Trackside Support from Money Shift Racing

So here’s the deal. My company, Money Shift Racing, is planning on attending 6 races this year in a trackside support role. We are looking for feedback on items we should have on the trailer in case you guys need something in a pinch. We are planning on stocking things like various grades of Schaeffer’s Synthetic Lubricants, nomex Socks, speed bleeders, harnesses, and what not.

What we need from the teams is to know what grades of oil are you using and if there ever was a time you got to the track and realized you forgot something. 

We we will be attending the following races:

NCM

Indy

Gingerman (also Racing)

Nelson Ledges

Pitt Race

Sebring

Also, if there are parts you need and would want delivered to any of these races just let us know!

Thanks

Kevyn Kistner

• Like 1

Ive got a few suggestions from our pack list. I usually have enough of everything but it would be nice for people to have extra just in case 

Motul 600 

Water wetter

10w40 or 20w50 engine oil 

75w90 Gear lube 

Manual trans fluid 

Spare miata parts :-)

5 point cam lock harnesses 

Hankook RS4s 245 40 15

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I meant to post a shout out as soon as we got home but totally forgot!

These guys were a life saver to have at the track.  We missed a bin while packing and didn't have any fluids with us.  These guys not only had what we needed at the track, but had plenty of stock so we could load up.  The far more impressive thing is that the prices weren't heavily inflated.  The price of a quart of oil was about the same as autozone for what we buy and they even gave me a case discount!

Thanks for being at the track guys.  I hope it paid off for you and we will make sure to support you in the future.

I highly encourage all teams to support the people who support us the most and are at the track with the things we really need in a pinch.

• Like 3

NASCAR to imsa adapters.

A few head and neck restraints.

Some sfi gloves, and socks

Cool shirt end fittings

Stickers

Maybe even a few entire helmet imsa harnesses

A smattering of coolshirts

Drink bottles and drink bottle mounts

Hats (big floppy ones)

Cheap sunglasses

Just things that I have forgotten at home that would have been a miracle if somebody was selling at the track!

• Like 3

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 minute ago, wvumtnbkr said:

NASCAR to imsa adapters.

Cool shirt end fittings

Stickers

Hats (big floppy ones)

Cheap sunglasses

Just things that I have forgotten at home that would have been a miracle if somebody was selling at the track!

Good list! 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 1:17 PM, Clueless Racing said:

I meant to post a shout out as soon as we got home but totally forgot!

These guys were a life saver to have at the track.  We missed a bin while packing and didn't have any fluids with us.  These guys not only had what we needed at the track, but had plenty of stock so we could load up.  The far more impressive thing is that the prices weren't heavily inflated.  The price of a quart of oil was about the same as autozone for what we buy and they even gave me a case discount!

Thanks for being at the track guys.  I hope it paid off for you and we will make sure to support you in the future.

I highly encourage all teams to support the people who support us the most and are at the track with the things we really need in a pinch.

Thanks for the shout out! We are racers just like all of you and try our best to treat everyone the way we like to be treated. At the end of the day offering a friendly service or part at a fair price is what its all about. 

We ship as well so if an when you need some more reach out to us and we can take care of you!

On 7/19/2019 at 3:09 PM, wvumtnbkr said:

NASCAR to imsa adapters.

Cool shirt end fittings

Stickers

Hats (big floppy ones)

Cheap sunglasses

Most of these are now part of the regular stocking items. Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 7:47 PM, Team Infiniti said:

Chapstick, you never know that one race where you need it

We actually have our own brand now! My wife makes a really awesome lip balm that is a cocoa butter/coconut oil/organic bees wax based that goes on smooth and lasts all day.  

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 3:21 PM, bbaker480 said:

The absolute cheapest SFI gloves you can find, in XXL so they fit everyone, so that we stop ruining good gloves fueling the car!

I will do some searching and see what I can come up with.  I think I can come up with something better than $189 AlpineStar gloves for fueling the car. LOL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Money Shift Racing said:

I will do some searching and see what I can come up with.  I think I can come up with something better than $189 AlpineStar gloves for fueling the car. LOL.

I will hold off buying a pair and come see you at Gingerman then!

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, MR2 Biohazard said:

Money Shift saved me at Nelsons.  One of my hunsakers got a crack in a seem and they had them there. Got to love that. Thanks guys.

Happy to help!

On 7/24/2020 at 9:56 AM, wvumtnbkr said:

They saved me at nels9ns too.  I called on Wednesday asking about ear buds and a cool shirt.  They had them waiting for me on Friday morning!

Thanks guys!

Hopefully your cat knows to not eat the race car items now. :)