Bill Strong

2019 Official Lifeline VIR 24-Hour Classic

I'm still processing what occurred between us and another team..... not sure I will publicly share my realizations.... or privately either that matter.  

But 14 hours later, as it sinks in... ..ugh.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, dogtired said:

I'm still processing what occurred between us and another team..... not sure I will publicly share my realizations.... or privately either that matter.  

Thanks for sharing?

Great seeing you as always...

42 minutes ago, chip said:

Thanks for sharing?

Great seeing you as always...

Likewise dude, well done. Congrats on the W.

I'm just really disgusted... the behavior was well beyond civil... and we are not without considerable blame... 

But, at the same time I feel completely disrespected as an entrant.... ... entrant: " one who participates".... 

Call us a field filler, call us a back marker.... but muthafargher... 

I paid for that piece of pavement just like everyone else...  and if you have to pass us in T10 on the grass on the left..... this might be more your issue than mine.

I could let this go.... I could.....

OK, there is no way i can let this go.... I'm fracking pissed off....

poop happens, people make mistakes.... sometimes people hunt down and don't cars that might have spun them in T10... I didn't say we are without fault.... 

I'm a parent... I understand some of this.... 

Ugh

Edited by dogtired

Looking for Video of #112 BBY Acura Integra Crash at around 9:30 am with 3 hours and 25 mins to go 

Thanks

28 minutes ago, the5 said:

Looking for Video of #112 BBY Acura Integra Crash at around 9:30 am with 3 hours and 25 mins to go 

Thanks

That was a big hit, saw the aftermath. No video of the actual accident 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dogtired said:

If you're not going to tell the story, then don't post about it.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

If you're not going to tell the story, then don't post about it.

Might I say.... let me see if I can put this succinctly and yet within the current acceptable language...  frack off checker head, I don't remember asking you...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chip said:

That was a big hit, saw the aftermath. No video of the actual accident 

Pretty sure it happened right behind you,  as in just after you left the esses at the top, it was happening at the bottom

Edited by the5

5 hours ago, cmi11er said:

Start posting in the post race thread, which is not this one!

@Bill Strong is still sleeping and hasn’t posted an official one, so this post will have to do for now. 

@dogtired which car were you in? I don’t remember any incidents at turn 10 other than my own where I was turned by NLS. Really no harm and no damage. He came over and apologized. 

• Sad 1

@Doc  @Paulie Tiffany and many others. @Bill Strong   Really AWESOME job on the race broadcast!!!!   I was at home and watched at least 10 hours of it. Better every race that I watch.  You guys had to have been exhausted.  As a past participant (x2) in that race, it was funny to see how fried everyone was at the end (although a few people that got interviewed seemed reasonably fresh).  Congrats to Huggins and VRG and the rest of the podium!!!

and awesome to see an 81 year old on the B class podium. 

• Like 7

I too was hooked and watched a bunch of that race.  Great coverage.  I couldn't help but think Bill was doing a great Chris Economaki cover the whole time!  If he had some Black horn rimmed glasses, he would have it covered perfectly!  I loved it!

Great racing and loved seeing the Camaro bring a D car up to second!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

@Doc  @Paulie Tiffany and many others. @Bill Strong   Really AWESOME job on the race broadcast!!!!   I was at home and watched at least 10 hours of it. Better every race that I watch.  You guys had to have been exhausted.  As a past participant (x2) in that race, it was funny to see how fried everyone was at the end (although a few people that got interviewed seemed reasonably fresh).  Congrats to Huggins and VRG and the rest of the podium!!!

and awesome to see an 81 year old on the B class podium. 

This and same here

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the5 said:

Thanks

Realize this is the wrong thread but wanted to get this out there.  I was in the 902 and turned the 112.  So glad the driver is ok physically-- was a nasty hit and could have been worse.  

Totally my fault as overtaking driver.  I misread the situation and feel terrible about ruining their day.  FWIW on a Monday morning, here was my thinking.  I had caught the 112 in 1.  Coming out of the lower esses I stayed to the left and in the mirror so the 112 knew I was there.  I was lapping a fair bit quicker so assumed when the 112 stayed right and didn't protect a little I thought it was giving me the entry and would breathe the throttle and tuck behind.  That was a bad assumption.  I wasn't intentionally being aggressive and should have waited and I feel crappy about it.

Brett

7 minutes ago, eyeballs19 said:

Realize this is the wrong thread but wanted to get this out there.  I was in the 902 and turned the 112.  So glad the driver is ok physically-- was a nasty hit and could have been worse.  

Totally my fault as overtaking driver.  I misread the situation and feel terrible about ruining their day.  FWIW on a Monday morning, here was my thinking.  I had caught the 112 in 1.  Coming out of the lower esses I stayed to the left and in the mirror so the 112 knew I was there.  I was lapping a fair bit quicker so assumed when the 112 stayed right and didn't protect a little I thought it was giving me the entry and would breathe the throttle and tuck behind.  That was a bad assumption.  I wasn't intentionally being aggressive and should have waited and I feel crappy about it.

Brett

There was a point by....

4 minutes ago, jakks said:

There was a point by....

There was?  I didn't see one- but maybe I missed it.

But the 112 didn't act like he pointed him bye

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jakks said:

There was a point by....

7 minutes ago, chip said:

There was?  I didn't see one- but maybe I missed it.

But the 112 didn't act like he pointed him bye

I didn't see a point by either.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I didn't see a point by either.   

45 sec mark

7 minutes ago, jakks said:

45 sec mark

That is a chip in the windshield and there looks to be something on the guardrail that you're seeing....I don't see a hand going out the window at the 45 second mark at all.

11 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

That is a chip in the windshield.....I don't see a hand going out the window at the 45 second mark at all.

I’m looking at in on my phone so hard to resize. Rewinding it and looking it appears to be some sort of shadow cast on the Armco, but an initial look it looked like it was a very quick point by. 

16 minutes ago, jakks said:

I’m looking at in on my phone so hard to resize. Rewinding it and looking it appears to be some sort of shadow cast on the Armco, but an initial look it looked like it was a very quick point by. 

Trust me, I had to rewind it 5 or 6 times on my computer to confirm.  It looks like a point by when you watch it the first couple of times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeballs19 said:

Brett

Brett,

I appreciate you stopping by and saying that it was all your fault. Looking at the video, I can't blame you 100%. It looks like there may have been room to initiate the pass. What I was actually trying to do is give you enough room to back off before we both ran out of track. It's a very dangerous part of the track and I did not think that anyone with matching power would try to go 2 wide. In the end I chalk it up to a racing incident and I do not harbor any ill feelings, especially after the way you handled it. Very classy. We can both learn from it. I am just glad that I walked away from it. 

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, drsrock said:

Brett,

I appreciate you stopping by and saying that it was all your fault. Looking at the video, I can't blame you 100%. It looks like there may have been room to initiate the pass. What I was actually trying to do is give you enough room to back off before we both ran out of track. It's a very dangerous part of the track and I did not think that anyone with matching power would try to go 2 wide. In the end I chalk it up to a racing incident and I do not harbor any ill feelings, especially after the way you handled it. Very classy. We can both learn from it. I am just glad that I walked away from it. 

Civility for the win!  

Glad everyone is ok, that looked like it hurt.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jakks said:

There was a point by....

I see no point by, but, even if there was one, it would have been expired by the time

5 hours ago, jakks said:

@Bill Strong is still sleeping and hasn’t posted an official one, so this post will have to do for now. 

I have reminded T&S to send the file to Bill for posting. 

Edit: nevermind. Tyler has posted up the speedhive results.

Edited by FlorahDorah