Jump to content
Racer7x

Stoptech Front Big Brake Kit

Recommended Posts

 

Didn't see where the bccr states the points add for going over the 2x rules on calipers/rotors?

 

Anyone have an idea what the points add should be for a Stoptech $2,300 front big brake kit?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Racer7x said:

 

Didn't see where the bccr states the points add for going over the 2x rules on calipers/rotors?

 

Anyone have an idea what the points add should be for a Stoptech $2,300 front big brake kit?

My guess would be 5-points/corner based on this:

Quote

4.8.2. Wilwood calipers, up to a maximum of 4 pistons, that exceed the 2X Rule will be valued at 5 pts per caliper.

That being said, I 'thought' somebody on TAC or from Tech had commented that they were looking at modifying this language to include any 4-piston caliper, not just Wilwoods. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cryo rotors, good ducting, pf08 pads, oem brakes don't do enough?

 

people keep asking me why we don't do the free E46 330i brake swap on our E36...  I tell them because we don't need it.

Edited by theblue
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We asked Tech this very question for a new build we're working on- Stoptech kit at a similar price point: 50 points.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ross2004 said:

We asked Tech this very question for a new build we're working on- Stoptech kit at a similar price point: 50 points.

giphy.gif

 

That doesn't even make any sense. According to 4.8.2 you can run a Wilwood over 2x for 5-points a corner but will be charged "50 points" for the Stoptech kit. 

Just ridiculous...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilwood is a series sponsor, Stoptech is not. Many things do not make sense.

 

To be fair, the "kit" is the Stoptech caliper and two-piece rotor combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this is my car I guess I should add you should look at OEM Pricing for Said 500 Pt 9000 RPM import. Also it makes 200 at the wheels when we had it dyno tuned.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Racer7x said:

 

Didn't see where the bccr states the points add for going over the 2x rules on calipers/rotors?

 

Anyone have an idea what the points add should be for a Stoptech $2,300 front big brake kit?

 

 

I'm glad we have a big America car. Our C6 upgrade only cost about $500 and was zero points, and we can go to any parts store for parts... 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ross2004 said:

Wilwood is a series sponsor, Stoptech is not. Many things do not make sense.

 

To be fair, the "kit" is the Stoptech caliper and two-piece rotor combo.

But to assess points based on the brand is just silly. It's beyond not making sense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I guess I need a bigger budget...

 

'04 325ci $600, 6pt pre-fabbed Rollcage Components cage and install $1,000...

 

I couldn't justify $2,300 for a pair of FRONT calipers and rotors/pads...

 

 

 

 

Edited by Racer7x
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

 

I guess I need a bigger budget...

 

'04 325ci $600, 6pt pre-fabbed Rollcage Components cage and install $1,200...

 

I couldn't justify $2,300 for a pair of front calipers and rotors/pads...

 

 

 

 

Luckily Stoptech liked we were putting together and Partnered with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoptech refused to cooperate once I told them my requested kit would not be going on a car they had not engineered the system for :rolleyes:

 

Kit requested for 2003 350z brembo upgrade to stoptech (our brakes are off the shelf, no mod 350z stuff, on the car 3 years, well tested and balanced but that was not good enough, the conversation was cut short)

 

Will not be calling them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Stoptech refused to cooperate once I told them my requested kit would not be going on a car they had not engineered the system for :rolleyes:

 

Kit requested for 2003 350z brembo upgrade to stoptech (our brakes are off the shelf, no mod 350z stuff, on the car 3 years, well tested and balanced but that was not good enough, the conversation was cut short)

 

Will not be calling them back.

We worked a deal with bigbrakeupgrade.com Very good people and very good product. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...