June 22-June 23, 2019
WILLOW SPRINGS RACEWAY: Double 7 Enduros, $1225
Rosamond, CA
"Willow Springs Raceway"
Early Pay Discount Ends: April 23, 2019
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

event hotel

Willow Springs    6/22-23    Best Western Plus Desert Poppy Inn    2038 W Ave I, Lancaster, CA 93536    (661) 418-0550    Jennifer     Ask for Willow Springs rate 99.99                                                 

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 4.37.39 PM.png

Entries for Willow Springs Raceway

updated 5/9/2019

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   Conaway Racing 12 1991 Nissan 240sx
2.   Debauched Sloth Motorsport 9 1987 Toyota MR2
3.   Eurotek Tuning 490 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
4.   Gone Bananas Racing 391 1990 Mazda Miata
5.   Irreverent Racing 13 1995 Ford Mustang
6.   Team Honda Research West 877 2010 Honda Fit
7.   Uncommon Friends Racing 46 1978 Datsun 280Z
8.   Wilwood 119 1999 Mazda Miata

I kinda want to tow the MR2 out and see what kind of damage I can do out there...

On 4/5/2019 at 5:32 AM, Bill Strong said:

I kinda want to tow the MR2 out and see what kind of damage I can do out there...

BRRRRIIIINNNNNNGGGGG ITTTTTTTT!!!!!

But make sure it actually works past the first few corners of the race, not as much fun beating you when you are in the pits! ;) 

On 4/10/2019 at 3:39 PM, Alchemy Autosport said:

BRRRRIIIINNNNNNGGGGG ITTTTTTTT!!!!!

But make sure it actually works past the first few corners of the race, not as much fun beating you when you are in the pits! ;) 

ya, sat for 18 months, fuel filter fell apart all over the fuel system

9 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

ya, sat for 18 months, fuel filter fell apart all over the fuel system

excuses are like arm pits - everyone has two, and they STINK!  ;) 

• Haha 2

Just signed up, and I know Alchemy will be there with their new Miata.  We had a great time talking to lots of potential new teams in the Champcar Booth at the Long Beach Grand Prix. Now we just need to get current and past members out to the May Thunderhill and June Willow Springs events!!   The Flyin Hawaiian's are working feverishly on bringing our old car back to life (better than we ever prepared it!!), but might not have it read in time for Willow.  

IMG_2985.jpeg

IMG_0257.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m starting to wonder about this event.  Less than 60 days out and only 5 entries? Seems like t hill all over again.  Wonder if a price cut is coming in order to entice more entries?   I’ve been part of this series since 2011 and I’ve seen In past years events have been cancelled due to low entry numbers. 😕  I hope that’s not the case here.  

2 minutes ago, chump5150 said:

I’m starting to wonder about this event.  Less than 60 days out and only 5 entries? Seems like t hill all over again.  Wonder if a price cut is coming in order to entice more entries?   I’ve been part of this series since 2011 and I’ve seen In past years events have been cancelled due to low entry numbers. 😕  I hope that’s not the case here.  

Per the board meeting they aren't going to cancel.

24 minutes ago, chump5150 said:

21 minutes ago, LuckyKid said:

Per the board meeting they aren't going to cancel.

We'll be signing up after the Thunderhill race. 

We are planning on it, but since we missed the early pay deadline we are going to wait until after we dyno the new cars engine and do some testing to make sure we dont need to replace too many things.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:25 AM, FlorahDorah said:

We'll be signing up after the Thunderhill race. 

o'rly?

On 4/28/2019 at 10:00 AM, chump5150 said:

This isn't the Chumpcar of 2015

Anyone need a driver?

Been racing Central and East regions with a number of great teams.

Would like to add some west coast tracks to my list.

The Flyin Hawaiian's are working feverishly on bringing our old car back to life (better than we ever prepared it!!), but might not have it read in time for Willow.   HostGator DreamHost Bluehost

Edited by mina20

12 hours ago, mina20 said:

The Flyin Hawaiian's are working feverishly on bringing our old car back to life (better than we ever prepared it!!), but might not have it read in time for Willow.

Yes you will

does anyone have any interest in testing/practice at Big Willow before the race?  If you become a "member" for I think $75/yr then you can run the track if its empty for $75.  No saftey, corner workers, or recovery vehicles.  WIDE OPEN!!!  We are planning on it but havent nailed down a date (if there are any available) yet as the car is still on jack stands with no suspension.

• Like 1

let's get signed up! 
I purchased my plane ticket and got the pace car rental sorted. I am making a stop at Wilwood Brakes to do a film shoot, then to Willow Springs to watch you guys struggle for 14-hours while I remember what that was like, and miss it.

• Like 1