Aleru

The Daytona Beach Enduro

5 hours ago, theblue said:

Here is our best lap..... completed under a yellow 

To be fair, the yellows were localized and the rest of the track lights were showing as green. I think the data feed was a little confused compared to the track lights/flags.

That said, thanks to the T&A team for providing a great and incredibly reliable platform yet again. Thanks to ChampCar for giving us the opportunity to race at these amazing tracks. Final thanks to that Red "Belgian" Jetta that I drafted for the last 4-5 laps of the dusk stint. That tow helped us fuel save long enough to make our strategy work perfectly and allowed us to have better lap times than me just fuel saving alone during that time.

Guess I need to order myself a new track map for the side of my helmet now that I've checked Daytona off the list. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

The 229 E30 had a good clean race and a great result.

IMG_20190413_104405301_HDR_1.jpg

that 626 though.... *drool* 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

that 626 though.... *drool* 

4 door sh*tbox if you ask me...

Real driver's build european bullets like saab turbo's, Porsches and bmw's😀

Edited by Racer7x
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

4 door sh*tbox if you ask me...

Real driver's build european bullets like saab turbo's, Porsches and bmw's😀

And Mondeos!  We were even featured on grand tour!  Except, it's not a mondeo.  Or an ST200.  Or a wagon.

....I'll show myself out.

Edited by krispykritter
  • Haha 2

so who got top speed?    I think we might have seen 145mph once or twice.   I'm wondering if there are any 160+ cars out there

1 hour ago, theblue said:

so who got top speed?    I think we might have seen 145mph once or twice.   I'm wondering if there are any 160+ cars out there

Nobody went over 140..............that should be the story from all of us if we want to keep this racing affordable at Daytona.........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Since I actually got my videos posted early for once here is almost 6 hours of Miata footage before the motor moved on to a better place. 

They are displayed in order from start to boom for your viewing pleasure. 

** Headphone users beware. This camera has possibly the worst microphone in the history of digital recording. You've been warned! **

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, theblue said:

you'd need a big bad V8 for that 😎

After doing some quick math we were pretty close to that mark at the Tri-oval a couple of time when we really pushed it. But the Corvette was built for that track. 

Edited by smitham32803

13 hours ago, theblue said:

T&A Racing had a great event overall and would like to thank Champcar, The workers and track, and other drivers who make this event awesome.   Tim and I jumped in the truck after work on Wednesday and drove through the night 1000 miles to get to Daytona and prep.  Our car (and drivers) have room to optimize but overall everything went well.  We didn't need to so much as turn a screwdriver the entire race.  We did swap tires on the front once just because and need to relocate our fuel pump switch as a driver bumped it shutting the car off on track and not realizing it which cost us 5 minutes.   I believe we finished 15th overall with 10 minutes of dead time and a couple pits that went 2-5 minutes longer than they should have.  It's amazing how thirsty cars are here, we normally can get 2 hours without fual saving but only got 1:30 at most going wide open.

Here is our best lap..... completed under a yellow 

and here is first 30 mins of my second stint with lots of traffic / fun stuff

And a big shout out to you for hauling the parts I needed for our Acura build down from New York - so much appreciated and looking forward to the future and on the track with you all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HeelToeNick said:

Since I actually got my videos posted early for once here is almost 6 hours of Miata footage before the motor moved on to a better place. 

They are displayed in order from start to boom for your viewing pleasure. 

** Headphone users beware. This camera has possibly the worst microphone in the history of digital recording. You've been warned! **

Thanks for posting.  It seems like very few people post full-stint videos like this.  I had a couple of hours to kill last night and really enjoyed watching these stints.

Yes, thanks. I have to say, these three videos are a pretty good way to see how a ChampCar race progresses, especially at Daytona...and I was there.😁

Thank you to the entire ChampCar staff, especially RayJay (or is that JayRay) and Dana for hosting an outstanding event. 

You guys are keepin it real.

• Thanks 1

The red convertible Rx7 had a secret weapon that prevented me from even attempt to go side by side. That ear piercing exhaust note should be used by the military to disperse crowds!! My ears are still ringing...

Screenshot_20190417-105000_1.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

The red convertible Rx7 had a secret weapon that prevented me from even attempt to go side by side. That ear piercing exhaust note should be used by the military to disperse crowds!! My ears are still ringing...

Can relate completely.  A few years back there was an exceptionally painful one at Road Atlanta.  I passed him very aggressively just because I couldn’t stand to run behind him.  I couldn’t help but wonder how many dive-bombs that car got from people having the same thought.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ablesnead said:

that car turned  2.16's    ...... you would have to haul to run beside him !

One of the drivers was mostly in the high 2:20s.  But you are right, two of the drivers were able to flog that horse pretty hard. 

6 hours ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

Haha really? We changed the exhaust this year. It’s way quieter, but sounds like it’s tuned to the brown note. 

On 4/15/2019 at 5:36 PM, Bill Strong said:

I knew I had seen that before.

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 5.33.40 PM.png

That is NOT the Enterprise. This is!!! 

Mombassa Anchor.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeremylowe said:

Haha really? We changed the exhaust this year. It’s way quieter, but sounds like it’s tuned to the brown note. 

I'd be surprised if it didn't exceed 96dB IAW the rules. Have you had it tested? It was loud at Road Atlanta too.

3 hours ago, Jeremylowe said:

Jeremy,

Did you get wrecked late in the race?

7 minutes ago, DanKing said:

Jeremy,

Did you get wrecked late in the race?

I crashed into the Saab exiting the bus stop, right as he lost power and was trying to get off track. A risky pass turned into a  bad situation. Bonehead impatient move on my part. 

As for the exhaust. It’s really quiet in the car, and we couldn’t hear it going by from the pits. 

48 minutes ago, Jeremylowe said:

I crashed into the Saab exiting the bus stop, right as he lost power and was trying to get off track. A risky pass turned into a  bad situation. Bonehead impatient move on my part. 

As for the exhaust. It’s really quiet in the car, and we couldn’t hear it going by from the pits. 

Last year we had a driver lose all forward momentum trying to avoid ANY contact from fanning cars passing him when a fuel pump died. We were leading the race and it was one lap after a yellow restart so the pack on his heals was large and also impatient. They split him as he waited for the gap between a pack of cars to break for the dirt. He made it to the left edge of the track but couldn’t get it in the grass. That led to the best Memo Gidley reinactment since Memo Gidley. Unfortunately the track hadn’t improved flagging from the international horseshoe to the kink after that. It also cost a Miata team their race weekend and several more to rebuild plus the numerous hours it took us to rebuild the Saab. Thank god there where no injuries. Crazy as it seems the damage we both have to fix from this weekend, although avoidable, is a win comparatively and what our driver is supposed to do when you lose power. 

Our team now makes it a point to tell any novices to go ahead and force contact if that’s that it takes to not die on track but it’s also important for us and every other team to please provide an exit path if they see a car severely off pace. Be patient, look up and keep it shiny side up y’all  

• Like 3