WastedAccounts

Incident Friday night in the yellow garages at Daytona 14 hour

I was leaving to get lunch for the team around 11:20 on race day and saw the Corvette Summer Miata on the trailer leaving the track. They were pulled off into the grass just before Gate 40. 

I have to imagine somebody did something really shitty. 

Is it possible this was a person or persons involved with the USCA event? 

Edited by Snorman

For those of us going to an event this weekend, we have no idea what new hazard we may need to be concerned about. 

Was someone’s wife or kids harmed?

Was a car sabotaged?

Was something stolen?

I’m sure whatever happened was awful for Wasted.  Based on the existence of a photo, it would seem that there was some suspicion on the part of the photo taker that something bad might occur. 

I sure wish we knew the magnitude:   Unsportsmanlike, misdemeanor, felony, etc.  

From the little I do know, most likely a isolated incident, probably felony, not physical harm.

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

For those of us going to an event this weekend, we have no idea what new hazard we may need to be concerned about. 

Was someone’s wife or kids harmed?

Was a car sabotaged?

Was something stolen?

I’m sure whatever happened was awful for Wasted.  Based on the existence of a photo, it would seem that there was some suspicion on the part of the photo taker that something bad might occur. 

I sure wish we knew the magnitude:   Unsportsmanlike, misdemeanor, felony, etc.  

Agreed, I'd like to know if I need to take a different approach the my weekend at the track. I don't always lock up ALL of my tools during the race, I leave them in my garage space should we need them in a hurry. I also leave my car unattended in the garage during meetings and whatnot.

• Like 1

I spent most of my time at the blue garages.  At the time of the incident, we were at DJ's Deck in Port Orange.  I had the shrimp and scallops, grilled.  They were good.  After that we went home and got an early turn in so we would be rested up for the race.

I just thought I would add more useful info to this information filled thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Yes, heard the car was f*cked with and unable to run...internal team issue

Edited by Racer7x

I don't want to speak out of place is why. It was only a situation our team had that lead me to the information but as best I can tell it was internal team issue that caused others to not be able to run the race.

2 hours ago, Mchin said:

but as best I can tell it was internal team issue that caused others to not be able to run the race.

So it had nothing to do with the two people pictured in the original post?  Or were they on the team and claim not to have been there at the time of the incident?   Or maybe it's just none of my business (not possible since it's on the internet).

Edited by zack_280
Questionable questions.
  • Haha 1

Fellow Champ Racer has asked for our help let’s do anything possible....

From my understanding, those people’s deliberate actions , whatever they may have been, killed the teams ability to race this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

From my understanding, those people’s deliberate actions , whatever they may have been, killed the teams ability to race this weekend. 

Yes please. More help, less speculation. 

48 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Agreed, lets also make sure those people who were involved with ruining someones race weekend before it even started are never allowed back in to another champcar race.

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

How do we know the original poster is legit and not doing something suspicious?

This is how brigading starts on the internet.     Lets not perpetuate that.

If the OP wants help, offer up proof of wrongdoing and lets figure it out.  Otherwise, we have no proof the OP isn't attempting wrongdoing personally.

• Like 2

While I can agree to your point, I have no reason to disbelieve the original poster, our team has worked closely with these guys for 2 events, solid peeps...

Not knowing everything, I do know more then permitted to disclose, not looking to punish anyone, just get to the bottom.

I've got some kindling and some diesel fuel and a lighter and some free time.  Not saying I'd burn them at the stake based on a vague post by a stranger on the internet, but I'm not not saying it either.  

The phrase 'internal team issue' seems to mean a different thing to me than pretty much everyone else on this thread.  My buddy Cho has had a lot of excuses lately that have limited his time helping on the new car build.  Maybe they are valid, but he's supposed to be an equal partner on the team.  That's an internal team issue.  If Cho decided to loosen the wheel bearing nuts or poured metal shavings in the oil fill hole the night before a race (or if I even suspected him of it), that would be an internal team issue, too.  I'd probably be getting out an auger, quickcrete, and setting a stake into the ground for no particular reason, but I probably wouldn't be asking for information on a thread about it...Because it's an INTERNAL team issue.  This just seems to be a bit EXTERNAL to me, since, you know, there's a public thread about it. 

IRRegardless, I hope the OP gets some closure and never again has to deal with whatever it was that inspired this thread.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Huggy said:

How do we know the original poster is legit and not doing something suspicious?

This is how brigading starts on the internet.     Lets not perpetuate that.

If the OP wants help, offer up proof of wrongdoing and lets figure it out.  Otherwise, we have no proof the OP isn't attempting wrongdoing personally.

Good point. Not knowing what actually happened, this could be drumming outrage against somebody who did nothing. 

I guess I just want to make sure I don't rent to the wrong folks...  hard enough running a car when everyone wants to keep it going, unspeakable with there's sabotage...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDChristianson said:

Whatever this is about, from Internet joking to something legitimately bad, this seems like a pretty unhealthy thread. 

Yeah. Once the OP gets whatever info he was hoping to get from this, it would be great if @Bill Strong deleted the entire thread.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

Yeah. Once the OP gets whatever info he was hoping to get from this, it would be great if @Bill Strong deleted the entire thread.  

Should just lock and close it now. 

• Like 1

HEY..... LOOOK.....

IT WASN'T ME!!!!!

Most crimes of passion are committed by friends and family...... Tony Scungili didn't just wander into the track and whack somebodies.... dis is a personal thing ... obviously.