Vors TR4 Wheels - any experience?

tneker

At the risk of being accused of bargain hunting for a fairly important aspect of a race car, (the wheels), I did run across a wheel that struck me as "cost effective".

Anyone have any experience with Vors wheels?   They claim they are manufactured to meet  or exceed JWL/VIA standards (whatever that means).  They don't have any weights listed so that isn't confidence inspiring either

https://www.vorswheels.com/products/tr4

A related question,  what is the practical application of the 2X rule for wheels?  None of the nationally recognized auto part chain stores offer a stock replacement wheel for our car (or probably any others for that matter).

image.thumb.png.23335286fe9dac39ef9fea9f5f63085f.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/19/2019 at 9:19 AM, tneker said:

At the risk of being accused of bargain hunting for a fairly important aspect of a race car, (the wheels), I did run across a wheel that struck me as "cost effective".

Anyone have any experience with Vors wheels?   They claim they are manufactured to meet  or exceed JWL/VIA standards (whatever that means).  They don't have any weights listed so that isn't confidence inspiring either

https://www.vorswheels.com/products/tr4

A related question,  what is the practical application of the 2X rule for wheels?  None of the nationally recognized auto part chain stores offer a stock replacement wheel for our car (or probably any others for that matter).

image.thumb.png.23335286fe9dac39ef9fea9f5f63085f.png

I have those exact wheels installed on my 2016 Cadillac ATS4. They are a good quality, inexpensive wheel manufacturer. They do have a wheel weight listing, but it’s slightly off. It states that my 17x9 +30 TR4s should be about 22.7 lbs, but they are actually 19.8 lbs. If you google “vors wheel weight”, the page pops right up. The stamps on the wheel verify that they passed the Japanese wheel certification process. JWL stands for Japan Lightweight Wheel Standard and VIA stands for Vehicles Inspection Association of Japan. I assume these wheels are either Japanese or China made, but that doesn’t mean so just because of the stamp. Japan just happened to start the wheel grading system, thus creating the standard and almost all wheel companies use it to grade their wheels til this day. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, LuckyKid said:

Mazda sells BBS Miata wheels for $431.30.  I figure our wheel budget is then  $3450.40 for four.

Old thread, missed that at first, but wheels are no longer 2X so you can buy almost anything you like.

Since carbon fiber is not allowed outside the cockpit I'll assume they are not allowed as wheels at least. Plenty of $1000+ per wheel options out there though.