3 hours ago, johnwilding said:

No sir, our Miata is black with orange cage bars in the back. It's very subtle looking and easy to miss. Our engine didn't give any sign of giving up until it was dead and we only got a pencil eraser hole in the block by the starter, so it's still a mystery to us. 

That's pretty crappy luck. When we lost our engine, we had mystery smoke for about ten minutes, then three holes and two broken rods. Whole piston turned to gravel.  Hopefully you can reuse some of you engine; ours was completely garbage! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

Is that red and black car an RC car??

"Race about anything in Champcar"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Huggy said:

What happened to KSR?

Trans gave up the ghost pretty early on if I remember correctly

6 hours ago, NGO28 said:

There are not enough videos posted for Daytona so I got stuck watching this one the whole way through and now I have a question. At the 2:46 mark the Neon is passed by a red car which then proceeds to stay below the double yellow line to pass a few cars and then scoots back up on to the banking; Is it legal to be below the double yellow line for anything other than having a problem with your car?

11 minutes ago, Richard said:

There are not enough videos posted for Daytona so I got stuck watching this one the whole way through and now I have a question. At the 2:46 mark the Neon is passed by a red car which then proceeds to stay below the double yellow line to pass a few cars and then scoots back up on to the banking; Is it legal to be below the double yellow line for anything other than having a problem with your car?

Yes. Dana said in the drivers' meeting that he'ldbuy the claim that a car was using the apron for a pass because there was nowhere else to go, but on a very limited basis. If the red car in question was doing that repeatedly, my understanding is that it would be black flagged. 

I'm also not entirely sure how visible that area of the track is for corner workers. 

2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

If the Enterprise driver is in red, might be me.

Well how was the ride  ?   Really  ??

On 4/14/2019 at 6:35 PM, Snorman said:

Not a great day for Crowd Control Racing and InActiv Motorsports. 

We tested the Cobra at Sebring last week and had very good pace, however, we developed a driveline issue. We thought it was resolved Thursday night after a trip back to the shop, apparently not. It recurred yesterday less than an hour into the race and we were forced to retire the car. We believe the solution is relatively straight forward, but we were not able to solve and get the car back into the race. We had high expectations and believe we had a chance at a podium. 

The InActiv Motorsports Mazda 626 was doing well for the first four hours. At nearly the end of the 2nd stint, the driver brought the car in stating it had a slipping clutch. Upon further investigation @MoparBoyy diagnosed it was a leaking main seal. The car went into a garage, a new main seal and clutch were installed and the car came out right around 6 hours into the race, losing about a stint. We had solid renters who kept at it for the remainder of the race and placed 38th OA. A huge hats off to our crew that helped @MoparBoyy. All of our renters (except our full time guy) got their full stints in the car and for all but one, it was their first time racing at Daytona. 

Neither car suffered any major mechanical issues, both drove into the paddock and trailer. I'd guess they'll both be back to 100% by...uhh...Wednesday knowing Alex. 🤣

57114845_2164499713627081_17926866646492

This is one of the renter David from Boston and I had a great time with you guys. You guy run a very professional team and the repairs were quick to get us out onto the track again. I would definitely want to run with you guys again so I can come pick up my seat cushion, hehe. 

This was my first time at Daytona and what an awesome track it was. I would want to see if I can bring my Civic here once I finish building the car.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mug23 said:

This is one of the renter David from Boston and I had a great time with you guys. You guy run a very professional team and the repairs were quick to get us out onto the track again. I would definitely want to run with you guys again so I can come pick up my seat cushion, hehe. 

This was my first time at Daytona and what an awesome track it was. I would want to see if I can bring my Civic here once I finish building the car.

Thanks, David. It was a pleasure meeting you and Richard and look forward to having you back with us at Sebring. 

2 hours ago, Ray Franck said:

Well how was the ride  ?   Really  ??

Predictable, enjoyable, plenty of brakes, smooth torque curve, delightful trans.

During turn in, wait for the fronts to talk, smoothly feed throttle to get the job done, infield, planned navigation and some patience during heavy traffic, banking, you could " feel " the wall with 1.5 cars width from it.

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Snorman said:

a car was using the apron for a pass

Looks like he came back on the banking in front of the 626, that video clip might be interesting. I was preparing for an issue as I watched...

1 hour ago, Snorman said:

Thanks, David. It was a pleasure meeting you and Richard and look forward to having you back with us at Sebring. 

I second what David said. You guys are such professionals at running this team. Thanks for all that hard work in getting the car repaired so all of us renters get our stints. Its incredible how you can get it fixed in such a short time and have a perfect car again. Truly appreciate it and for having us on the team!

• Like 4

T&A Racing had a great event overall and would like to thank Champcar, The workers and track, and other drivers who make this event awesome.   Tim and I jumped in the truck after work on Wednesday and drove through the night 1000 miles to get to Daytona and prep.  Our car (and drivers) have room to optimize but overall everything went well.  We didn't need to so much as turn a screwdriver the entire race.  We did swap tires on the front once just because and need to relocate our fuel pump switch as a driver bumped it shutting the car off on track and not realizing it which cost us 5 minutes.   I believe we finished 15th overall with 10 minutes of dead time and a couple pits that went 2-5 minutes longer than they should have.  It's amazing how thirsty cars are here, we normally can get 2 hours without fual saving but only got 1:30 at most going wide open.

Here is our best lap..... completed under a yellow 

and here is first 30 mins of my second stint with lots of traffic / fun stuff

Edited by theblue

Well, we sure didnt have the results we were hoping for, but we kept our rental cars, 223 and 226 on track until the finish. The 225 broke the transmission while leading around 1.5 hours and that was a big bummer, but we were due a bad finish after never finishing worse than 4th over 10 races. Most of my day was spent attempting to fix a few glitches with the 226 that ended up being related to a bad battery, we stole the battery and cables out of 225 and the car was fine for the rest of the event. Pretty silly of me to not have the cars be the same in the battery and battery cable setup for easy parts repair, but that will be remedied before the next event. It seemed like there was alot of early attrition from the faster cars including us, Cone Crushers, Crowd Control Racing Mustang, Bill Riley etc. Hopefully we can keep a transmission in this the SC300s in the future!

Congrats to the podium finishers!!

5 minutes ago, CutlassRacer said:

Well, we sure didnt have the results we were hoping for, but we kept our rental cars, 223 and 226 on track until the finish. The 225 broke the transmission while leading around 1.5 hours and that was a big bummer, but we were due a bad finish after never finishing worse than 4th over 10 races. Most of my day was spent attempting to fix a few glitches with the 226 that ended up being related to a bad battery, we stole the battery and cables out of 225 and the car was fine for the rest of the event. Pretty silly of me to not have the cars be the same in the battery and battery cable setup for easy parts repair, but that will be remedied before the next event. It seemed like there was alot of early attrition from the faster cars including us, Cone Crushers, Crowd Control Racing Mustang, Bill Riley etc. Hopefully we can keep a transmission in this the SC300s in the future!

Congrats to the podium finishers!!

Oh, just remembered - I'm not positive it was your car, but you guys may have had a renter nearly pull a money shift into turn 1 early in the race.  We were in pit two, and heard lots of rev limiter and tire screeching and watched a white sc300 slide all over the place into turn one.  It sounded like he might have been going for 4th and got second or something, but I never heard a bang, so y'all might've gotten mighty lucky!

• Like 1

We definitely did, lol. He radioed it in and I told him if it still had oil pressure to keep going! I drove the car late in the race and did the same thing myself after the last caution and looped it down in Turn 1. I was all by myself on that one so I am sure about everybody heard/saw it, haha. The transmission feels different in the 226 than the 225 and the 5-4 downshift has to be done very carefully with that transmission. Planning to take it out to see if we can see any reason why that is being weird. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guess that's one big advantage of a RWD car - a bit more forgiving when that happens!  Crazy lucky anyway!

Edited by krispykritter

5 minutes ago, krispykritter said:

Guess that's one big advantage of a RWD car - a bit more forgiving when that happens!  Crazy lucky anyway!

until it rains.

1 minute ago, theblue said:

until it rains.

Very true - we pass (damn near) every rwd car in the rain....then it starts drying out, and we're suddenly slow again!

Edited by krispykritter
  • Like 1

The 229 E30 had a good clean race and a great result. 21st is like a win for us since we had only 2 drivers and one was brand new to racing. My other regular driver fell I'll with diverticulitis less than a week before the race and could not make it. So with 2 drivers and 1 crew/wife we had a great race. Hats off to some really fast cars out there like the black M3 and those other orange cars (Mini Cooper's). A super nod to the brave drivers of the blue Beetle. You guys have nerves of steel. Weird to be at Daytona and not be talking about the Jacky Ickx cars, the Infiniti and no JB Bugs. I guess the Indy race made this one a no go. Bummer for the Cone Crushers, for sure. But our old E30 ran flawlessly and we never even opened the hood all day.  After losing a wheel at Sebring in the 1st hour, it was welcomed. Thanks for good, clean (mostly) driving and thanks to the Champ staff for helping me download my subscription to my transponder on Saturday morning!!

IMG_20190413_104405301_HDR_1.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

Speedway Creation

I helped with a repair or 2 with them and was graced with laps in that new rocket ship :wub: