wesleyw

2019 Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL

8 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

What exactly happened there - were you too focused on the mirror?  It didn’t seem like you ran out of grip, but videos can be hard to interpret. 

I really don't know. Momentary lapse of concentration? Had a hand off the wheel for a moment and the car doesn't have powersteering. Could have a been just a moment where the car shifted going over that change in surface and I couldn't control it. I was definitely relieved when I knew that nothing was broken.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

His laser vision was focused on the apex.

Damn, took my answer. 

On 4/28/2019 at 6:21 PM, Wyatt said:

I caught a screw going into Nascar Turn 3 In car #307 NBY. Definitely wasn't fun by any stretch. Tire went flat and the inside bead of the tire tore completely. 

FB_IMG_1556389818016.jpg

check the plywood on your trailer. i found after pulling car on and off trailer the screws will pull out of the plywood and can be quite the hazard. 

47 minutes ago, Bremsen said:

You guys try disconnecting the rear sway?  Hate to see what that thing handles like in the wet 😲

not bad- at least in my opinion- we had a 2nd and 1st at VIR north in the rain last December.  The second day we did put the wing on the car and that helped.  It really isn't that bad, but for some reason it didn't like Charlotte...

56 minutes ago, chip said:

not bad- at least in my opinion- we had a 2nd and 1st at VIR north in the rain last December.  The second day we did put the wing on the car and that helped.  It really isn't that bad, but for some reason it didn't like Charlotte...

Probably your driving skill level, not the car at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, a914freak said:

I wish we could carry that kind of speed through the infield....

16 hours ago, Huggy said:

I commend your driver for the infield exit spin.  If they tried to be a hero they would have met a similar fate to the other crashes there,  Two feet in, live to fight another day.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, a914freak said:

Im building a 3 speed 091 auto with and LSD and a modified manual valve body thats going to be mated to a J32 engine from an Acura TL Type S.  

I believe we spoke in the garage, in answer to your build question, check your PM

1 hour ago, ross2004 said:

That's a lot of oil pressure on the NBY machine :o

After losing two motors to oil related issues we went in a different direction with this build. Aka 15W-50

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jer said:

I commend your driver for the infield exit spin.  If they tried to be a hero they would have met a similar fate to the other crashes there,  Two feet in, live to fight another day.  

That was me, still learning the car and trying different lines.  I luckily have a lot of time on the sim @charlotte and knew from experience on there that trying to catch a spin on the oval is highly dangerous.  The Huggy 246 is tricky to drive but honestly a complete blast.  It was so interesting to contrast the 2 Huggy machines.  The 246 rotates so easily, if you can manage that then you can really lower the laptimes, but you have to really think ahead (almost Mr2 Like) so you don't get her to "rotated".  The 146 car is a lot like the Danger Racing SC300 with more front end grip.  It will basically let you get away with very bad technique and save you from yourself.  I honestly prefer the 246, maybe because of the challenge, could be the way the car accelerates off the corner, but I came out of that car super energized even though I had two spins early in the stint.  The 146 just put down laps with no drama, even with traffic laptimes were very close.  Both cars I was still finding more grip even as the session ended.  Totally understand why guys love the e30 now!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hurljohn said:

That was me, still learning the car and trying different lines.  I luckily have a lot of time on the sim @charlotte and knew from experience on there that trying to catch a spin on the oval is highly dangerous.  The Huggy 246 is tricky to drive but honestly a complete blast.  It was so interesting to contrast the 2 Huggy machines.  The 246 rotates so easily, if you can manage that then you can really lower the laptimes, but you have to really think ahead (almost Mr2 Like) so you don't get her to "rotated".  The 146 car is a lot like the Danger Racing SC300 with more front end grip.  It will basically let you get away with very bad technique and save you from yourself.  I honestly prefer the 246, maybe because of the challenge, could be the way the car accelerates off the corner, but I came out of that car super energized even though I had two spins early in the stint.  The 146 just put down laps with no drama, even with traffic laptimes were very close.  Both cars I was still finding more grip even as the session ended.  Totally understand why guys love the e30 now!

Was that you both times?  I may have to put you in last at Indy....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Burningham said:

Was that you both times?  I may have to put you in last at Indy....

jerk....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hurljohn said:

jerk....

I literally laughed out loud typing that last response.  

Paul Rudd Jason Segel I love you man I love you trending GIF

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Burningham said:

I literally laughed out loud typing that last response.  

Paul Rudd Jason Segel I love you man I love you trending GIF

at least the other drivers would get their stints in...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chip said:

at least the other drivers would get their stints in...

Ooooooooooooooooo

10 hours ago, chip said:

Are you running the JRW 15x10' and stretching a 245? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hurljohn said:

Im pretty sure I was behind you John for a few laps, and you handled the car well.......4 years of driving the taxi has made me a better driver, the car definitely  keeps you active on the steering coming out of turns while squeezing the throttle.  It's more of a challenge keeping the car on the edge for sure.

1 hour ago, a914freak said:

A 245 isn't too much of a stretch on a 10.

205 on 8.  225 on 9.  245 on 10.  The 245 could go on a 9 as well and be Almost as good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

A 245 isn't too much of a stretch on a 10.

205 on 8.  225 on 9.  245 on 10.  The 245 could go on a 9 as well and be Almost as good.

245 on a 10 is actually perfect IMO  We run 9' and 245 but they were not available from TR this time around so we went back to the 8's and 225.  I wanted to put the 225's on the 9's but  there was concern with a team member that it may not be safe on the high banks of Charlotte.  Saw lots of cars doing it (partly because no one could get the 245 RS's)or maybe there is a new trend to do the slight stretch.

11 hours ago, a914freak said:

Yep

Hankooks are still being delayed by Tire-Rack.  My order, placed in January of this year, has slipped from March to June.  Oh well

3 Tires from Simon and 2 tires from Andrew and I had barely enough to play

@whitney  I still owe you guys for those three tires.

46 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Note to self, never let @Hurljohn drive my E30. 

He's welcome in my car.  We've all spun, he kept it off the walls.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1