mindspin311

Need an NASCAR (helmet) to IMSA (car) adapter

Just a FYI nascar (helmet) to IMSA does not always work. We don’t offer that unit as we do not want a customer funding it doesn’t work trackside.

always buy a IMSA (helmet kit) that way you will never have a issue as IMSA to nascar works 100% of the time.

Hope this helps, also don’t forget to use your  Champcar 15% Discount.

Cheers, Shawn 

• Like 2

Along this same line, can someone help me find an adapters thats female IMSA and this 5 pin threaded Baofend on the other side? Pics of each below.

20190407_182517.jpg

20190404_184128.jpg

13 hours ago, IPF Racing said:

Along this same line, can someone help me find an adapters thats female IMSA and this 5 pin threaded Baofend on the other side? Pics of each below.

20190407_182517.jpg

20190404_184128.jpg

@Shawn Sampson any thoughts? Trying to get something by this weekend to test at a track day.

I tried a NASCAR to IMSA adapter years ago...it did not work.  The other way always seems to work fine.  Just letting you know.  

17 hours ago, Jer said:

I tried a NASCAR to IMSA adapter years ago...it did not work.  The other way always seems to work fine.  Just letting you know.  

Ditto. Some radios (like digital) require the signal ground from the mic (the 4th wire) to function. You wind end up with the listen only option, which for some drivers is an upgrade in both laptime and team cohesiveness....

Edited by Black Magic
  • Haha 3

Just always get IMSA in your helmet kit that way you will never have a issue- NASCAR is not the way to go when it comes to communications and will at some point be a issue.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:10 AM, IPF Racing said:

@Shawn Sampson any thoughts? Trying to get something by this weekend to test at a track day.

Sorry No- those connectors are a real issue with the pins being bent when not connected correctly. We just dont work with them.

• Thanks 1