map.jpg

After talking to some teams at a recent event, I discovered there are quite a few people that don't know where a lot of the tracks we race at are located. Like, they did not know what state "Virginia International Raceway" was located in.
So, to help them, I have made a clickable PDF map.

don't click the image Above, because it is not interactive. You have to download the PDF. The first person that emails or messages me saying they can't do anything with the image gets 10 laps.

2019Map.pdf

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

Yes. Very nice. Are you still working on linking things up once the map takes you to the web site? Coz of course I found an error. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racer28173 said:

Nebraska has a race track?!?!  Who knew?

It is a very fun track to boot!  Think of a flat gingerman or the Brainerd comp course.  Plus, the novice school involves a tour of the track in a modified school bus, which the track owner holds and will attempt to beat his record time around in it.

Really happy its back on the schedule.  Also, One Lap was there today, albeit in the pouring rain.

26 minutes ago, hotchkis23 said:

It is a very fun track to boot!  Think of a flat gingerman or the Brainerd comp course.  Plus, the novice school involves a tour of the track in a modified school bus, which the track owner holds and will attempt to beat his record time around in it.

Really happy its back on the schedule.  Also, One Lap was there today, albeit in the pouring rain.

Any prize, if you “de-throne” the track owners time in another modified bus?

• Haha 1

I corrected Road Atlanta's new name.
Also, my proofer is away finishing up her Doctorate, which she gets tomorrow!

New version updated. 
But if you find errors, please let me know. 

23 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I corrected Road Atlanta's new name.
Also, my proofer is away finishing up her Doctorate, which she gets tomorrow!

New version updated. 
But if you find errors, please let me know. 

Bill,

Isnt it "Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta"?

10 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

Any prize, if you “de-throne” the track owners time in another modified bus?

You’ll have take that up with George.  I don’t think he’s scared of much so good luck.  

This is fantastic.  @Bill Strong, Is it okay to re-post that map on a team webpage?  VERY impressive resume of events.  No other endurance series in the country can come close to what ChampCar is offering, in terms of variety and number of events.  Quite frankly, it is why we chose ChampCar over the others.  Well done!

• Like 9

Very nice Bill  appreciate the time & effort you put into this series.  

Now I can see just how far all the other races are from Texas. Sad face. 

Nice map though. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ETR said:

Now I can see just how far all the other races are from Texas. Sad face. 

Nice map though. 

We are working on that issue for 2020, and you WILL be happy!

• Like 5

On 5/8/2019 at 8:12 PM, hotchkis23 said:

I am looking forward to Hastings!  Hopefully we can keep the car together for a whole day haha

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

We are working on that issue for 2020, and you WILL be happy!

How about High Plains in Colorado?  ;)  First class track outside of Denver.  If this track was in the east, it would be considered one of the best tracks in the country.

18 minutes ago, Jer said:

I am looking forward to Hastings!  Hopefully we can keep the car together for a whole day haha

How about High Plains in Colorado?  ;)  First class track outside of Denver.  If this track was in the east, it would be considered one of the best tracks in the country.

As you and I have talked about in the past, that is my favorite track I have ever driven.

Crazy elevation changes, fast corners, slow corners, long straight, it's got everything.  Awesome track!

25 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

As you and I have talked about in the past, that is my favorite track I have ever driven.

Crazy elevation changes, fast corners, slow corners, long straight, it's got everything.  Awesome track!

yes it is!  If we come back here, maybe you'll come drive for me.  I got down to a 2:06 in the Miata last test day there.  :)

yep. daytona is done and gone for 2019. next year I will add some different code in the calendar to make it easier to add regional events.

11 hours ago, Shane G. said:

Check date listed for NCM 2019. I think/hope it's in June not October as listed.

fixed

On 5/8/2019 at 12:13 PM, Bill Strong said:

map.jpg

After talking to some teams at a recent event, I discovered there are quite a few people that don't know where a lot of the tracks we race at are located. Like, they did not know what state "Virginia International Raceway" was located in.
So, to help them, I have made a clickable PDF map.

don't click the image Above, because it is not interactive. You have to download the PDF. The first person that emails or messages me saying they can't do anything with the image gets 10 laps.

2019Map.pdf 1.21 MB · 5 downloads

OMG I LOVE IT

On 5/8/2019 at 5:50 PM, Racer28173 said:

Nebraska has a race track?!?!  Who knew?

Seriously this map has already been helpful

• Like 1