Bill Strong

2019 Official Salt Lake Eights at Utah Motorsports Campus

UTAH MOTORSPORTS CAMPUS: Double 8 Enduro

July 26 - July 28
Utah Motorsports Campus, 512 Sheep Ln. 
Tooele, UT 84074 United States 
+ Google Map

July 27-July 28, 2019 UTAH MOTORSPORTS CAMPUS: Double 8 Enduro Tooele, UT "Salt Lake Eights"
Early Pay Discount Ends: May 28, 2019

Event Supplementals https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/385.pdf

Event Entries https://champcar.org/register/entrantlist.php?eventid=385

Event Coordinator: Dana Morrison
Event Registrar: Laura O'Rourke
Event Media: Bill Strong 

Entries for Salt Lake Eights

updated July 8, 2019

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   Bandits 47 1979 Pontiac Trans Am
2.   Blue by you 184 1994 Mazda Miata
3.   Bucket List Brigade 700 1986 BMW 325e
4.   Cremaster Racing 80 1999 Mazda Miata
5.   CU-Boulder Racing Team 720 1990 Mazda Miata
6.   Freight Dawgs 635 1986 BMW 635 CSI
7.   MPACT Racing BMW 303 1993 BMW 325i
8.   MPACT Racing/Ford Performance Racing School 302 2015 Ford Mustang GT
9.   MR Miatas 436 2001 Mazda Miata
10.   Uncommon Friends Racing 46 1978 Datsun 280Z
11.   Utah Valley University 2 1990 Mazda Miata
12.   Willie's Bar and Grill 711 1997 Ford Mustang

We are signed up. Are we locked into East track only? Any chance of doing East one day and West the other day?

2 hours ago, mpact said:

We are signed up. Are we locked into East track only? Any chance of doing East one day and West the other day?

Agree, alternately can the east track be run in reverse on day two?

Just signed up.  I lived in Salt Lake City for a few years in my early 20's and broke my ankle skydiving at the Tooele Airport (partial malfunction, too cheap to cut away and pay a certified rigger to repack my reserve-so i just "rode it down").  It will be great to see how it's changed and join everyone for a weekend of great racing!!

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 12:04 PM, mpact said:

Probably not, the contract is complete and signed already. But this is the kind of feedback we need to give you guys the races you want to run. We can look into something like this next year, provided we have the car counts to make it work.

We're certainly open to trying different formats. Last year we ran this on the huge course and for 24 hours, this year we changed the format based on the input from racers. So changes are possible. 

See you there.

Dana

12 hours ago, DuncanDana said:

Probably not, the contract is complete and signed already. But this is the kind of feedback we need to give you guys the races you want to run. We can look into something like this next year, provided we have the car counts to make it work.

We're certainly open to trying different formats. Last year we ran this on the huge course and for 24 hours, this year we changed the format based on the input from racers. So changes are possible. 

See you there.

Dana

Thanks. Yes, we ran last year and everyone voted to stay on the same track (full course) because it was a pretty rare treat. The Double 8 is a nice change for smaller fields, but East and West are such different tracks, that it is nice to switch it up. 

Just show up on friday.
Get your car tech'ed.
Get your gear inspected and tech'ed.
Register your car and drivers. 
Setup your pit lane.
Attend the new to champcar driver and crew meeting.
Saturday. 
Roll your car on pitlane. Bill Strong installs in-car cameras while you guys are all at the drivers meeting.
Get your driver in car about ten minutes before we roll. 
Go race. Try to win.
Sunday... repeat.
Attend awards.

Go home.

Got it, learn the track as you go and hope the car doesn't have gremlins when runing at 'speed'. Looking forward to see you all there.

2 hours ago, Olythekid said:

Got it, learn the track as you go and hope the car doesn't have gremlins when runing at 'speed'. Looking forward to see you all there.

We've used the first day of a two day race as a test and tune. Many a team suddenly has a test and tune kind of day. :)

• Haha 1

I would like to interrupt your TireRack.com Indy Grand Prix celebrations to pass on the next race informational email.

So, it's almost time to race in Utah, and here's some stuff you might need to know.

Greetings Everyone! So this is about the time where I would normally start asking Team Captains if they have preferences for assignments on pit lane. However, pit lane shouldn't be too crowded. So based on the last few races I'm going to let you chose your own pit space when you load in.

Now, with that said, I need to keep my staff together, so I'll set up pit-in and pit-out, then you can select your space. This has worked well in the last two races so we'll do it again.

Please take a few minutes to review the Supplemental Rules here. 
https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/385.pdf

Utah Motorsports has both Garages and RV camping spots available for rent. Here is the information direct from the track on how to reserve yours.

How to rent a garage or RV space
www.utahmotorsportscampus.com/mor/reservations.html
Click RESERVE A GARAGE OR RV SPACE
Put in arrival date and end date
Click the desired area
Click book now
It's $25 per day or $175 per week for RV spaces
If they have any questions Guest Services/Security is over RV spaces and garages at 435-277-8542
If you have never raced with ChampCar before, or this is your first race in 2019, please take the time to complete your Tech sheet beforehand. Present your form when you take your car through Tech inspection, once you pass, take your form to Registration.

If you have a 2019 Annual Tech, grab your logbook and head straight to Registration.

First time racing with ChampCar, or just want a refresher on how our race unfolds? Join us at the Champ-School for new and novice drivers. The meeting is required if you have never raced with ChampCar or never raced wheel-to-wheel. All others are welcome. When is it, and where? Check the Supplemental Rules, see, that's how I get you to read them...
https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/385.pdf

Got a question about the race? Feel free to reach out to me here. dana.morrison@champcar.org

We're looking forward to seeing you in Utah!

The ChampCar Staff

1 hour ago, Olythekid said:

Can I race for you once my own car grenades itself on the first lap? 🤡

That happened last year to my car. kinda. I was going to win the race until it stopped on the parade lap.

• Haha 2

On 7/16/2019 at 9:55 PM, mpact said:

If anyone is looking for a seat, we might have an opening in our BMW 325 due to a potential last minute cancellation.

I'm very interested! I just barely found out about champ car and I'd love to give it a whirl and learn more. I've never raced anything other than go karts, so I don't even know where to start. Send me a message and I'd love to help!

PS - Im 33 yrs old and I at least understand basic racing fundamentals.