Race Monitor seems to have been dropped from use by T&S.

Is there any possibility to get it back, or is there a technical/financial/other reason for its dis-usage?

I know it costs money from the user end ($5/yr), but its a far superior product IMO

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Race Monitor seems to have been dropped from use by T&S.

Is there any possibility to get it back, or is there a technical/financial/other reason for its dis-usage?

I know it costs money from the user end ($5/yr), but its a far superior product IMO

Agree that it is far superior.  I used to follow almost all of the races I wasn’t at (and couldn’t watch the broadcast), but race hero is so unreliable that I give up on a lot of them.  I keep refreshing and it changes who is leading when I know there probably aren’t lead changes because there are laps between the cars and it switches them back and forth (hard to lose two laps and then get two laps back when neither car pitted)

6 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

After talking with Mike this past weekend we are going to be bringing back both Race Monitor and Race Hero. Stay tuned. 

Both can be equally bad, but hopefully not at the same time.... so to speak. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHA? Race monitor is garbage in my experience i always end up using race hero  

• Like 3

I liked Race Monitor. Race Hero, IMHO, is only better due to its ability to track the driver in the car, which unfortunately does not work with Chumpcar.  It often doesn't work correctly though.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 1:48 PM, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

After talking with Mike this past weekend we are going to be bringing back both Race Monitor and Race Hero. Stay tuned. 

Thank you, that’s great news.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 1:48 PM, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

THANK YOU!!!!!   

Race Monitor is my favorite!!!

On 4/30/2019 at 6:09 PM, Jamie said:

WHA? Race monitor is garbage in my experience i always end up using race hero  

This was my experience as well but more options for everyone is better.   Good call by Mike.   People can choose what platforms works best for them. 

• Like 1

I like the layout of Race Monitor better, but I hate that it drops early laps. I use the paid version, so I can drill down for each car. Race Hero is a better free app, but I don't dig the horizontal layout when drilling down on a car's history. They are both glitchy and I think it depends on their servers and your internet connection. Happy to have both. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, nina20 said:

keep refreshing and it changes who is leading when I know there probably aren’t lead changes because there are laps between the cars and it switches them back and forth (3

That’s what happens when I use race hero.  Is it Hero or Monitor that is doing that for you?

That's great news.  Just the one missing feature (predictive as to where on track your car is) was extremely missed and important.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jer said:

That's great news.  Just the one missing feature (predictive as to where on track your car is) was extremely missed and important.  

??? What feature is this?! I've never seen or used this before. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thewheelerZ said:

??? What feature is this?! I've never seen or used this before. 

From my experience it is found on the IOS version of the race monitor app. 

20 minutes ago, thewheelerZ said:

@red0 @Jer Awesome. Learn something new every day! Little bar below the current/best lap info. Never noticed that before. Great feature that I will definitely  be able to use!

Goes yellow if you are more than about 3-5 seconds off your usual lap, and red at a certain point too. It works great to know when to watch you car hit the start finish too. 

At some tracks where you can't communicate with your driver all the way around the track, it is critical to know about where the car is so you can prep for communication.  We also use it to know approximately how soon your car will hit pit road and prepare for it.  And worst, is when the bar goes red.  What happened!?  

• Like 2

^^^ Exactly this! When you are looking for your car inevitably you miss seeing it and it feels like an eternity for it to complete another lap while you wait and worry if they are still running! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Couldn't decide between the thanks and the Laugh.    but yes this is very true

Wow...Is it an Iphone thing?  Race Hero works great for me.  I had more issues with Race Monitor and I had to pay for the same features that were free in Race Hero.  I might check out Race Monitor for the Watkins Glen race since I still have it on my phone and it's paid up for the moment.  Maybe it's gotten better in the last year or so.

3 minutes ago, zack_280 said:

Wow...Is it an Iphone thing?  Race Hero works great for me.  I had more issues with Race Monitor and I had to pay for the same features that were free in Race Hero.  I might check out Race Monitor for the Watkins Glen race since I still have it on my phone and it's paid up for the moment.  Maybe it's gotten better in the last year or so.

The last race we were running android, iphone, and PC, and all sucked. In the past we have had less issues with race monitor. I do use the paid version of race monitor. 

• Like 1