Racer7x

Stoptech Front Big Brake Kit

Didn't see where the bccr states the points add for going over the 2x rules on calipers/rotors?

Anyone have an idea what the points add should be for a Stoptech $2,300 front big brake kit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racer7x said:

Didn't see where the bccr states the points add for going over the 2x rules on calipers/rotors?

Anyone have an idea what the points add should be for a Stoptech $2,300 front big brake kit?

My guess would be 5-points/corner based on this:

4.8.2. Wilwood calipers, up to a maximum of 4 pistons, that exceed the 2X Rule will be valued at 5 pts per caliper.

That being said, I 'thought' somebody on TAC or from Tech had commented that they were looking at modifying this language to include any 4-piston caliper, not just Wilwoods. 

• Like 1

cryo rotors, good ducting, pf08 pads, oem brakes don't do enough?

people keep asking me why we don't do the free E46 330i brake swap on our E36...  I tell them because we don't need it.

Edited by theblue
  • Like 1

We asked Tech this very question for a new build we're working on- Stoptech kit at a similar price point: 50 points.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ross2004 said:

We asked Tech this very question for a new build we're working on- Stoptech kit at a similar price point: 50 points.

giphy.gif

That doesn't even make any sense. According to 4.8.2 you can run a Wilwood over 2x for 5-points a corner but will be charged "50 points" for the Stoptech kit. 

Just ridiculous...

Wilwood is a series sponsor, Stoptech is not. Many things do not make sense.

To be fair, the "kit" is the Stoptech caliper and two-piece rotor combo.

Since this is my car I guess I should add you should look at OEM Pricing for Said 500 Pt 9000 RPM import. Also it makes 200 at the wheels when we had it dyno tuned.

2 hours ago, Racer7x said:

I'm glad we have a big America car. Our C6 upgrade only cost about $500 and was zero points, and we can go to any parts store for parts... 😄

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ross2004 said:

Wilwood is a series sponsor, Stoptech is not. Many things do not make sense.

To be fair, the "kit" is the Stoptech caliper and two-piece rotor combo.

But to assess points based on the brand is just silly. It's beyond not making sense. 

• Like 1

I guess I need a bigger budget...

'04 325ci $600, 6pt pre-fabbed Rollcage Components cage and install $1,000...

I couldn't justify $2,300 for a pair of FRONT calipers and rotors/pads...

Edited by Racer7x
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

I guess I need a bigger budget...

'04 325ci $600, 6pt pre-fabbed Rollcage Components cage and install $1,200...

I couldn't justify $2,300 for a pair of front calipers and rotors/pads...

Luckily Stoptech liked we were putting together and Partnered with us.

Stoptech refused to cooperate once I told them my requested kit would not be going on a car they had not engineered the system for :rolleyes:

Kit requested for 2003 350z brembo upgrade to stoptech (our brakes are off the shelf, no mod 350z stuff, on the car 3 years, well tested and balanced but that was not good enough, the conversation was cut short)

Will not be calling them back.

3 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Stoptech refused to cooperate once I told them my requested kit would not be going on a car they had not engineered the system for :rolleyes:

Kit requested for 2003 350z brembo upgrade to stoptech (our brakes are off the shelf, no mod 350z stuff, on the car 3 years, well tested and balanced but that was not good enough, the conversation was cut short)

Will not be calling them back.

We worked a deal with bigbrakeupgrade.com Very good people and very good product. 

• Like 1