2 minutes ago, red0 said:

FYI the classes are not based on speed, they are based on arbitrary engine displacements which have no real bearing on speed or power. 

I feel the classes work pretty well.   please lets not end up bracket racing.

27 minutes ago, theblue said:

I feel the classes work pretty well.   please lets not end up bracket racing.

Some teams like the class structure, and I am not advocating changing it. I am simply explaining that a D class car is not faster than an A class car or a B class car etc. You could change  out the displacements to exterior colors of the cars and it would serve the same purpose. 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, red0 said:

FYI the classes are not based on speed, they are based on arbitrary engine displacements which have no real bearing on speed or power. 

But it is well received! Nothing to see here, it affects morale positively with no downside.

• Like 1

Just now, Team Infiniti said:

But it is well received! Nothing to see here, it affects morale positively with no downside.

Correct, I didn't suggest changing anything. I was just clarifying that they are not performance and people should not think they are. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 12:30 PM, NGO28 said:

Tim here from the ADS racing #234 Dodge Neon- I consider the 626 to be the standard for how a class B car should run. Some of these other class B cars have us by up to 10s a lap no matter the track while the 626 has us by 4-6 seconds which we can maybe fix. EDIT- I take it back after REALLY checking lap times; 626 has us by 10s as well. Jon, need more powwa

Hey Tim, do you know how much time, effort and money they have put into the mazda? If I had to guess probably a lot more than you guys have in the neon...

That car was made quick by them...

Megasquirt with custom dyno tuning...check

Aftermarket lightweight 15x9 wheels...check

The right brand 245/15's tires and the right pads and rotors to stop them...check

I already saw where someone said you need to swap in a '00-'02 2.4 NA motor to up your game. How about putting in hot cam/cams in said motor, cut the head/block, have it run on MS3 with larger injectors and tuned for maximun performance and mpg on a dyno... 

All the little things add up and the good teams do this and then some...

Good luck with the rest of the year...

Edited by Racer7x
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

Hey Tim, do you know how much time, effort and money they have put into the mazda? If I had to guess probably a lot more than you guys have in the neon...

The right brand 245/15's tires and the right pads and rotors to stop them...check

I already saw where someone said you need to swap in a '00-'02 2.4 NA motor to up your game. How about putting in hot cam/cams in said motor, cut the head/block, have it run on MS3 with larger injectors and tuned for maximun performance and mpg on a dyno... 

Lets calm down, the car only has 17x8's and runs 245's.    It is the gold standard so it's is hard to measure up too. 

You should see it when the owners drive it...   

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Lets calm down, the car only has 17x8's and runs 245's.    It is the gold standard so it's is hard to measure up too. 

You should see it when the owners drive it...   

You mean you guys don't lift out of the throttle at the start/finish line at Daytona😊

39 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

You mean you guys don't lift out of the throttle at the start/finish line at Daytona😊

We had some really good renters at Daytona. Two of them actually went 2 seconds FASTER than a regular renter (that has raced the car 4 or 5 times) did at the Daytona race last year and he is typically either the fast lap or pretty damn close. And we haven't changed much on the car since then, just got some good and solid drivers in the car. I'm just glad we got the car repaired and back out there and everybody got their stints. We had guys in from Las Vegas, Boston and (I think) Canada. We would have felt worse than they did if the car wasn't back out on-track. 

And I did some quick math...if we didn't have that problem with the main seal, and based on only a 2:30 lap time during the lost stint, we'd have placed 11th-12th at Daytona and won class. 

Durability sure is a huge part of it...

• Like 3

Them "what ifs" suck sometimes

We were 4th when the fuel pump quit last year, a few years ago we were top 3 or better @ 5pm when MOV penalty laps were finally added.. We deserved them you say? Not really, there was a huge gap behind our win @ PBIR 18/38 when 2nd place dropped out with a hour to go.

• If we hadn't blow up the transmission, we would have won by 10 laps overall.....................maybe just a tad optimistic, but hey, why not :)

16 minutes ago, CutlassRacer said:
  • If we hadn't blow up the transmission, we would have won by 10 laps overall.....................maybe just a tad optimistic, but hey, why not :)

Only if we still cracked ours.  😝

Edited by Snake
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Racer7x said:

Yeah, only one of our renters had driven Daytona before.   Not that its a hard track but... new car and track at the same time.   All of them got quicker as their stints progressed and all of them are welcome back to rent with us again anytime.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah, only one of our renters had driven Daytona before.   Not that its a hard track but... new car and track at the same time.   All of them got quicker as their stints progressed and all of them are welcome back to rent with us again anytime.  

Same here with my renters, but did yours bring you bottles of Don Q Cristal rum from Puerto Rico😁

30 minutes ago, Snake said:

Only if we still cracked ours.  😝

Trueeeee true :) 

I think it would have been an interesting race had we both stayed healthy. Would have definitely been for the overall win. We would have two hour stinted every stint on you guys and you would be flying to make up for the extra fuel pit stop(s?). Maybe we can lobby for sequential gearboxes so we can race it out, for "safety" of course ;) 

lolol

1 hour ago, CutlassRacer said:

Maybe we can lobby for sequential gearboxes so we can race it out, for "safety" of course ;) 

lolol

Driver comfort

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

haha.      I also ran the numbers, if we had skipped the infield we would have won by 20 laps.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, theblue said:

haha.      I also ran the numbers, if we had skipped the infield we would have won by 20 laps.

Only 20?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CutlassRacer said:

Only 20?

I figure we would take an hour off for lunch also.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:57 PM, Racer7x said:

Yep, no disrespect- all of the fast B cars are fast for a reason. Most of the work done on the Neon is to keep it reliable and safe which it is with 100% of the manpower coming from the owner- I just play mule on load/unload days. The current 2.4L is down on power, we know that but even if up to par, we still need 20 HP more to be competitive in B. Jon already has several options at his disposal to up the power or just keep it reliable, have fun (thanks ChampCar), finish races and dream of shiny new things that might be on the horizon

• Like 1

I finally finished splicing together the multitude of our in-car GoPro videos.  Below are all of our stints from flag to flag.  This was a very fun and weekend for us.  We ran a nearly perfect race with no contact or mechanical issues (for a change).

Stint 2:

Stint 3: 

Stint 4

Stint 5

Stint 6

Stint 7

• Like 1