Going to Charlotte?

Hey "Team Infiniti"....Thanks for the Rule Book heads up on fuel, etc, etc, now I understand the + 2 gallons.

We are going to take a pass on Charlotte, have a lot of enduro work to do the car now, not sure when we will be back? Got a to of up grades to do!!!!

Tks, Ron....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TiredBirds said:

wow 1:15 on 18 gallons? crap we still run the stock 15.6 tank.  

Yep, it's a hog! Especially at Daytona! It has a 650 Holley on it now but we're thinking of trying a 4412 two barrel at Sebring. Our stock tank is 18 gallons which I think is the largest one offered on a 3rd gen. 

1 hour ago, sonofamitch said:

Yep, it's a hog! Especially at Daytona! It has a 650 Holley on it now but we're thinking of trying a 4412 two barrel at Sebring. Our stock tank is 18 gallons which I think is the largest one offered on a 3rd gen. 

how do you get 18gallons? I t hought they were all 15.6? We are runing the stock quadrobog, but we did pick up circle track 2bbl Holley. What rpms and speeds down the long straight? You guys run a 350? we're still pushing a 305. 

Hey TiredBirds, the 305 is a great endure engine although it has a higher rev per speed, but will still put out about 200 - 350 HP if tuned correctly and a big +++ HP Chev made a stock solid lifter race cam #098 just for the 305 & 327 & 350 engines (still legal) and it will pass for no extra points, that's when Duntoff was still at GM & in charge back in the late 60's and early 70's.

Ron....

1 minute ago, IFITLOOKSLIKEADUCKWTF said:

Hey TiredBirds, the 305 is a great endure engine although it has a higher rev per speed, but will still put out about 200 - 350 HP if tuned correctly and a big +++ HP Chev made a stock solid lifter race cam #098 just for the 305 & 327 & 350 engines (still legal) and it will pass for no extra points, that's when Duntoff was still at GM & in charge back in the late 60's and early 70's.

Ron....

I'm fine with the 305. Our 1st 305 had 169k on it when we bought the car and lasted about 8 full races before spinning a bearing. This 305 is an 88 formula motor. It has about 69k on it. With a cam, ported heads, ported stock intake, headers it makes an easy 300+ hp. We are going to try an intake an Holley race 2bbl as we have a bunch of points to burn. We hope to have the new car ready for VIR. Here is the 84 at NJMP. Car will be pertty much the same configuration....but lighter. We were probably one of the fastest on the track that day...even with a slight bog rolling back into the throttle. Never got it tuned out. 

OMG, I can't watch that video without the urge to slap his hand away from the shifter, in one lap he puts his hand on the shifter 11 times and only actually shifts twice :blink:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

OMG, I can't watch that video without the urge to slap his hand away from the shifter, in one lap he puts his hand on the shifter 11 times and only actually shifts twice :blink:

Hey:o... That is so fast for a 305... man you were what we call... "Hauling he Mail"... @ VIR!!!!!

Ron...

3 hours ago, ABR-Glen said:

3 or 4 time track Champ. He can drive. I leave my hand on the shifter all  the time too...lol it has power steering

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IFITLOOKSLIKEADUCKWTF said:

Hey:o... That is so fast for a 305... man you were what we call... "Hauling he Mail"... @ VIR!!!!!

Ron...

not me but our best guy. That car ran an 1:41 at that track (NJMP Thunderbolt) on practice day passing AER cars. Shame it got wrecked...new car in progress.....

13 hours ago, TiredBirds said:

how do you get 18gallons? I t hought they were all 15.6? We are runing the stock quadrobog, but we did pick up circle track 2bbl Holley. What rpms and speeds down the long straight? You guys run a 350? we're still pushing a 305. 

It's an 84' IROC and it's the tank that was in it. It actually held 18.7 when I filled it on the way to Daytona. Tank was bone dry.

The highest rpm I reached was 5,700 down the front straight. I think the aero(or lack of) was keeping it from going faster. No speedo but I would guess 150-155 mph. Two years ago with a different gear and I-phone mounted, the video showed me going 152 at 6,100 

The engine is a GM crate motor that's advertised as 350 horse. Chassis dyno showed a little under 300 to the wheels.