2. 7 A few good cylinders 1999 Mazda Miata 1 lap back to P1 class A
3. 17 Mr. Angry Motorsports 1992 Mazda Miata 2 laps back to P1 Class A
4. 07 Tazio Ottis Racing 1995 Honda Civic 12 laps back to P1 Class A
5.  126 Shakebreak 1988 BMW E30 25 laps back to P1 FTD at 1:27.452 Class C

6. 420 Team Fog 1989 Mazda Miata 28 laps back to P1 Class A

7. 147 Orange Pumpkin 1988 BMW 325 32 laps back to P1 Class C

8. 119 Wilwood 1990 Mazda Miata 34 laps back to P1 Class A

9. 135 Blown my wad 1994 BMW 325is 38 laps back to P1 Class C

10. 37 Roto Plooker Racing 1990 Mazda RX7  Class B was in pit changing transmission.
11. 68 District Motor Club 1998 BMW 328i 185 laps back to P1 Class C

Saturday images - 800+

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qgBW9SWN5uefmE9H8

Sunday Images -  a lot.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RrGM1KQ93DqASNbD8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vYC6TJtXYSgmmxpcA

Saturday Thunderhill West Full Final results
https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/5334730

Sunday Thunderhill West Bypass Final results
https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/5334731

• Thanks 1

The Sunday track config which is shorter, but has the long front straight, is 20 seconds a lap faster. The speeds going into T1 are way faster. Yesterday's top speeds at the end of the straight were in the 81 to 82 mph. Today's speeds are hitting 104mph. 

IMG_8774.jpg

2 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Who were the podium cars on Saturday?

results posted in OP

21 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

results posted in OP

One more time for the slow kids in class …. what is OP?

Sunday results?  Never mind, found it, congrats to the podium cars.  Way to go Roto Plookers on narrowly maintaining third.

Edited by Ron_e

1 hour ago, Ron_e said:

Sunday results?  Never mind, found it, congrats to the podium cars.  Way to go Roto Plookers on narrowly maintaining third.

Thanks! As noted elsewhere, we lost a transmission on Saturday, put our spare in, which was pretty sketchy, lost second gear during @Jamie's stint, and ran the whole race in third gear. Not to mention the right front brake was giving us issues and we had to change the right front tire as well. Oh... and our last driver got crossed up and during the excitement, hit the button on the seat belts and had to come in and get the seat belts re-secured. Thanks to one of the Porsche Defectors for the help with a push start. 

For a 10 car race it was pretty exciting for us. 

It was pretty exciting for us too. so may little battles going on!

Rubbing the number panel on the wall is not covered under the decal warranty

IMG_9596.jpg

18 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

For a 10 car race it was pretty exciting for us. 

It was a great last ~10 laps. Thanks to the Roto Plookers for the beer after the race, classy move and exactly what I needed following that battle! ;)

• Like 1

@acslater Dude.... when that yellow happened, we thought you would pass us eventually. It was @M.Brane's race craft and not making any mistakes that saved our butts. 

9 minutes ago, FlorahDorah said:

@acslater Dude.... when that yellow happened, we thought you would pass us eventually. It was @M.Brane's race craft and not making any mistakes that saved our butts. 

Yea, he did a nice job with his car placement and corner entry! Hope to see you guys out at the next one. We'll definitely be at Laguna in December. 

Umm I thought this track was suppose suck? It was actually really fun. Waaaaay better the Autoclub. @Alchemy Autosport Now that you have a real tow vehicle maybe you can come up 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Umm I thought this track was suppose suck? It was actually really fun. Waaaaay better than the Autoclub. @Alchemy Autosport Now that you have a real tow vehicle maybe you can come up 

::cough:: @Pee Wee

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

Umm I thought this track was suppose suck? It was actually really fun. Waaaaay better the Autoclub. @Alchemy Autosport Now that you have a real tow vehicle maybe you can come up 

saying its better than autoclub is not saying much!  and is it 10x tow distance better?!?!?!?  ;) 

Maybe next year we will make it, I want to run the Thill 25hr in NASA so we might want the practice!

14 hours ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

saying its better than autoclub is not saying much!  and is it 10x tow distance better?!?!?!?  ;) 

Maybe next year we will make it, I want to run the Thill 25hr in NASA so we might want the practice!

Yes it’s 10x tow difference better 

I have raced and driven on most of the tracks in the USA. And Thunderhill West was fun! Even in a 485hp, monster understeering turd of a pace car, I had a freaking blast. I really want to race on the west course now. 

and it cracks me up when you guys complain about towing distances. I have towed out west from Virginia multiple times to race, and each time I never complained. Every race was worth the tow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

I have raced and driven on most of the tracks in the USA. And Thunderhill West was fun! Even in a 485hp, monster understeering turd of a pace car, I had a freaking blast. I really want to race on the west course now. 

I like the west course as well but it is an unreal experience to do the full 5 mile.  In one lap you do 3 miles of old school high speed then 2 miles of new school tight and twisty.  A real challenge to do it all well.  

22 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

::cough:: @Pee Wee

Never said anything bad about the west course, just that it isn't worth the tow to me.

BTW Interstate 5 is the most miserable stretch of road on the planet.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, Pee Wee said:

BTW Interstate 5 is the most miserable stretch of road on the planet.

yes.
I think it would be way better if you could do over 55mph towing without the threat of getting a high dollar fine from the CHP.  

On 5/12/2019 at 8:27 AM, Bill Strong said:

yes.
I think it would be way better if you could do over 55mph towing without the threat of getting a high dollar fine from the CHP.  

Whoever set up the construction joints at what ever spread they are at should have to drive it in a short bed superduty for eternity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, Pee Wee said:

Whoever set up the construction joints at what ever spread they are at should have to drive it in a short bed superduty for eternity.

Thunk-thunk   thunk-thunk   thunk-thunk just on and on and on. That road is flat and straight with no crazy weather to contend with. I don't understand how it's that bad.