In-car Live stream equipment?

• Administrators

We supply our own cameras and we mix our own show for broadcast to champcar.live.

we rarely use external sources unless we start losing our cameras or your camera is now winning the race.

as to what equipment you need to live stream, a simple cell phone works ok. 

But remember, live video data can eat up $$$ worth of data. 

it's always best to have a video recording in the car, like a GoPro to record the event for your drivers and for later viewing. Live Streaming is not very reliable, especially at Daytona and Charlotte where the banking can kill your reception. Thus making it so you don't have any memories from the event.

We're trying to get a reliable camera system set up in the car. We have several options, but were just wondering how exactly you tap in to each individual car's camera. Does champcar just actively view the individual Youtube channel's live stream and make that part of your stream? A stream within a stream if you will?

• Administrators
On 4/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, JoSal73 said:

We're trying to get a reliable camera system set up in the car. We have several options, but were just wondering how exactly you tap in to each individual car's camera. Does champcar just actively view the individual Youtube channel's live stream and make that part of your stream? A stream within a stream if you will?

If we see a car in the lead, and you have a camera streaming to youtube, we may grab it and show it.

But most of the time we use ours unless they start going down.

• Administrators

This is a catch22 for me. We would love to see all your cameras out there. But most tracks have capacity limits for the video feeds. The more teams show up with gear that connects to cell towers the harder it is for me to send video to paulie to do the show.

We have seen this over and over the past 3 years. We get to a track and do our testing, everything works like a charm, but race morning, boom, cameras wont stay connected or wont even connect because everyone just turned on their cell equipment.

I work with Verizon to let them know we are coming so they can redirect antennas and know the capacity will be taking a hit on the weekend.

I have since turned my cameras down to SD just to try and stay connected. That's why the video is not the greatest in the cars.

I am.still debating this. But my job on tbe track is to promote the company with a good show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there any equipment that you're aware of that can stream just from car to pitt like the radio comms? I would think there would be something that exists like that...but I guess I'm wrong. I wouldn't expect it to be cheap...perhaps that's a big reason